PDA

View Full Version : Going to my first Amerks game!

yle
01-17-2004, 03:32 PM
I have gone to a bunch of Sabres game, but tonight I'm going to see the Amerks! For Christmas my wife got us seats right behind the glass, and I can't wait!

:cp:

SabreEleven
01-17-2004, 04:24 PM
Good luck

OpIv37
01-17-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by yledust
I have gone to a bunch of Sabres game, but tonight I'm going to see the Amerks! For Christmas my wife got us seats right behind the glass, and I can't wait!

:cp:

I haven't been to one in years but they were always fun. The crowd's not as into it as they are at Sabres or Bills games, but you're much closer to the action and it's still entertaining.

alyson
01-17-2004, 11:01 PM
I hope you had fun! I went to many Amerks games when I lived at home, I always loved it. It was great to go when Rory Fitzpatrick was playing; people were yelling at him like he was their son. It's great to see a local boy play. :)
Did they win?
Hey, OpIv37, we're near each other!

yle
01-17-2004, 11:43 PM
They won 6-2. There were a few good fights, and I even heard an interesting heckler yelling at Villequette (the Toronto goalie). During the one intermission he held up his cell phone and yelled "Hey Villequette, it's your boyfriend. Should I tell him you'll call him back?" Interesting perspective being right behind the glass.

I also Tivo'ed the game, so we could see if we were shown on TV. Turns out we were several times. :hump:

I had a great time!

alyson
01-18-2004, 04:25 PM
Good, you saw them win! There are definitely some interesting characters at those Amerks games, aren't there? Is the guy still there that yells "HOCKEY! HOCKEY! HOCKEY!"? I think he does it at the beginning of each period. And there was also this huge guy that used to dance to "Tequila" towards the end of the game. It was SO funny.
I hope to go see the Sabres play the Caps in March (in DC). I scream like a maniac when I'm there, I love it.

fushetti
01-20-2004, 05:17 PM
i'm going to see the Amerks play here in Albany next Saturday. The River Rats sucks just as bad, so hopefully their will be some fights.