• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsNYC
    Man of the People
    • Jul 2002

why so negative?

i haven't been posting much the last few months because i've been busy with work. yesterday i posted a couple times and noticed that many posters here are extrememly negative towards the bills. whats the deal? you seam more like bills haters than supporters. its one thing to critizise...but its another to just post nothing but the negatives and fail to recognize the positves as well. for the first time i didn't enjoy posting on the site yesterday cuz it was like arguing with a bunch of non bills fans. its like some of you forgot that this is a sport...its supposed to be fun! i feel like i'm talking to a bunch of jets fans...if i wanted to do that i'd just start a conversation at a bar here. lighten up! go bills!!!
    Thank you.
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

I agree. It's particularly less than fun when you have people that are on a crusade against a particular player, coach, scheme, etc. Just make your stinking point and move on. Don't create 10 separate threads beating down the same point (e.g. Travis Henry).

The worst thing is that it comes from just a few posters. Seems like a lot but most posters are reasonable.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

I LOVE THE BILLS!!!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
        • Jul 2002

ME TOO!!!!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

I live and die with the red, white, and blue. I have since my Dad used to take me to the rockpile.

I agree whole heartedly. They were going in for the go ahead score against one of the best teams in the league with 8 minutes to go. Had em on the ropes.

Finally I feel I am getting my $$ worth on DirecTV.

Comment

• JayWood
            The Professor
            • Jul 2002

I Bleed RED and BLUE!!!
            When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on tight!!!

Comment

• BillsNYC
              Man of the People
              • Jul 2002

i'm not trying to attack anybody...its just that the mood was so depressing on this board yesterday!
              Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by BillsNYC
                i'm not trying to attack anybody...its just that the mood was so depressing on this board yesterday!
                Paxil, Zoloft, and Prozac for everyone...chase it with some Lithium and we'll all be good to go.

Comment

• BigDoug
                  1-800-SAD-GOAT
                  • Jul 2002

Uhhh, if we take Wys's 10 worst/best posts out of the average would that affect your opinion?

Comment

• BillsNYC
                    Man of the People
                    • Jul 2002

it would affect it...but it wasn't one person...it was the whole mood i was talking about....we're mid season! we should be fired up!
                    Thank you.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                      • Jul 2002

Well, I'm certain that I'm one of those to whom this thread is directed. Let me assure you, I'm a HUGE BILLS fan.

Why am I being hard on them? I'll tell ya!

We have REGRESSED since last year. That means we GOTTEN WORSE!!!

Doesn't that concern you NYC?!? It most certainly does me. We were supposed to have improved. I could just bury my head in the sand like some others and talk about how Henry will come around in '04 or how we need to give our defensive players a few seasons to develop.

Have you read the post I made about how far we've slipped in our defensive categories and how many more yards we're allowing this year? If this keeps the trend, next season we'll really be bad.

But there are legitimate questions that should be asked! Chiefly, and you and the rest of the fans should be wanting answers too, "Why?"

Here's the C&P from that post:

Last Year
                      Yardage D: 21st
                      Scoring D: 29th
                      Passing D: 13th

Rushing O: 22nd

This Year
                      Yardage D: 25th and giving up 28 more YPG on average
                      Scoring D: 32nd, dead last and giving up almost 10 PPG more
                      Passing D: 21st and giving up 32 YPG more than last year

Rushing O: 27th, averaging 26 YPG less than last year

So perhaps the question you ought to be asking yourself and entitling this thread, is "Why so Positive?"

Why? Are you that excited to have slipped so drastically on D from last year's debacle of a season to this one? I'm HIGHLY concerned and would like some answers. I screamed that if we didn't get a DT we would pay the price. Apparently I was dead on with that one, eh! Meanwhile, TD and GW assured us that we'd be fine in their new 46 w/ what we had!

Were they lying? Don't they know what they're talking about? B/c they're wrong. If this keeps up, we'll win 5 games again. That's what we're on pace for!!!

Are we supposed to be jumping through rings and hoops just b/c we get a passing clinic on Sunday's? I'm not happy unless we win! Winning we are not, and certainly not in convincing fashion when we do. We are DEAD LAST in points allowed in the LEAGUE, by almost 10 PPG over last season.

WHY?

Sorry! We should not be getting worse. We should be getting better. The only area in which we've improved has been passing, and IMO Ds are starting to figure out how to reduce the effectiveness of that too as we will now start seeing more and more pressure on Drew each week from opposing DLs. All it may take is 1 INT for a score or to set one up and that may pretty much negate any competitive advantage that we have.

But to address the topic of this thread, "why so negative?"

My reply: Why so positive?

Is this supposed to be a Sunday anesthetic that we get that puts us into an early week stupor as we get to watch Drew toss for over 400 yards each week and watch some good catching by our WRs? Or is it something else that's supposed to make us happy?

I think it's the latter.

Cordially
                      Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                        • Jul 2002

P.S. I LOVE watching the games, will be going to Miami in 10 days to see the Bills there as well as going to the N.E. game and possibly the Miami game. I enjoy the games. But the trend of this team is disturbing. One pass-happy O.C. and a QB who's brought his career to another level are not enough for me to ignore all the other stuff that clearly isn't right.
                        Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

How can we have regressed when we're going to match our total number of wins last season by the 6th game of this season?

I'll bet dollars to donuts we have at least 5 more wins this year then last when all is said and done. I don't know about anyone else, but I measure progress by wins and losses.

Comment

• BillsNYC
                            Man of the People
                            • Jul 2002

why so positive? cuz i'm having fun watching the games for the first time in 5 years! theres no controversy (rj, flutie), and we have a chance to win every game we play.....THAT is why i am positive....i've had enough of the BS since kelly left...we're finnally at the point where we can talk football...and chear for it! its like being back in the kelly years again! i don't even want to acknowledge the last 5 years!
                            Thank you.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NoCtUrNaL
                              I don't know about anyone else, but I measure progress by wins and losses.

DING DING DING

Plus it's only been 5 weeks. we can't compare last season's stats with only 5 weeks from this year. Let's let this thing play out. What good is *****ing about it going to do. We're going to Kill Houston, NO IF's AND's OR BUT's. The O will look great, again, the D will look very good. and we will win by at least 20. 3-3 going into Miami with first place on the line (after they lose to Denver this week). I'm pumped. we'll get Oakland again, in January.

Go Bills.
                              Resign our own guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X