Damien Woody damaged goods as a FA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Damien Woody damaged goods as a FA?

I know he was a popular FA the Bills fans were hoping to target- but this may change some minds-

Associated Press
    FOXBORO, Mass. -- New England Patriots offensive lineman Damien Woody was listed as doubtful for the AFC championship game amid reports he will be out until next season with a knee injury.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick would not elaborate on the injury Wednesday, but the official injury report gives Woody a 25 percent chance of playing Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts. Russ Hochstein, who started one game this season at left guard, would start in Woody's place.

"We finished the game with Russ the last week, so that's probably where we'll start then this week," Belichick said.

Woody was hurt on the Patriots' first play against the Tennessee Titans last Saturday night and played intermittently in the 17-14 victory.

The Boston Globe reported Wednesday that Woody had a partial tear of the medial collateral ligament in his right knee that will not require surgery but will keep him out of Sunday's game and the Feb. 1 Super Bowl, if the team advances. Woody was unavailable for comment Wednesday.

Patriots offensive guard Damien Woody is out for the rest of the playoffs with a torn MCL, team sources told the Boston Globe on Tuesday.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Guys with bad knees are a TD specialty.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      Guys with bad knees are a TD specialty.

Thsi sis true but we didn't pay much for Marcus Jones and Willis McGahee could very well turn out very well.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

woody has a torn MCL.. i would still take him.. he is an olineman.. not a WR.. maybe it just means we will get him cheaper.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Listening to WGR this morning they were talking as if Woody was done not only for this year but forever. I find that a little hard to believe.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            Listening to WGR this morning they were talking as if Woody was done not only for this year but forever. I find that a little hard to believe.

that is not true... it is just a torn mcl.. which is actually better than an acl ... he is relatively young.. he will be fine.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Then again...Belichick was calling it a "sore leg" yesterday...LOL... what a crock

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                woody has a torn MCL.. i would still take him.. he is an olineman.. not a WR.. maybe it just means we will get him cheaper.
                Exactly what I was thinking. It is a partial tear and he is an olineman. He probably will come a little cheaper now!

Comment

• elltrain22
                  • Sep 2003

Tatonka is right on point. He is not a WR, or a QB, he is a lineman, and a damn good one at that. I believe not only should he still be pursued, but he will be pursued.
                  If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

i have never been right on point before.. it is kinda fun.

Comment

• pats-were-right
                      Just paint a target on my forehead
                      • Dec 2003

if history is our best teacher, he's only washed up if Donahoe takes him.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

Woody is fine. He has a partial tear of his MCL, it isn't even fully torn. He may not even need surgery, as many times this type of injury heals fine with rehab. The treatment is 6 weeks rest and rehab, with surgery a possibility if his rehab doesn't progress as anticipated. He will be fine this offseason, and his marketablility should not be impacted this offseason.

Actually, Larry Centers suffered a similar injury earlier this season. The Patriots decided to release him with an injury settlement so they could bring him back later. In Centers case, his knee healed fine without surgery and he was brought back late in the season.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

thanks for the info NE.

Comment

• R. Rich
                            • Apr 2003

I'd rather see us persue someone who is healthy and has no trouble handling shotgun snaps. I like Woody, but we can get a good center like Mike Flynn of Baltimore cheaper and healthier.

Comment

Working...
                            X