PDA

View Full Version : Gray to Stay as DC...

BillsMan80
01-16-2004, 12:23 PM
The Dallas Morning News reports that Jerry Gray will stay with us as our Defensive Coordinator...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dallas/sports/topstories/stories/011704dnspogray.1ffee10f.html

And besides, Man Boobs and Danny boy can't get their way now.

Mr. Miyagi
01-16-2004, 12:30 PM
DallasNews reports that? What the hell do they know?

BillsMan80
01-16-2004, 12:32 PM
Because he was in the running for the University of Texas D-Coordinator job if he wasn't going to be a DC in the NFL. I am assuming Gray notified Texas, who notified the DMN.

The Natrix
01-16-2004, 12:33 PM
Good. He deserves to stay.

jchild178
01-16-2004, 12:33 PM
im fine with that i just hate seeing our corners giving opposing WR's 10-15 yard cushions

BillsMan80
01-16-2004, 12:36 PM
Exactly Natrix, I was thinking, if people want to boot Gray and Winfield out, then what the hell should be done with Bledsoe. Can we hang him to ensure he never comes back? Such hostility people hold towards Gray and Winfield, yet none towards Bledsoe.

The Natrix
01-16-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by BillsMan80
Such hostility people hold towards Gray and Winfield, yet none towards Bledsoe.

I agree, it is amazing. I guess that is what happens to a fan base after Collins-Hobert-Flutie-RJ. Any QB seems good. I'm done commenting on Bledsoe until after the first regular season game.

That being said, I don't think Winfield deserves anymore than 3 mil.

BillsMan80
01-16-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix

I agree, it is amazing. I guess that is what happens to a fan base after Collins-Hobert-Flutie-RJ. Any QB seems good. I'm done commenting on Bledsoe until after the first regular season game.

That being said, I don't think Winfield deserves anymore than 3 mil.

I agree, but I try to sign Winfield if I can. It's just mystifying that Gray, Winfield, and the Defense puts together a very good season, and yet, we are content to just shove them out the door, while not doing anything about a player who fails to perform, is the main cog on offense, and is about as mobile as the statue that is in my General Manager office rewards of NHL 2004 for PS2.