PDA

View Full Version : Mnf!

Earthquake Enyart
10-09-2002, 08:24 AM
Two things struck me:

1. Brian Urlacher caught Ahman Green from behind at full stride.

2. Notice on the first GB TD, when Madden went to the "chalk talk" he circled the wrong WR and was genuinely surprised that he had the wrong guy?

I've been trying to give Madden a chance, and he is better with Michaels than he was with the corpse, Summerall, but his time has passed. When the 2 of them were talking about when Favre was going to retire, I was hoping Madden would see the light and call it quits. His time has past.

How about getting rid of Michaels and Madden, and have a trio of some "straight" announcer type, Favre when he retires, and Tony Kornheiser as a MNF trio?

bduff54
10-09-2002, 08:28 AM
madden love favre too much, but he was awesome on monday

Rude American
10-09-2002, 03:03 PM
I like Michaels a lot. I also like Joe Buck as a football guy.

WCoastFin
10-09-2002, 05:42 PM
Micheals is awsome...

THATHURMANATOR
10-09-2002, 05:49 PM
michaels is the best in the business!!! Kornholer blows!

MissBuffalo
10-09-2002, 05:59 PM
I missed the game because I was watching the SF Giants FINALLY move on to the ML championship, but I do like Madden with Michaels much better than with Summerall. Michaels is great.

I thought Summerall was retiring???

bduff54
10-09-2002, 06:01 PM
i loved summerall, he is still on the air as Fox's 4th or 5th best crew. it is sad really

RedEyE
10-09-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Two things struck me:

1. Brian Urlacher caught Ahman Green from behind at full stride.

2. Notice on the first GB TD, when Madden went to the "chalk talk" he circled the wrong WR and was genuinely surprised that he had the wrong guy?

I've been trying to give Madden a chance, and he is better with Michaels than he was with the corpse, Summerall, but his time has passed. When the 2 of them were talking about when Favre was going to retire, I was hoping Madden would see the light and call it quits. His time has past.

How about getting rid of Michaels and Madden, and have a trio of some "straight" announcer type, Favre when he retires, and Tony Kornheiser as a MNF trio?

1.) I knew Urlacher was a monster, but when he ran down A G Monday, I was in complete awe. It makes sense why he is all over the field. Urlacher has some incredibly explosive closing speed. Does anyone remember what round of the draft that he was taken in?

2.)Madden has issues, but that MNF team last season was down right awful. Madden will probably get the axe fro ABC after this season. I do like his virtual renderings and plays from the video game that bares his name.

Cntrygal
10-09-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
1.) I knew Urlacher was a monster, but when he ran down A G Monday, I was in complete awe. It makes sense why he is all over the field. Urlacher has some incredibly explosive closing speed. Does anyone remember what round of the draft that he was taken in?

I don't know what round... but a few weeks ago, he hurdled a lineman to get at the QB. :eek:

The Spin Rx
10-09-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE

Round 1
Pick Overall Name Team Position School
1 1 Courtney Brown Browns DE Penn State
2 2 LaVar Arrington Redskins LB Penn State
3 3 Chris Samuels Redskins OT Alabama
4 4 Peter Warrick Bengals WR Florida State
5 5 Jamal Lewis Ravens RB Tennessee
6 6 Corey Simon Eagles DT Florida State
7 7 Thomas Jones Cardinals RB Virginia
8 8 Plaxico Burress Steelers WR Michigan State
9 9 Brian Urlacher Bears LB New Mexico
10 10 Travis Taylor Ravens WR Florida
11 11 Ron Dayne Giants RB Wisconsin
12 12 Shaun Ellis Jets DE Tennessee
13 13 John Abraham Jets LB South Carolina
14 14 Bubba Franks Packers TE Miami (FL)
15 15 Deltha O'Neal Broncos DB California
16 16 Julian Peterson 49ers LB Michigan State
17 17 Sebastian Janikowski Raiders K Florida State
18 18 Chad Pennington Jets QB Marshall
19 19 Shaun Alexander Seahawks RB Alabama
20 20 Stockar McDougle Lions OT Oklahoma
21 21 Sylvester Morris Chiefs WR Jackson State
22 22 Chris McIntosh Seahawks OT Wisconsin
23 23 Rashard Anderson Panthers DB Jackson State
24 24 Ahmed Plummer 49ers DB Ohio State
25 25 Chris Hovan Vikings DT Boston College
26 26 Erik Flowers Bills DE Arizona State
27 27 Anthony Becht Jets TE West Virginia
28 28 Rob Morris Colts LB BYU
29 29 R. Jay Soward Jaguars WR USC
30 30 Keith Bulluck Titans LB Syracuse
31 31 Trung Canidate Rams RB Arizona
http://hjs.geol.uib.no/Animgifs/anim_2_bullredsymbol.gif Mess with the Bull, you get the HORNS!!!

Earthquake Enyart
10-10-2002, 06:44 AM
In college, Urlacher ran back punts!

He has been hurt by Big Ted's injury, but he still is awesome.