PDA

View Full Version : Roby is on a roll

SabreEleven
01-17-2004, 09:16 PM
Turn on Hockey Hotline. Roby is in form. Boy, is he mad...and he should be.

The Spaz
01-17-2004, 09:19 PM
This team is terrible especially on defense there as soft as Charmin "Triple Ply".:mad:

SabreEleven
01-17-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
This team is terrible especially on defense there as soft as Charmin "Triple Ply".:mad:

Triple Ply? you are giving them a lot of credit.

hurls
01-17-2004, 10:35 PM
I am really sick of the defense not taking the man. Tallinder is a big guy, and all he does is stick check. I see guys go right by him. Take the man to the boards!! And not into the boards, THROUGH the boards. We need a physical D man NOW!!!

Turf
01-17-2004, 10:39 PM
I've been saying we need a 1 or 2 physical D-men for ages now. Regier likes the "soft" type.

SabreEleven
01-17-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
I've been saying we need a 1 or 2 physical D-men for ages now. Regier likes the "soft" type.

We need a little bit of everything. or a lot of everything.

SkateZilla
01-18-2004, 02:51 AM
we need a new coach

hurls
01-18-2004, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter

I flipped between the Leafs and Sabres games. I watched McCabe flatten numerous players, Marchment hitting as usual, even the rookie Hedin hitting people, and they were missing the punishing Belak. Our "D" is less than soft, it's Charmin toilet paper. Don't squeeze them, they'll be hurt.

SabreEleven
01-18-2004, 10:08 AM
I was flipping between games also. Is was similar because the Leafs and Sabres oppenents had 4 goals. Sabres had 1 goal, Leafs 0. That is where it ended. The Leafs played like they were pissed because they were losing. The Sabres were glad to turn it into an ice capade. Skate around, don't hurt anybody. The game will last only a period and half later and we can get out of here. Payday will be coming up, soon.

yle
01-18-2004, 10:57 AM
This makes me happy I went to see the Amerks instead of watching the Sabres game. Much more entertaining game!

pyrrhonist
01-18-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by slruh
I flipped between the Leafs and Sabres games. I watched McCabe flatten numerous players, Marchment hitting as usual, even the rookie Hedin hitting people, and they were missing the punishing Belak. Our "D" is less than soft, it's Charmin toilet paper. Don't squeeze them, they'll be hurt.

And somehow, those same Leafs got toasted, 4-0. :injured:

But I do see your point, our defense is atrocious.

SabreEleven
01-18-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by pyrrhonist
And somehow, those same Leafs got toasted, 4-0. :injured:

But I do see your point, our defense is atrocious.

But at least they cared that they were losing, even though it didn't show up on the score board, Just like Isles 4 Sabres 2, looked like a close game unless you watched it.

pyrrhonist
01-19-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Sabre11
But at least they cared that they were losing, even though it didn't show up on the score board, Just like Isles 4 Sabres 2, looked like a close game unless you watched it.

The Leafs have to care---Their rabid fanbase demands it. Ours, on the other hand, has become accustomed to losing, just like the players.

And I agree with you on the comment about the last game.....the fact we even got the 2nd goal does little for the overall game. We got our asses kicked.