PDA

View Full Version : ..what's worse..?

JefftheBillsfan
01-17-2004, 08:23 PM
The Bills losing 4 straight Super Bowls?
..or..
The Eagles losing 3 straight NFC champ. games if they lose again this year?

I don't theres a question about it. Still, Eagles fans wont get picked on nearly as much even to know it would be worse IMO.

juice
01-17-2004, 08:33 PM
Bills Super Bowls!!

ArcticWildMan
01-17-2004, 08:36 PM
Sadly, we win that prize :(

Cntrygal
01-17-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Sadly, we win that prize :(

Sadly, we probably will always hold that prize. :(

Michael82
01-17-2004, 09:04 PM
What if the Eagles go to two more in a row and lose them too? Then what's worse? 5 NFC Championships in a row or 4 Super Bowls?

juice
01-17-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
What if the Eagles go to two more in a row and lose them too? Then what's worse? 5 NFC Championships in a row or 4 Super Bowls?

Second place in the NFC isn't the same as Super Bowl Loser.

Michael82
01-17-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by juice
Second place in the NFC isn't the same as Super Bowl Loser.

true. But where does it end? let's say for some reason, the Eagles keep this up and lose 10 NFC Championships in a row. IMO, that is worse.

Cntrygal
01-17-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
true. But where does it end? let's say for some reason, the Eagles keep this up and lose 10 NFC Championships in a row. IMO, that is worse.

and who remembers that pain???...... noone but Eagle fans and rabid rival fans. Everyone, to include non football fans, laugh at us. :(

"The Big Dance" is much more important...........

saviorbledsoe
01-17-2004, 11:44 PM
I heard on PTI the other day that some are considering the Eagles as the J.V. version of the Buffalo Bills if they lose this game....I thought it was pretty funny...but sad ....lol.

helmetguy
01-18-2004, 12:11 PM
It's one thing to not "win the big one." What is really bad is when you can't win the "next to the big one;" especially in your own yard! Just ask Bill Cowher (although his failures aren't consecutive).

AG75
01-18-2004, 01:56 PM
Here is my take. It depends on who your asking. What would be more painful to the teams fans? The Buffalo fans would feel the worst pain about losing four bowls than divisional title games, while im sure that is frustrating for Philly.

As far as what the teams achieved, than I think Buffalo wins this one, and will be the most remembered team because they were so great, while in 10, 15 yrs when the subject of great NFL teams comes up, im not sure we will see the 2001, 2002, 2003 Eagles on this list while the Bills will be, regardless of the 4 sb losses. I know the Bills are still laughed at by some, but the jokes were a lot more intense right after we lost our 4th and now they seem to get more praise for what they accomplished back then instead of jokes. The only time I really see jokes about it are when we are dealing with trolls from teams we are about to play.

JefftheBillsfan
01-18-2004, 05:53 PM
i agree with helmet guy..and i do like the panthers to win today.

BillyT92679
01-18-2004, 06:22 PM
I think the consecutive losses in the NFC Title game is worse. At least the Bills won a CHAMPIONSHIP; they have hardware. The Eagles, if they lose this game, will have none. And losing two in a row AT HOME? Inexcusable. I would much rather have the Bills go to four SB's and lose than have them constantly lose in the Championship game. I think most Eagles fans will feel the same way.

OpIv37
01-18-2004, 08:53 PM
The thing is- we're the only ones who have ever lost 4 straight SB's. Other teams have lost 3 straight championships- it happened to the Raiders TWICE (late sixties and mid-seventies).

So, as long as we're the exclusive title holder for SB impotence, it has to be worse.

Turf
01-18-2004, 08:57 PM
What's even worse is since, expansion teams like Baltimore won, Carolina is in, St Louis won, NE won, Tampa Bay won for Christ sakes.
NE fans should love us, cause we are the BOSOX of the NFL.

MTBillsFan
01-18-2004, 10:07 PM
the eagles losing 3 straight...at least we made it to the super bowl 4 straight times...there is a dang good chance that no team will ever do that again!

Turf
01-18-2004, 10:08 PM
Norwood anyone want to, no pun intended.

HenryRules
01-19-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
Norwood anyone want to, no pun intended.

i'm pretty sure when you change the spelling that the pun is intended

Jan Reimers
01-19-2004, 07:27 AM
Why is losing 4 straight Super Bowls always viewed as such a negative? We were AFC Champions 4 consecutive years, and rose from adversity and disappointment year after year to challenge for the big one.

The fete of playing in 4 consecutive Super Bowls is an accomplishment that very well may never happen again.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-19-2004, 07:29 AM
Hmmm,
The Bills were the better team in one of the Bowls, Philadelphia hasn't been the better team in any of the championships.

Jeff1220
01-19-2004, 01:28 PM
Tampa Bay is the only 70s expansion team who's won it (they came in at the same time as Seattle) and Carolina is the only recent expansion team who's made it. Baltimore is/was the old Browns. They didn't build from scratch in Bawlamer. Same with St. Louis in LA.

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2004, 01:31 PM
I origianally was saying to one of my buddies that losing 4 sbs was worse. He then said but yeah we wouldn't have had so much fun watching the championship games and being excited for the SB's. I say it is worse to not even make it.

Ð
01-19-2004, 01:45 PM
Baltimore & St. Louis weren't expansion teams, they were moved teams.

elltrain22
01-19-2004, 09:18 PM
How could it be Buffalo when we actually went to the Super Bowl? Phily has gone to the NFC championship game 3 strait yrs and lost everytime, and the last 2 yrs in there own stadium. I recognize that 4 super bowl losses in a row is bad, but this PHily team did not even sniff the super bowl, so how could it be anyone else???

The_Philster
01-20-2004, 04:41 AM
Only people who don't understand football and fail to realize how hard it is to get there really think that it's worse to win 4 AFC Championships in a row.