PDA

View Full Version : Rumored five year deal tells us ...

Bmax
01-15-2004, 03:01 PM
That the bills will be patient with mularkey. I'm not saying he will have loads of time. But some time .. A 9-7 season without the playoffs may be ok in season one but he will have to make the playoffs and win by year two.. Then in year three the playoffs again and go far....

Ithink year one playoffs are not out of the question .. The keys to me are the o- line, receving core and creating more turnovers on def.

Let's not forget we still need a speed rusher to develope opposite schobel ....

I think with lebeau we have a very good chance of being a better def..

Bmax...

Bill Brasky
01-15-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Bmax

Let's not forget we still need a speed rusher to develope opposite schobel ....

thats exactly what we need... better pass rush = more turnovers

venis2k1
01-15-2004, 04:28 PM
our team is getting old big pat, moulds, bledsoe, sam adams, milloy, r brown, we cant be patient too long

G. Host
01-16-2004, 12:06 AM
I think they just negotiated a 5 year deal because that is how much ($5 million) M&M wanted to take head coaching job and this way he gets paid either way that much.

Think of it as a 2nd round draft pick.

It is on scale for coordinators at first head coach job.

Demon
01-16-2004, 12:07 AM
AP is reporting it's a 5 year deal, worth $7.5 million. Same deal as Jim Mora Jr got in Atlanta.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZ2NvMjltBF9TAzk1ODYxMDU5BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-bills-mularkey&prov=ap&type=lgns

Jan Reimers
01-16-2004, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by venis2k1
our team is getting old big pat, moulds, bledsoe, sam adams, milloy, r brown, we cant be patient too long

I couldn't agree more. Age, free agency and the salary cap give almost every team a very limited window of opportunity. We can't waste our good D taking a couple of years to rebuild our O.

doug45
01-16-2004, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by venis2k1

:bf1:

Kelly The Dog
01-16-2004, 08:45 AM
I think those guys have three years of prime play in them before they are old. The team is ready now and we need Mularkey to win now. There should be no learning curve. The contract, to me, is a very good one. All contracts are guaranteed. If MM is a bust it is not a helluva lot to buy him out the last two years. If he is a gem, it's extremely cheap for a top coach three or four years from now. It's the going rate for a guy that has only coordinator experience and it is not ceap by league standards. It's a good, fair contract that could prove fabulous but won't kill Ralph.