PDA

View Full Version : Anybody catch Mularkey and Spikes on the NFL network tonight?

caveboy
01-17-2004, 12:42 AM
Channel 212 on Direct TV. They'll probably repeat it for the next day. Spikes asking coach generic questions about his plans. Mularkey talked about how he wants his O-line to be as aggressive as the defense, how he also likes tough players like Spikes.

Demon
01-17-2004, 12:59 AM
I don't even get the NFL Network :mad:

I wish my cheap cable company would add it! (Time warner), i mean i get the NBA Channel, i get the Animal Channel, i get like 20 Sports channels, the GOLF Channel but i can't get the NFL Channel????? :drinker:

Although i heard from someone the channel sucks? But i'v never seen it so i can't say.

caveboy
01-17-2004, 01:15 AM
It repeats programs a lot. It has a lot of players as commentators on it though. It's like Fox's coverage with Long, Bradshaw, etc.

saviorbledsoe
01-17-2004, 09:27 AM
I just caught some of it. They do repeat things A LOT. One thing that I thought was funny was TKO said after he interviewed MM that he was very excited that MM wants to play smashmouth football and that means running the ball instead of passing all the time so he can get a chance to enjoy his gatoraid. (no slam on KG im sure...lol)

One other thing I keep noticing about MM is that he is very careful not to make predictions. He wont get carried away though I wouldnt mind that myself. I dont see very much emotion in this guy yet and I hope it is just that he is holding back until the team is ready to play.

The one thing that I caught that I loved hearing is that he believes an Offense should be as physical as a defense and that both sides of the ball should wear down a team.

IMO...this was a big problem on offense last year. We just were not confident, physical, aggressive, and a hit em in the face type offense and I think MM will bring that to the table.

I become more excited about this change more and more every day!

GO BILLS 04 !!!!!!!!

The_Philster
01-17-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
One other thing I keep noticing about MM is that he is very careful not to make predictions. GO BILLS 04 !!!!!!!!

That right there is a big improvement over GW. He came in maiing all these grand predictions and the only one he delivered on was getting ranked higher in defense...from #3 the year before he took over to #2 in 2003..I don't know if I'd call that delivering though as the defensive play was spotty and lacked big plays. And considering it took 3 years to do it...it's another knock on him. The NFL means Not For Long if you can't do it all quickly.

Dozerdog
01-17-2004, 10:27 AM
Just saw it again- the Spikes footage with him Miked up on the field was pretty entertaining

saviorbledsoe
01-17-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Just saw it again- the Spikes footage with him Miked up on the field was pretty entertaining

Yeah....all against Miami...lol

Jeff1220
01-17-2004, 12:17 PM
I saw it and, for the most part, I really like the NFL network. They do repeat a lot of stuff, but the channels only been airing for a few months. They have to build their programming.

As far as the interview goes, I found it quite bizarre. It seemed like I was intruding on a player and coach's first meeting. That, imo, is something that should take place in private, without the worry of the public caring what is said (they can be truer to each other).
MM is still getting his sea legs as far as the media is concerned. He is nervous, but he's not saying anything really stupid either. Once he gets used to the lights and cameras, he'll be fine. So far, I've really liked what he's had to say. He seems to take the K.I.S.S. method to coaching, which is a breath of fresh air after Gilbride and GW. Simplifying things almost seems like too simple of a solution, but I think it'll work. I can't wait to see a physical, smash-mouth offense. It'll be exciting to see Travis (and Willis) utilized correctly.

Dozerdog
01-17-2004, 12:53 PM
I love the NFL channel-

repeating the programming 5 times a day is actally somewhat helpful- you can catch up on what's up at any time.

JJamezz
01-17-2004, 01:14 PM
I don't get it either Demon... :sadwalk:

One of the most interesting things TD said in the press conference, is right on par with the toughness you mention above. He came right out and said while he thought the team was physically tough last year, they did not have the mental toughness you need to succeed in the league. (or LIG as TD pronouces it.. :D )

Michael82
01-17-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I love the NFL channel-

repeating the programming 5 times a day is actally somewhat helpful- you can catch up on what's up at any time.

EXACTLY! I watch the replay of the shows from the night before, when I am at work, the next morning. It's great! :up:

JJamezz
01-17-2004, 04:25 PM
Holy crap! I do get it! They must give it to people with Sunday Ticket - which they should, I just didn't think they would.

What was the name of the show you're talking about, maybe I can still catch it.

Michael82
01-17-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by JJamezz
Holy crap! I do get it! They must give it to people with Sunday Ticket - which they should, I just didn't think they would.

What was the name of the show you're talking about, maybe I can still catch it.

No, it's a basic channel for anyone with DirectTV.

Channel 212. :D

JJamezz
01-17-2004, 04:49 PM
No Mike, I don't have any basic programming - I only subscribe to Sunday Ticket, nothing else.