PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Houston

The Spin Rx
10-08-2002, 09:38 PM
:deadhorse
Hey guys, One of your members linked me here. I love your blue on blue uniforms.

I am a LONGTIME NFL fan in Houston. I saw Jim Kelly as a Gambler. I have watched him hook up with Ricky Sanders many a time in this humidass town many years ago. Too bad you got tricked in to diseasing your coaching staff with so many ex-Oilers. Gillbride was punched by Buddy Ryan, because he REFUSED to shorten the game and take the clock down on Monday night Football, and he was on the staff that could not pound out the clock in that famous meltdown in the playoffs. He is like having a bi-Polar relative. He is a wonderful quarterback coach, but I question his ability to understand WINNING football.

G Williams sure is a good interview isnt he??? :hamrhed:

The 46 scheme is so freakin unsound it is spooky. IMO, you need PROBOWL talent at MULTIPLE positions to make it work. The only time it EVER worked was with dynamite talent. Look at the Bears, the Eagles, and the Oilers during their respective eras.....

I am of the mindset that it takes superior talent at too many postions to work on a consistant basis.

Anyhoo, I will be here the rest of the week........ I got more to say, but heck.......I've said too much already.

:patriot:

Cntrygal
10-08-2002, 09:53 PM
Welcome ExpansionBlues :)

So how do you think Houston will do? You've had a bye to rest up, take care any minor injuries, and study film. After you guys killed the convicts, the other teams didn't take you as lightly.

IMO, the Bills will win this one.

RedEyE
10-08-2002, 09:54 PM
Welcome to BFZ ExpansionBlues. Unfortunately, I agree with everything that you have just stated. Infact, Gilbride's unbalanced play calling has already begun to effect my beloved Bills. Travis Henry touches the ball about 16 x a game while Bledsoe continues to lauch it in the air over and over again. I'm not in complete favor of a conservative offense, but the Bills need to tone things down a bit.
Your right about the 46 as well. The Bills D is not properly applying pressure to opposing QBs and is allowing too many passes downfield and too many points on the board. Fortunately, the Bills have the talent and arsenal to pass the Houston Texans. :) Good Luck this weekend.

LtBillsFan66
10-08-2002, 10:08 PM
Great post! And welcome!

The Spin Rx
10-08-2002, 10:44 PM
I'm thinkin

Bills 27
Bulls24

We will not measure our season by wins and losses. Just beating the CrackBOYS, is good to go for me till the end of the year. If we can beat the Flaming Meatballs at the end of the year, and finish 2-14. We cool. We already have 15 draft picks next year. We will be up to speed MUCH faster than the Skidmarks. They are stuck in Karmatic Hell anyway. From Beer bottles to helmet chunking to their idiot fans cheering their hurt players, they hade some strange vibes comming out of that town. We have not been out of the NFL THAT long. Since when did they MUTATE into the Eagle Fans? :dolfelon:

*note for CrackBOY haters............. The two teams the cowboys have beaten this year are a combined 1-9. just FYI Gotta spread the hatred................

lordofgun
10-08-2002, 10:47 PM
Too bad the Crackheads and the Texans aren't in the same division.

Welcome ExBlues!

mchurchfie
10-09-2002, 12:03 AM
How bout dem Cowboys!!

http://server3002.freeyellow.com/mchurchfie/jonesdrool.jpg

P.S. I borrowed this picture from another board. It is not my work of art, I only wish it was. :up:

WG
10-09-2002, 12:32 AM
LOL church!!!

Jones after his facelift starts coming undone!

Welcome Blues!!

Yeah, nice post. That is the thing that irritated me the most this offseason was the sales pitch TD and GW gave the fans about having the talent on the DL when it was apparent to most that they were basing that on nothing other than hopes apparently. We're totally outmatched on the DL and that's caused HUGE problems for us across the board.

WG
10-09-2002, 12:34 AM
Like you guys said too, this passing 80% of the time thing is gonna start kicking us in the nards as well.

KG's lack of creativity and ability to adjust to correct our problems is gonna come home to roost soon I fear.

The Spin Rx
10-09-2002, 12:56 AM
Gillbride is a brilliant offensive mind, but he is one of the most hard headed guys you will ever see........... He may catch his snap with this gig. I am sure he is tired of moving his family all over the nation every few years..............

http://www.mcmillenandwife.com/dallas_cartoon.gif

Q: Who is the new Cowboy defensive coordinator?
A: Johhny Cochran. :afro:

northernbillfan
10-09-2002, 12:56 AM
Welcome Expansion, I'm glad you made your way over here.

Andrea1234
10-09-2002, 01:07 AM
i though we are playing the texans? well anyway are you a bills or houston fan? hopefully the bills will win :)

The Spin Rx
10-09-2002, 01:27 AM
It's bonding stuff........ We all HATE the cowBOYS :bones:

BTW: doing some serious lurking..........Your site ROCKS.... :cheers:

The_Philster
10-09-2002, 02:52 AM
welcome to the board, Expansion. :cheers: I think you won't find any disagreements on your assessment of the 46 defense. The Bills have proven those points the last two years. We don't have outstanding talent at every position on defense and it shows. At least in your regular 3-4 and 4-3 schemes, some players can help make up for the shortcomings of others at times. The 46 is too dependent on EVERYONE playing close to perfectly.

Michael82
10-09-2002, 04:11 AM
So, whats the over/under on the amount of time that it will take for Jerry Gray or Gregg Williams to punch Kevin Gilbride for NOT controlling the clock? :D

Earthquake Enyart
10-09-2002, 07:52 AM
If anyone is doing the punching, KG should be punching Grey and GW. :punch:

itsandthings
10-09-2002, 08:26 AM
I think it will be interesting to see how the Bills offense fares against Dom Capers 3-4 look. Bledsoe always struggled against Capers when he was in Pittsburg and Jacksonville. The Houston Defense has actually played pretty well. They defend pretty well, especially considering the amount of time they spend on the field.

Unfortunately for Houston, their offense is abysmal. Their OL is awful, although Ryan Schau returns this week. They were hoping Tony Boselli and Ryan Young would give them bookends to help protect Carr, but neither has played and won't be back for a few weeks. Carr hasn't been that bad, Bradford and Gaffney give them a ton of outside speed and Wells has given them a tough inside runner. Still, their OL is so bad that the offense doesn't work.

I say the 3-4 look slows down the Bills offense a little, but eventually gets buried due to the time they spend on the field. Buffalo's defense will actually look like a real NFL unit this week, given the sad state of affairs in the Texans OL. Bills 24-10.

Rebecky
10-09-2002, 09:44 AM
If the Bills defense allows the Texans to humiliate us, then I would not be surprised if . . .

Bledsoe pulled a Patrick Roy (in case you Texans don't know, Roy is a big-time hockey goalie) -- just walk off the field in the middle of the game, throw down his helmet in disgust and storm to the locker room yelling, "Trade me now!"

Actually, I'm not as confident about this game as some for two reasons: (1) Gameday coaching -- The Bills defensive scheme you see in the first quarter is the same Bills defensive scheme you will see in the 4th quarter. And unlike GW, Capers is no dummy. (2) Bledsoe getting tired of having to throw 50 passes and score 40 points to win a game, and tired of getting hit all the time, and just tired in general, mentally and physically . . . he's only human, he's got to eventually wear down. It's just a matter of time.

The Spin Rx
10-09-2002, 09:56 AM
eeeeeehhhhh, abysmal? :anvil: Nah, Our offense is WAY better than LAST years!!! :hail: We salute Bob McNair.....................
http://www.chron.com/content/news/photos/02/09/08/texans/photo13.jpg
Bad Offense is all apart of the expansion thing. Heck, we got 15 freakin draft choices next year. We will be good in a hurry. I do not mind the losses this year. Imagine losing the Bills and JUST getting a BRAND new team back in town (sans warts). Well, we made a nice swap. The Flaming Meatballs can HAVE Bud Adams!!

TacklingDummy
10-09-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

KG's lack of creativity and ability to adjust to correct our problems is gonna come home to roost soon I fear.

Since KG is the Offense Cord. it will be hard for him to correct are problem. Last time I checked OC coached the offense not the Defense.

The defense is the Bills problem. If a team scores 30 points a game they should win.

THATHURMANATOR
10-09-2002, 10:06 AM
Bills 75
Texans 2

TacklingDummy
10-09-2002, 10:08 AM
Hopefully the Texans use James Allen all game to keep the Bills offense off the field. James Allen=My fantasy RB.

The Spin Rx
10-09-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Bills 75
Texans 2 I don't care if you win the game with a walk off home run 1-0................ It's good to be back in the NFL fellas :cheers:
http://www.chron.com/content/news/photos/02/09/16/texans/photo10.jpg

Patrick76777
10-09-2002, 10:29 AM
Buf 38
Hou 6

Patrick76777
10-09-2002, 10:30 AM
I like this guy.........

The Spin Rx
10-09-2002, 11:17 AM
I posted at the *official* Bills message board, and all I got were insults. I am glad I found THIS site. My confidence in Bill Fan has been restored.

MissBuffalo
10-09-2002, 11:18 AM
I think ExpansionBlues would even make Creemore proud. This is the first time I've read another teams posters posts (lol) and haven't gotten aggravated. Welcome!!!! I'm glad you came to talk football. Great pics too.

Creemoredrinker
10-09-2002, 12:26 PM
...thank you for visiting this site. May your stay until Monday be pleasant. You seem quite football knowlegable. My 12-year old son is rooting for the Texans this year along with the Bills. He, perhaps like you, likes to root for new teams as part of a fad. Sunday's game will be a lot of fun around my house.

Would you be interested in taking a few homeless Stickin' Rotting Dead Fish fans (SRDF) with you when you leave on Monday? We will trade them in return for a clean jock strap.

:loblo:

Creemoredrinker
10-09-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by MissBuffalo
I think ExpansionBlues would even make Creemore proud.

The Spin Rx
10-09-2002, 12:34 PM
One question Bills Fan:

Was Williams THAT good an interview?????? Heck, HOUSTON didn't even want these guys....... :hamrhed: :shelby:

Jackson, Kevin Gilbride (offensive coordinator), Jerry Gray (defensive coordinator), Ronnie Vinklarek (offensive line), Pat Thomas (defensive backs), Tommy Kaiser (assistant offense/special teams), Steve Kragthorpe (quarterbacks) and O'Neill Gilbert (defensive line assistant) have ties to Houston.

The Bills' administrative offices are a Steve Christie overtime field goal from Ralph Wilson Stadium. From his spacious office, Williams can look out a huge picture window at the stadium where he suffered the worst experience of his coaching career.

Williams, Gilbride, Thomas, Gray and Jackson were coaching or playing on the 1992 Oilers' team that blew a 35-3 third-quarter lead and lost the wild-card game 41-38 on Christie's field goal in overtime.

"I try to keep that game out of my mind as much as possible. But as you can imagine, it's a big part of the tradition here," Williams said. "It wasn't until I'd been on the sideline as the Bills' coach two or three times that I quit thinking about it."

Three seasons after the Oilers left Houston, Williams was the Tennessee Titans' defensive coordinator when they pulled off the Music City Miracle in a wild-card game at Nashville. On a play called Home Run Throwback, they scored the winning touchdown with no time remaining to eliminate the Bills.

Gilbride is the only assistant with Houston ties who's in his first season with the Bills. Since being fired in the Pardee purge 10 games into the 1994 season, Gilbride was offensive coordinator at Jacksonville and Pittsburgh and head coach at San Diego. He spent the 2001 season as a television and radio broadcaster
(thanks to the Houston Chronicle for the quotes!!)

TigerJ
10-09-2002, 12:38 PM
Welcome, Expansion. You sound like you know your football.

On Gilbride, I think we're all hoping he's gotten wiser with the years. I think the focus of our immediate concern is and should be on the defense. The problems on defense have less to do with time of possession at this point than the fact that we don't have enough studs up front in a scheme that needs studs up front. It has been exposed by the fact that Buffalo has faced 5 teams in a row with potentially explosive offences though the Jets have certainly had their problems this season.

This week should be different vs. the Texans. It will be strength vs. strength and weakness vs. weakness. I think the Bills should win because our strength (offence) is probably stronger than the strength of the Texans (defense) and our weakness (defense) is not quite as weak as the Texans' weakness (offence). Buffalo has shown they can shut down a running game if the other team doesn't have a terribly high powered passing game to shift to. The problem with the Raiders was that they were balanced. They have an excellent running game and they have the top all time receiver and an guy who's not that far down the list. Granted Rice isn't quite what he used to be but he's still a cagey veteran with great hands who knows how to find holes in the defense. The Texans don't have as much talent anywhere on offence as the Raiders. Our defense may actually look pretty good.

The Spin Rx
10-09-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Creemoredrinker
...thank you for visiting this site. May your stay until Monday be pleasant. You seem quite football knowlegable. My 12-year old son is rooting for the Texans this year along with the Bills. He, perhaps like you, likes to root for new teams as part of a fad. Sunday's game will be a lot of fun around my house.

Would you be interested in taking a few homeless Stickin' Rotting Dead Fish fans (SRDF) with you when you leave on Monday? We will trade them in return for a clean jock strap.

:loblo: Since you are the biggest ass in here, I'll take that as a complement :bones: As a NFL fan and Houstonian for four decades, I am proud to support my local team. Perhaps your child learns his lack of pride from your insipid attitude? :bravo: :bravo:

Creemoredrinker
10-09-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by ExpansionBlues
Since you are the biggest ass in here, I'll take that as a complement :bones: As a NFL fan and Houstonian for four decades, I am proud to support my local team. Perhaps your child learns his lack of pride from your insipid attitude?

:smooch:

...to welcome this guy and be nice to him and I'm called an a**. That will be the last time I do that.

First of all, before I castrate you like the bull *****ter that you are, will you take us up on our offer to take the Stickin' Rotting Dead Fish fans with you on Monday?

I do NOT want to ruin our delicate relationship if you intend on helping us to take out the trash so to speak.

:gag:

The Spin Rx
10-09-2002, 12:56 PM
You have a nice way of combining a compliment with an insult. It takes tremendous skill. I am happy I am not alone. I am NO bandwagon fan. It you are into smack, I CAN defend myself!!!
:hammeru: I can see a condesending comment as far away as Buffalo. I appoligize.
http://www.earlcampbell.com/image_gallery/images/oilers_gall1.jpg

Creemoredrinker
10-09-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by ExpansionBlues
You have a nice way of combining a compliment with an insult. It takes tremendous skill. I am happy I am not alone. I am NO bandwagon fan. It you are into smack, I CAN defend myself!!!
:hammeru: I can see a condesending comment as far away as Buffalo. I appoligize

:makeout:

...with the fad comment. That is just the way my son is. I'm glad to hear you have been through the pain of the Houston Oiler years.

As to comments about Buffalo the city, please shoot away. I'm a Buffalo Bills fan, but I'm :mounty:

If you and I can cut this deal with respect to the Stickin' Rotting Dead Fish fans, I think we could be good friends. All you have to say is "Yes, I will take them on Monday". Then my life is great around here and we all enjoy the big Bills win on Sunday. What do you say?

:priest:

The Spin Rx
10-09-2002, 01:13 PM
Every good guy needs his Villan Creekmore. Where would Captain America be without the REDSKULL? What good is Austin Powers without Dr. Evil?
http://www.corpust.com/Gif/minicheney.gif

Like I said, I am sorry, and kindly take my remorse.............but I can not take away your villians!!! It just would not be right!!
:monte:

Rebecky
10-09-2002, 03:49 PM
I LOVE that Cheney/MiniMe picture!

Hey, what's the problem if Cree's kid wants to root for the Texans? Let's be frank: when you live in a football town, some of the home team fans can REALLY grate on your nerves. Come on, be honest folks, have you never run into a group of fans so obnoxious that you just didn't even want to be associated with "those people"?

Kids and teens, because of their normal tendency toward rebellion and nonconformism, are very naturally prone to becoming "anti-fans" in a football town. And if the school Cree's kid attends is anything like the ones my kids attended in Tennessee, the most obnoxious sociopathic underachievers in the school are strutting around in pro football jerseys, right? With a vocabulary that seems limited to "Huh huh huh" or "Yuk yuk yuk" -- right?

Besides, who among us is not just a little inclined to root for the underdogs -- and the Texans DEFINITELY qualify as underdogs.

The Spin Rx
10-09-2002, 04:04 PM
eeehhhh, I just went *off* on him implying that I was following the Texas as a "Fad". I read MORE into it than was REALLY there.
:loblo: I was wrong.

casdhf
10-09-2002, 04:08 PM
I'm sure you've liked the Oilers as well as the Texans...that sucked that they moved. How about that OT playoff game though? :D

The Spin Rx
10-09-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
I'm sure you've liked the Oilers as well as the Texans...that sucked that they moved. How about that OT playoff game though? :D YOU are the team that hired the coaches off that Oiler staff.............Ask YOUR head coach and Offensive coordinator, if you want to know!!
:rofl: :psyche:

casdhf
10-09-2002, 04:42 PM
Was the before Buddy Ryan kicked his ass?

Creemoredrinker
10-09-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
Concerned:

I find it nauseating that a few unruly Bills fans have found it necessary to attack ExpansionBlues. His original posts were well thought out and voiced carefully as to not insult anyone on this board. Suddnely, out of no where, two BFZ cowboys are zipping into this thread with nothing more in mind then to aggitate and aggravate the innocent. Granted, there are few opposing team fans here that set out to annoy any Bills fan surfing this board. However, I was not getting that same impression from ExpansionBlues posts. At least not until he was forced to defend himself. This board used to have the feeling that all were welcome to tastefully voice their opinions, but over the past few weeks that feeling has quickly deteriorated. For the most part the vast majority of responses are appropriate but that has declined in recent weeks. I hope that this situation will be amended.

Please read his post and he admits as such. I certainly did NOT attack him and I agree wholeheartedly that he is a very intelligent poster.

Surely, you are NOT referring to me as one of those two cowboys. If so, please re-read my posts and his.

:bigwave:

The Spin Rx
10-09-2002, 05:34 PM
You guys have been wonderful on balance. I was WAY too hard on Creemoredrinker.............. I just thought he was labeling me as a bandwagon guy............. well he was NOT. Just a little misinterpertation.........

I think I was just (still) in the mindset of defending myself from EagleFan, as they were our opponent last week.......... :pow:

I can handle the goobers. Thanks for the nice thoughts and words Red. I appreciate your intelligent and decent fans. They really have been the best one's I have visited on the net so far this year. You guys will be hard to beat at this point. One or two *Einsteins* will feel the Rath of MY sharp, dark~side. :machgun:

THATHURMANATOR
10-09-2002, 05:53 PM
Expansionblues is the Church of the Texans message boards!

Rebecky
10-09-2002, 07:23 PM
OK, OK, Red Eye, I'll be nice -- GROUP HUG!!

Now can I smack somebody around? I'm in a funky mood tonight, I wanna verbally whack someone! Who can I whack?

TigerJ
10-09-2002, 07:54 PM
I think what happened in the Creemore and Expansion exchange is that Creemore actually tried to give Expansion a complement, but his overall distaste for alien (non-Bills fan) posters came through and Expansion initially took it as an insult.

I don't really think it was necessary for Creemore to suggest Expansion leave after next Monday. I wouldn't mind if he stuck around, but I'm guessing he probably has more important things to do since we are not in the same division and no natural rivalry is likely to develop. Hopefully we can get back to football now.

lordofgun
10-10-2002, 12:19 AM
Consider this an official statement:

ANY fan of ANY team is welcome here. We will not tolerate persoanl attacks against them. We will not tolerate it when you tell them to leave. This is especially the case for great fans of football like ExpansionBlues.

If a fan of another team comes here and starts to talk trash and hurls insults without provocation, flaming the board, then by all means, talk some smack back. That person will be dealt with.

Anyone who asks people to leave this site that the volunteers have worked so hard to build should cease doing so. If you can't handle opposing teams' fans posting here, then perhaps you shouldn't be posting here.

Thanks for your time. :up:

GO BILLS!

THATHURMANATOR
10-10-2002, 01:22 AM
YEAH LOG!!!!!!!!!

WCoastFin
10-10-2002, 01:24 PM
YA LOG! you Tell'em bro!.......ummm, why is everybody looking at me?