• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Gregg wants some of our guys with him

Just reading up on Bruce SMith and I found this gem. Joe Gibbs wants to interview several of Buffalo's assistants that worked for Williams.

Meanwhile, Gibbs made some progress in assembling his staff. John Burrell, recently Jacksonville's assistant athletic trainer, was hired as head trainer to replace Dean Kleinschmidt. Gibbs also said he has several interviews scheduled for the next few days.
    But Gibbs could not meet with the Buffalo Bills assistants he and defensive coordinator Gregg Williams hope to hire. The Bills officially named Mike Mularkey their new coach, but Mularkey was putting together his staff and might retain several of those assistants.
    The assistants in question include Bills defensive coordinator Jerry Gray, whom Washington hopes to make defensive backs coach; defensive line coach Tim Krumrie and linebackers coach Donnie Blackmon. The Redskins also were believed to be seeking Bills assistant head coach Dick LeBeau, but he apparently will land the Pittsburgh Steelers' or Bills' defensive coordinator job.
    Full Story The part I quoted is about half way down the page.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Sounds like Snyder will be wanting to interview our defensive players as they become FAs.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Please, Joe, take the G-men - Gray and Gilbride.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Here's where Winfield could possibly go, now.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mike32282
          too many CB FAs out there...if TD wants him he can tag him...if not he can get another one.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

:angry: them. They're all under contracts with us. We don't have to give them :angry: if it's a lateral move. I'd let Gray go take that demotion and say for the rest of the others.

Freaking Synder and GW.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mike32282
              i doubt it.p.price is trying to endorse winfield in atlanta.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

Gray has said no already (does not want to take a step back) but those coaches are under contract so Bills have the right to decide if they want to keep them.

If they wanted to be wed to Williams they should have not signed extension.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Yeah but if MM hired LeBeau as his DC, then Gray will either take a demotion within the Bills or go somewhere else. I suppose the San Diego and Atlanta DC jobs are still open...

Comment

Working...
                  X