X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Jerry Gray is staying

Orchard Park, NY - The Bills today announced that Jerry Gray will continue to serve as the team’s defensive coordinator on the staff of new head coach Mike Mularkey.

“We are very pleased that Jerry Gray has accepted the offer to continue as the Bills Defensive Coordinator,” said Mularkey. “Jerry has done an outstanding job with our defense and last year’s league rankings are a good measure of his abilities as a defensive coordinator.”

• lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

As long as we can start forcing some turnovers, I don't mind. Another good pass-rusher would help.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• zone
      No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
      • Oct 2003

I am not a Gray fan, the talent we have on D is not properly utilized.
      www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

With LeBeau gone, keeping Gray is still better than hiring another guy in and starting over.

I like it.

Comment

• Buckets
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by zone
          I am not a Gray fan, the talent we have on D is not properly utilized.
          Think of what you are saying; if it was positive it was DL's doing but if was negative it was Gray's fault? Who was running the show? We can't have it both ways.
          Last edited by Buckets; 01-16-2004, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• ryven
            • Jan 2003

Gray will be fine he did a good job last season and if it was with DL's help then lets hope he learned it other than that I think he will do ok. Plus like DL said he didn't call the shot s last year and we had the #2 D so I will stay positive that JG will get the job done.

Comment

• Buckets
              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by ryven
              Gray will be fine he did a good job last season and if it was with DL's help then lets hope he learned it other than that I think he will do ok. Plus like DL said he didn't call the shot s last year and we had the #2 D so I will stay positive that JG will get the job done.
              AMEN BRO

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

gray had this defense headed in the right direction the last 8 games of 2002.. he will be just fine. i am glad to hear he is staying.

hopefully if we can get him some passrush help, things will get even better.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• juice
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  gray had this defense headed in the right direction the last 8 games of 2002.. he will be just fine. i am glad to hear he is staying.

hopefully if we can get him some passrush help, things will get even better.
                  DE stud in the draft and a cover safety will keep this defense top 5.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                    My IQ Test results came back negative
                    • Oct 2002

Gray will do fine.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                      • Apr 2003

i realize we could use a pass rushing d-end, but in reality, what does it matter if we still have the number 2 defense overall, and 2 against the pass as well???
                      the dude abides

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                        • Apr 2003

its not like were getting picked apart or anything. and like my dad used to always tell me....if it aint broke, dont fix it
                        the dude abides

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
                          i realize we could use a pass rushing d-end, but in reality, what does it matter if we still have the number 2 defense overall, and 2 against the pass as well???
                          Turnovers!

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                            • Apr 2003

good point, but hopefully our offense can move the ball this year and so we dont really NEEEED those. i am all for a pass rushing d-end and a upgrade at FS, but it seems like we have bad luck with drafting d ends and we need more help on offense with some speed at wr, and fresh legs on the line
                            the dude abides

Comment

• helmetguy
                              Touch the helmet for luck
                              • Sep 2002

Let's just hope Gray continues on his learning/progress curve. I saw a lot of DL's influence in the D last season, and one can only hope Gray was paying attention. There's still room for improvement-particularly in the pass rush and third down pass defense. The cushion given by the CBs, coupled with the lack of pressure gave QBs too much time to make plays. To me, where we ranked are just numbers; good, but still a lot of room to grow.
                              Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                              And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

Working...
                              X