PDA

View Full Version : Moves We Should Think About Making To Fix The Offense

Bmax
01-14-2004, 11:09 PM
Move one was already made with the hiring of an offensive coach in mike mularkey. Though some may disagree with the selection mularkey should be a huge breath of fresh air over gilbride.

Move 2 appears in the works hire a vet o-line coach all signs points to jim mcnally joing the bills. A high energy guy whose from wny and knows how to work with young linemen. He also knows where to put them. My money is on him moving teague.

..I FEEL THIS GUY CAN GET A ROOKIE READY TO PLAY CENTER

#3. Draft or sign another guard or center. With reuben either leaving this year or next the bills will need to shore up the guard position.

4. Draft a wr .. Most are saying we need a speed guy who can stretch the field. And i agree somewhat...First of all forget about a free agent wr. History has shown that it's best to draft a guy and work him in then to spend big bucks on a wr.

This years draft is deeeeeep in wr's so with our roster pretty set with a 3rd wr in shaw and 4th in reed or vice versa... we should take the best available wr with the first pick.

To me size is almost as important than speed. In today's game a big wr can give you a huge advantage on the field just look at owens or moss. of course speed and size is what you want.

That's whay reggie williams is my man 6-3-or 6-4 225-4.45-40 imagine williams and moulds lined up together . Wow Then when moulds numbers get to high to keep him we have a # 1 guy who can step right in .

Other wr i like in the draft lee evans short speedy big play wr from wisc. and rashun woods a eric moulds -chris chambers clone.

Sleepers sammmie parker oregon 5-10-180-4.4 fast guy more suited for the slot . had 16 catches in the sun bowl...4-6th rd

Jonnie morant -syracuse big long strider with blazing speed and big veritical 6-4-225-4.4 guy high scholl all american who had many off the field problems at the cuse ...Needs work on running routes . Remindsa me of calico from tenn. Speed and size should elevate him to rounds 3 or 4th ....

I want williams but if he is gone we still should be able to get a guy who help right away even if we have to wait to rd 3 or 4 ..

After all t. owens was drafted in the 4th round.

Bmax

ArcticWildMan
01-14-2004, 11:16 PM
If Teague is moved from Center (and I'm not argueing that at all), who steps up in his place? This draft looks fairly deep at Center but it doesn't seem to be a position TD likes to address via the draft.

Bmax
01-15-2004, 12:01 AM
YEAH I guess you could be right .. with mularkey here maybe tom will go o-line .. We could have the coach in mcnally who could groom a guy .. Plus let's face it .. we haven't had a real center since Kent Hull !!!!!

Bmax

Devin
01-15-2004, 12:58 AM
FA = DL, DB (if winfield leaves), WR (sorry but a Darrel Jackson is hard to pass up)

Draft = OL, WR/TE, QB

In no particular order