PDA

View Full Version : Enough Mularkey, Give Gray his job back

juice
01-16-2004, 09:36 AM
Gray was doing the the job as well as could be expected with the level of talent that the Bills had two seasons ago. When the Talent was bought in we all saw the results. Most important the players will play for him. Dont add insult to injury by not giving the Job to Jerry Gray immediatly.

Tatonka
01-16-2004, 09:46 AM
what makes you think winfield stays with gray? he has never said anything to indicate that.. it is all about money and achance to win.

juice
01-16-2004, 09:53 AM
Early in the season Winfield showed he wanted to stay, which to me shows some level of loyalty. Players want to play for "Their" coach. It is all about the best chance to win this new staff has to convince Winfield the chance is here and now, not coming after a year of adjusting. Gray goes a long way towards helping make up AW mind. Stability

fabolouspaul
01-16-2004, 09:58 AM
Man I dont want to see defensive schmes where the CB plays 10 yards off of the reciever again. Peace out Gray!

mchurchfie
01-16-2004, 10:02 AM
I agree...no more 10-15 yard cushions:up: Even though the defense looked good in on the statistics sheet I hate the whole scheme and philosophy behind it, plus i still think that Gray is in over his head.

juice
01-16-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by fabolouspaul
Man I dont want to see defensive schmes where the CB plays 10 yards off of the reciever again. Peace out Gray!

Until some cover safeties are bought in or Champ Bailey I wouldn't play Bump and run. Top 5 defense without end presense or effective Blitz schemes. How can you argue with that. Lebeau wasn't that much of a factor in this years "D" play.

fabolouspaul
01-16-2004, 10:06 AM
We really didnt pressure the QB that much this season. With all the talent that we have, we should have a LOT MORE SACKS, and turnovers! I wouldve also like to have seen a CB blitz mixed in. Our schmes are just plain!

juice
01-16-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by fabolouspaul
We really didnt pressure the QB that much this season. With all the talent that we have, we should have a LOT MORE SACKS, and turnovers! I wouldve also like to have seen a CB blitz mixed in. Our schmes are just plain!

CB Blitz and safety blitz would have caused those sacks and turnovers, What Blitz Schemes?

helmetguy
01-16-2004, 11:00 AM
How many times did we get beat on first down, then later on third down, because the CBs were playing off and the WRs ran either quick WR screen routes or 10 yard stops (after running the cb back another 5 yards)? For all the strides the D made this year, they still had trouble getting off the field and still gave up too many third down conversions. There's always room for improvement. Let's make sure we have the best guy to to the best job.

don137
01-16-2004, 11:24 AM
I agree that playing so far off the line killed the Bills D the last couple years and I would say our division probably had some of the weakest receivers in the league...

zone
01-16-2004, 11:28 AM
Winfield and Gray can leave IMO.

juice
01-16-2004, 12:12 PM
If it aint broke... make adjustments.. dont try to retool it. Keep Gray and Winfield and draft the stud DE.

BillsMan80
01-16-2004, 12:15 PM
If the Bills are going to let Gray and Winfield go just like that, Bledsoe better be lining up right behind them at the door. Gimme Brunell, or a QB who doesn't make 8 Million bucks for doing nothing.

BillsMan80
01-16-2004, 12:16 PM
And how do we know that it wasn't Man Boobs who told Gray to play the corners 5-10 yards off the ball? With the lack of pass rush we had, if we played constant bump-and-run the defense would have been much worse off.

madness
01-16-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by BillsMan80
And how do we know that it wasn't Man Boobs who told Gray to play the corners 5-10 yards off the ball? With the lack of pass rush we had, if we played constant bump-and-run the defense would have been much worse off.

That's all I'm saying, give Gray a chance. Since the beginning he had Williams' schemes shoved down his throat. Add insult to injury ... then we brought in DL and shoved his schemes on top of that. This year Gray would be able to finally do his job without outside influences pressuring him.

BillsMan80
01-16-2004, 12:25 PM
Because of Gregg-O's arrogance, I would not be least bit suprised if Gregg-O was controlling the defense and forcing Gray to be his puppet. Oh how good it feels to get Gregg-O outta here.

Pride
01-16-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by zone
Winfield and Gray can leave IMO.

:bf1:

BillsMan80
01-16-2004, 12:29 PM
Well, unfortunately for you zone, Gray is back, which I like.

ublinkwescore
01-16-2004, 12:49 PM
Winfield was the only one that would come up off his initial coverage assignment and tackle running backs in their own backfield on delayed screen passes - we better hope winfield wants to stay - he's a damn smart player.

juice
01-16-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by BillsMan80

Lack of good safety cover play. Should be addressed in the offseason with the addition of a cover corner or cover safeties.

zone
01-16-2004, 02:17 PM
I am not denying winfields tackling skills, he is probably the best in the league.

He is a garbage cover corner though, and could not get a INT if fell in his hands.

I don't care who has been influencing this D, but it needs to be changed. T.Mghee needs a larger role, he was a rookie and tied for 2nd in picks on this team in very limited play.

Gray did nothing the 2 previous years and part of it was lack of talent, but that does not excuse your D looking like HS level.

juice
01-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by zone
I am not denying winfields tackling skills, he is probably the best in the league.

He is a garbage cover corner though, and could not get a INT if fell in his hands.

I don't care who has been influencing this D, but it needs to be changed. T.Mghee needs a larger role, he was a rookie and tied for 2nd in picks on this team in very limited play.

Gray did nothing the 2 previous years and part of it was lack of talent, but that does not excuse your D looking like HS level.

Chihidi Ahonotu was garbage, watson was whatever and the LB were over the hill.