PDA

View Full Version : Will TD draft a QB this year???

elltrain22
01-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Does anyone see TD using one of his draft selections on a QB? IF he does, wouldn't it be great if he does the smart thing and drafts Philip Rivers. If Bledsoe goes down, don't you want a better backup as opposed to Travis Brown or Alex Van Pelt? I know i do, plus we need to have some kind of backup plan if Bledsoe continues to play like a bumb.

The Spaz
01-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Yes, yes he will!:up:

venis2k1
01-16-2004, 12:53 PM
rod rutherford in the 3rd round.

elltrain22
01-16-2004, 12:56 PM
I always seem to forget about Rutherford, but he would be a great choice as well. I know Larry Fitzgerald had a great year last year, and his talents are imense, but Rutherford got absolutley no credit at all for getting him the ball.

justasportsfan
01-16-2004, 01:23 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7009045

The Bills have a major decision to make regarding quarterback Drew Bledsoe, a decision that new coach Mike Mularkey has to be watching closely

The Spaz
01-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
rod rutherford in the 3rd round.

There will be better than him available in Rnd. 3 IMO!

Mr. Cynical
01-16-2004, 01:38 PM
I just hope they don't put all their eggs into one basket. Reading that article on Drew's cap figures, that's a lot of cash to put into one person who may or may not rebound. I still point to his career .500 average....not something worth $13M IMO (salary plus option).

Does anyone foresee him trading up?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-16-2004, 01:57 PM
I would like to see us trade up and take Ben Roethlisberger I was reading that Malarkey is very high on this kid. So there could be a chance that we could get him.

NC-BILLS44
01-16-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7009045

The Bills have a major decision to make regarding quarterback Drew Bledsoe, a decision that new coach Mike Mularkey has to be watching closely

In the attached article he talks about Drew Henson. Why do people think he's such a great talent??? The guy as played baseball for the last few years, so what makes him such a great prospect? Quincy Carter, Hutchinson and Weinke all played baseball before finally choosing football. None of them are doing all that well at the NFL level.

Tatonka
01-16-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
There will be better than him available in Rnd. 3 IMO!

yes there will be

Originally posted by kal123
I just hope they don't put all their eggs into one basket. Reading that article on Drew's cap figures, that's a lot of cash to put into one person who may or may not rebound. I still point to his career .500 average....not something worth $13M IMO (salary plus option).

Does anyone foresee him trading up?

i dont think there is any way that td keeps bledsoe at that number.. you can call him alot of things, but an overspender, he is NOT..

as far as him trading up.. possible.. if someone like manning were to fall, but i dont think that any of us will know till it happens. first year he traded down, and that worked out great.. second year he stood pat.. so maybe this is the year we go up..

if we do trade up though and sean taylor is on the board, and we dont take him.. i may drive to buffalo and kill td myself.

Iehoshua
01-16-2004, 02:28 PM
Josh Harris!
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/bgu/sports/m-footbl/01-02action/a-harris-112301.jpg
:fabulous: :woot:

venis2k1
01-16-2004, 02:32 PM
mark my words, harris will never be more than a back up in the nfl.

venis2k1
01-16-2004, 02:33 PM
MARK THEM!!!!

mypoorfriendme
01-16-2004, 02:37 PM
hensen is so high because while he was at michigan, he was rated by lots of people above michael vick. and TD said on buffalobills.com that he wouldnt be surprised to see us draft a qb on the first day

:pray:

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-16-2004, 03:21 PM
Donahoe has already stated that he is going to draft a quarterback on the first day.

NC-BILLS44
01-16-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
hensen is so high because while he was at michigan, he was rated by lots of people above michael vick. and TD said on buffalobills.com that he wouldnt be surprised to see us draft a qb on the first day

:pray:

How many years has it been since he's played football??? How old is he now???

Iehoshua
01-16-2004, 03:49 PM
mark my words, harris will never be more than a back up in the nfl.

MARK THEM!!!!

Considering you're "Coy Wire's #1 Fan", I'll take your opinion with a grain of salt.

The Spaz
01-16-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Darth Buffalo

Considering you're "Coy Wire's #1 Fan", I'll take your opinion with a grain of salt.

What's wrong with Coy Wire, and what does that have to do with Josh Harris being able to play?

Bmax
01-16-2004, 04:03 PM
Please remember rod is left handed....I just have something against lefties playing for our team...Would we have to change our way of doing things ?

I AGREE THAT WE NEED TO BRING IN A BETTER #2 but i doubt we will.

I say draft either rivers in round 2, or harris in round 3.

And mark my words venis harris will be a starter ..He has a good arma and has great touch on short passes..

Oh by the way since your making that statement how many times have you seen him play... I have seen him play at least three games against major colleges ohio st and he performed well...

Bmax...

SABURZFAN
01-16-2004, 05:18 PM
there's plenty of QBs in this draft to choose from.my favorites are

rivers
pickett
smoker
lorenzen
van pelt

i know eli and big ben will be long gone and i'm not sold on losman.

Iehoshua
01-16-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
What's wrong with Coy Wire, and what does that have to do with Josh Harris being able to play?

Nothing is WRONG with Coy Wire. He's not exactly proven himself to be a great saftey either, else we'd not have benched him.
If someone has THAT as their favorite player, it tells me to take their talent scouting with a grain of salt. That's what its got to do with Harris!

SABURZFAN
01-16-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Bmax

rivers may go in the first round by the time April rolls around.harris in the 3rd is WAY too early.that's just my opinions though.

Iehoshua
01-16-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Bmax
Please remember rod is left handed....I just have something against lefties playing for our team...Would we have to change our way of doing things ?

I AGREE THAT WE NEED TO BRING IN A BETTER #2 but i doubt we will.

And mark my words venis harris will be a starter ..He has a good arma and has great touch on short passes..

Oh by the way since your making that statement how many times have you seen him play... I have seen him play at least three games against major colleges ohio st and he performed well...

Bmax...

Excellent points, Bmax.. All observations I've made as well. People see Bowling Green and totally dismiss Harris all together. There are some studs to come out of the smaller schools. Josh shouldn't be written off. Anyone who has watched him play knows he can make some great things happen and that was with zero running game, or rather the running game being himself!