PDA

View Full Version : Gregg wants some of our guys with him

northernbillfan
01-15-2004, 11:43 AM
Just reading up on Bruce SMith and I found this gem. Joe Gibbs wants to interview several of Buffalo's assistants that worked for Williams.

Meanwhile, Gibbs made some progress in assembling his staff. John Burrell, recently Jacksonville's assistant athletic trainer, was hired as head trainer to replace Dean Kleinschmidt. Gibbs also said he has several interviews scheduled for the next few days.
But Gibbs could not meet with the Buffalo Bills assistants he and defensive coordinator Gregg Williams hope to hire. The Bills officially named Mike Mularkey their new coach, but Mularkey was putting together his staff and might retain several of those assistants.
The assistants in question include Bills defensive coordinator Jerry Gray, whom Washington hopes to make defensive backs coach; defensive line coach Tim Krumrie and linebackers coach Donnie Blackmon. The Redskins also were believed to be seeking Bills assistant head coach Dick LeBeau, but he apparently will land the Pittsburgh Steelers' or Bills' defensive coordinator job.

Full Story (http://washingtontimes.com/sports/20040114-113025-5926r.htm) The part I quoted is about half way down the page.

Ebenezer
01-15-2004, 11:45 AM
Sounds like Snyder will be wanting to interview our defensive players as they become FAs.

Jan Reimers
01-15-2004, 11:48 AM
Please, Joe, take the G-men - Gray and Gilbride.

Michael82
01-15-2004, 11:51 AM
Here's where Winfield could possibly go, now. :mad:

Ebenezer
01-15-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282

too many CB FAs out there...if TD wants him he can tag him...if not he can get another one.

Mr. Miyagi
01-15-2004, 11:55 AM
:angry: them. They're all under contracts with us. We don't have to give them :angry: if it's a lateral move. I'd let Gray go take that demotion and say :tongue: for the rest of the others.

Freaking Synder and GW. :moon:

SABURZFAN
01-15-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282

i doubt it.p.price is trying to endorse winfield in atlanta.

G. Host
01-15-2004, 01:20 PM
Gray has said no already (does not want to take a step back) but those coaches are under contract so Bills have the right to decide if they want to keep them.

If they wanted to be wed to Williams they should have not signed extension.

Mr. Miyagi
01-15-2004, 01:24 PM
Yeah but if MM hired LeBeau as his DC, then Gray will either take a demotion within the Bills or go somewhere else. I suppose the San Diego and Atlanta DC jobs are still open...