PDA

View Full Version : Not everyone is thinks Mularkey is good

justasportsfan
01-16-2004, 01:30 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/03351/252358.stm

In an inexplicably popular TV game show, hapless contestants are identified as the weakest link, then ushered brusquely off the set.

If the Steelers feel the need to find a scapegoat after their ongoing disaster of a season is finished, it should be offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey. He is, indeed, the weakest link.

If the Steelers (and Mularkey) are lucky, maybe he'll get hired as head coach somewhere else. :scratch:

The Spaz
01-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Sour****ing grapes IMO!

justasportsfan
01-16-2004, 01:32 PM
The article was dated Dec. 17 prior to his hiring here.

I still say anything is better than GW and Gilbride.

The Spaz
01-16-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Can't argue with that!

Kolbiss
01-16-2004, 01:35 PM
it all means nothing untill he can't or can hack it as the head coach. untill then give him the benefit of the doubt. If he surrounds himself with good coaches, which he is, he should be fine. head coaches should be more motivators, dc and oc should worry about x's and o's

Buckets
01-16-2004, 01:45 PM
It makes you wonder.

lordofgun
01-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Whyt does Cowher always get a free pass?

Kolbiss
01-16-2004, 02:24 PM
he has power in the organization, and he blames evryone else. his star is fading fast

BillsOwnAll
01-16-2004, 02:24 PM
mularkary will do fine. so many bashers before they give him a chance.

Iehoshua
01-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Great article, written by MARK Madden, ex-WCW Wrestling commentator. He's just oozing credibility....
:rolleyes:

helmetguy
01-16-2004, 02:44 PM
Cowher won't be getting that free pass too much longer. His eye for talent isn't nearly as keen as TD and Modrak, he has NO concept of salary cap constraints, and the Steelers have a bit of a cap problem on the horizon. Until this past season, the AFC Central/North wasn't exactly the most dominant division in football, either. Cowher's previous strength was in that he had the horses; not so anymore. Still, Cowher will keep his job until his current deal runs out. Unless they rebound strong, Cowher could eventually be out of a job.

pats-were-right
01-16-2004, 02:48 PM
I think Mularkey is awesome. Sign him to a ten year extension. Please.

TedMock
01-16-2004, 02:56 PM
The Steelers offense had a rough time last season but didn't they also have a few injuries? The two prior years they were top 5, once putting Kordell Stewart in the pro-bowl and once giving Tommy Maddox come back player awards. NOW the OC is the weak link? If it were a pattern I'd understand but the article has no valid backing.

casdhf
01-16-2004, 05:15 PM
Yeah, Mularkey was the reason the Steelers couldn't stop the run.

Turf
01-16-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

A monkey and a blow up doll are better than GW and Gilbride.

helmetguy
01-16-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
A monkey and a blow up doll are better than GW and Gilbride.

And a lot more fun to watch!

TigerJ
01-16-2004, 09:39 PM
When a team looks like it's going to be on the outside looking in at the playoffs, fans get ugly. We attack anything and everything about the team. Just look at what we did the last half of the season. There wasn't much of anybody safe from some irate fan's scathing comment; players, coaches, front office.

The Pittsburgh offence slipped some from the year before. There are probably a number of contributing factors. We'll never know them all, being on the outside of the situation, but I'm sure everything that could have been blamed, was blamed by someone.