• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Remember last July?

Right? Most of us expected playoffs. Nothing less. We believed it.
    We believed, all be it briefly, that Gregg Williams and his staff was capable of taking this team far, due to the talent o the roster.

Well, we know how that turned out, but if we believed coaches as horrible as GW and KG could do it, why not believe that Mike Mularkey and his staff could do it? I know it's a stretch of the imagination, but Marvin Lewis almost got the Bengals to the playoffs in his first year as HC. Let me repeat that - Marvin Lewis almost took the BENGALS to the playoffs in his first year as HC. Callahan got his team to the Super Bowl in his first year as a HC (and destroyed them a year later). The point being that it is possible for this team to have far more success in 2004 than it did in 2003. I'm hoping it happens.
  • HenryRules
    • Jul 2002

Just as a reminder ... over 70% of the people in one of the polls before the season predicted a 10-6 or better record last season.

Comment

• BillsFever
      Mr. Predictament
      • Feb 2003

I predicted 7 wins with a chance for 9 if things fell the right way. I wasn't surprised by this season at all.

Comment

• Jeff1220
        • Jul 2002

That's what I'm saying. If GW was enough for us to believe it, certainly Mularkey is good enough to believe that. With GW, there was only one way to go by hiring a new coach - up.
        This team has talent. Alot of it, not like the roster disintigration when GW was brought in.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by HenryRules
          Just as a reminder ... over 70% of the people in one of the polls before the season predicted a 10-6 or better record last season.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...threadid=25829
          Yeah well KG turned out to be even dumber than we expected.

Comment

• Halbert
            I'm Not Normal
            • Jul 2002

Reminds me of the guys who predicted the correction of the stock market every year during a decade of unprecidented gains, then when a correction finally occurred they said "I told you so".

Habitual naysayers are about as accurate as a broken clock - one out of twelve.

Comment

• Jeff1220
              • Jul 2002

I'm not saying "I told you so." I thought the Bills would be playing this weekend! I'm just saying if there was that much faith in GW and Co., why not share a shred of faith for the new coach and his staff. He should be better in his first year than GW was in any.

Comment

• Halbert
                I'm Not Normal
                • Jul 2002

Actually I agree with you. I was referring to all those people that claim to have been certain we'd get the result we did, not just in this thread but for the past couple months.

C'mon, it was impossible to predict the collapse of the offense to the depths that it did. Of all the football I've watched in my life, KG turned in the worst performance of a OC that I've ever seen. This from a guy who had built good offenses in the past. The utter failure of the OL to pass protect was also shocking. About the only thing you could have predicted was the poor pressure from the outside of the DL, but the defense as a whole certainly performed well enough to be a playoff team.

Comment

• HenryRules
                  • Jul 2002

I predicted 9-7 ... I didn't mean to imply that I wasn't one of the people who was misguided.

Comment

• socalfan
                    Old Fogey from Cali
                    • Feb 2003

Remember last July?? Hell I don't even remember what I had for breakfast yesterday!

Comment

• Halbert
                      I'm Not Normal
                      • Jul 2002

I predicted 10-6. I still firmly believe that would have happened if Gilbride hadn't demonstrated a mind-numbing inability to make any adjustments whatsoever.

I don't care how injured Moulds' groin was, how many balls Reed dropped, or how many fumbles Bledsoe had. The offense was pathetic in losses to Miami (twice), Dallas, Houston and Indianapolis when the defense played great. Even below average performances from that unit in those games would have given the Bills four more wins. Gilbride was an utter failure in most games and literally cost us a likely playoff spot, imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X