PDA

View Full Version : len p. on the bills (tip sheet)

Kolbiss
01-16-2004, 05:57 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1710416

Kolbiss
01-16-2004, 05:59 PM
scroll down

juice
01-16-2004, 06:05 PM
Offensive Mastermind with offensive schemes that can be adjusted.

Kolbiss
01-16-2004, 06:13 PM
i like the new staff so far!

Tatonka
01-16-2004, 06:16 PM
Bledsoe
One of the strengths of Mike Mularkey in his interview with Buffalo officials was his familiarity with the Bills' roster and his presentation on how he might revive an offense that struggled mightily in 2003. An exceptionally innovative offensive mind, the first order of business for Mularkey is to resurrect Drew Bledsoe, who had just three games of 250-plus passing yards in '03. Mularkey made productive quarterbacks, though, out of Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox in Pittsburgh, and so there is reason to assume he can't likewise rehabilitate the more talented Bledsoe. He and new offensive coordinator Tom Clements will have to protect Bledsoe better, and get the ball out of his hand a lot sooner, but also present him more options. Bet the house Mularkey is already drawing up ways to enhance the production of current Buffalo players. One guess on who could be the most improved player under the Mularkey system: Two-year veteran wide receiver Josh Reed, who caught just 58 passes and scored only two times in '03, after replacing Peerless Price as a starter. Reed doesn't quite possess the same skills-set as Hines Ward or Antwaan Randle El, but Mularkey will implement for him some of the things he did for the Steelers wideout pair. He also understands that Reed is most effective working out of the slot. And don't be surprised to see Mularkey figuring ways to have tailbacks Travis Henry and Willis McGahee on the field at the same time.

Jeff1220
01-16-2004, 08:25 PM
One guess on who could be the most improved player under the Mularkey system: Two-year veteran wide receiver Josh Reed, who caught just 58 passes and scored only two times in '03, after replacing Peerless Price as a starter. Reed doesn't quite possess the same skills-set as Hines Ward or Antwaan Randle El, but Mularkey will implement for him some of the things he did for the Steelers wideout pair. He also understands that Reed is most effective working out of the slot. And don't be surprised to see Mularkey figuring ways to have tailbacks Travis Henry and Willis McGahee on the field at the same time.

I know it says guess (ie:speculation), but the thought of this makes me drool.

I've often thought of Reed as a having H.Ward potential. They seem to be similar in their styles of play.

I think we'd all love to see Willis and Travis on the field at the same time. The D would be like "What the f- do we do?"

ryguy8161
01-16-2004, 09:32 PM
Some interesting stuff he had to say about Reed.

Michael82
01-17-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
I know it says guess (ie:speculation), but the thought of this makes me drool.

I've often thought of Reed as a having H.Ward potential. They seem to be similar in their styles of play.

I think we'd all love to see Willis and Travis on the field at the same time. The D would be like "What the f- do we do?"

It definitely makes me :drool: too. :D

lordofgun
01-17-2004, 01:30 AM
I can't read. What did Len say?