X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hemi13
    • Jan 2004

STOP THE TALK, Bledsoe is staying

No matter what anyone says, our Bills can not and will not start rebuilding a team that is only a few players away from the playoffs and maybe even the superbowl. Drew has a ton of football left in him. All quartbacks go through a down period. MM and TC were brought in to revive Drews career. So it would make more sense to keep Drew than trade him. Not to mention, I don't want to go buy another jersey.

Ralph wants to keep Drew too. :pimp:
    Last edited by hemi13; 01-18-2004, 08:17 AM.
    Bills Backers of Tucson
  • DB1111
    • Dec 2002

WELL SAID!! Let's PLEASE move on to the next topic...

Such as....Free agents,Draft Etc.Etc........

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Jul 2003

Hells Yeah!!!!!!!!

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by hemi13
        No matter what anyone says, our Bills can not and will not start rebuilding a team that is only a few players away from the playoffs and maybe even the superbowl. Drew has a ton of football left in him. All quartbacks go through a down period. MM and TC were brought in to revive Drews career. So it would make more sense to keep Drew than trade him. Not to mention, I don't want to go buy another jersey.

Ralph wants to keep Drew too. :pimp:
        I like buying Authentics, I have a Bledsoe Bills Pro Bowl, almost seems like a throwback.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Alluro
          You Don't Stand a Chance !
          • Jul 2002

hope springs eternal in the offseason, you gotta love it....My only reservation with Drew is that he plays his worst when the games mean the most. He may be able to take us to the playoffs, in fact i'm almost expecting it this year, but I have no faith whatsoever that bledsoe can lead us to 3 or 4 wins once we get there. In at least ONE of those games, he will play so poorly that we cannot win. Statistically, he has yet to play ONE impressive game in the postseason tournament.

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Alluro
            Statistically, he has yet to play ONE impressive game in the postseason tournament.
            Pittsburgh game as a Patriot the Superbowl winning year??????

Comment

• Alluro
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by saviorbledsoe

Pittsburgh game as a Patriot the Superbowl winning year??????
              10 for 21 (48%), 102yds and 1 TD that was setup on a short field by brady. By all rights, they should have lost that game as bledsoe threw the ball right into a steelers defenders hand with 3 minutes remaining that would have been run back for a TD if the player had actually caught it...but that play aside, statistically, the game wasn't that impressive as a i said before.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Drew is not yet 32, knows our players, and has had success in this league. MM and Clements have a history of turning QBs around. We would be crazy not to give him at least 1 year under the new regime.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

10 for 21 (48%), 102yds and 1 TD that was setup on a short field by brady. By all rights, they should have lost that game as bledsoe threw the ball right into a steelers defenders hand with 3 minutes remaining that would have been run back for a TD if the player had actually caught it...but that play aside, statistically, the game wasn't that impressive as a i said before.
                  when you're right, you're right. sorry drew supporters.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• helmetguy
                    Touch the helmet for luck
                    • Sep 2002

I could give a crap if he doesn't do "statistically well" in any game...as long as we win. He can't "win it all" alone, as no QB ever could; nor ever will, for that matter. By the same token, any HC or OC who even leaves it all to the QB to do it all ought to be punched, Buddy Ryan style. Sure, Bledso had a crappy year. At the same time, Travis Henry was denied the opportunity to have a season for the ages. Why? Predictable play calling, failure of the OC to use the tools available to him, and an O-line that often looked like seven blocks of Silly Putty.

None of this is to let Bledsoe completely off the hook. Yeah, he did hold the ball too long at times, he is immoble,, and probably didn't understand the offensive scheme as well as could have been expected. The fact that the offense couldn't score a TD in some seven games DOES indicate the offensive problems were, by far, more a systemic problem than just one guy's inability to single-handedly win games in the consummate team sport.

Amid the complaints about Bledsoe are those concerning the size of his contract. Rest assured, that question will be addressed in the coming months, as TD and MM prepare for the upcoming FA period and the draft. Bledsoe, unlike many high profile players around the league, isn't so self possessed that he'd reject-or feel slighted about-restructuring his contract. He's a class act, right down the line. He'll work with the organization in hopes of doing what's best to enhance the team's chances of going all the way. The organization seems committed to doing that as well. To think otherwise is simply absurd.
                    Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                    And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Alluro
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by helmetguy
                      I could give a crap if he doesn't do "statistically well" in any game...as long as we win. He can't "win it all" alone, as no QB ever could; nor ever will, for that matter. By the same token, any HC or OC who even leaves it all to the QB to do it all ought to be punched, Buddy Ryan style. Sure, Bledso had a crappy year. At the same time, Travis Henry was denied the opportunity to have a season for the ages. Why? Predictable play calling, failure of the OC to use the tools available to him, and an O-line that often looked like seven blocks of Silly Putty.

It's not that Bledsoe had a down year, as he clearly did, there's no debating that. It's that for half of the guys career he's been having a down year(93, 95, 99, 00, 03..and arguably 94 and 98). ...I can understand a down season, but his career qb rating is 76.7. In simple terms, he just a vastly overrated commodity, and one who will not lead us to a superbowl win. He's never played a good postseason game, he's just one one of those guys that buckles under pressure

BTW, with a losing career record, I doubt we will just "win" with bledsoe..not win big anyway

Comment

• Morgoth
                        Can you blow me where the pampers is?
                        • Jun 2003

I will not rest assured that the coaches can turn him around. Do I think every mistake he made was his fault, no. But he is the one who fumbled the ball away far more consistently than he threw completions. It got to the point when I could call that a turnover was coming and that was usually when the game was on the line. You're right that a QB can't single-handedly win or lose a game but their play can sure go a long way in that decision.
                        Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

hope springs eternal in the offseason, you gotta love it....My only reservation with Drew is that he plays his worst when the games mean the most. He may be able to take us to the playoffs, in fact i'm almost expecting it this year, but I have no faith whatsoever that bledsoe can lead us to 3 or 4 wins once we get there. In at least ONE of those games, he will play so poorly that we cannot win. Statistically, he has yet to play ONE impressive game in the postseason tournament.
                          it stings to hear it, but it is so true.. the guy is not a winner and has never won against tough competition when anything was on the line.. and i dare anyone to show me otherwise..

that is the ONE game that bledsoe supporters point to when trying to show his playoff value.. it is almost like they didnt even watch the game and how bad he really was..

drews a real nice guy.. but we will never ever ever win a superbowl with him under center. i just hope that when we draft someone like philip rivers, that drew doesnt try to show him too much, and screw him up to.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

I may sound cynical, but I expect he'll fall apart no matter how much less $ he's earning. He's set in his ways, and IMO no coach can change that.
                            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Jul 2003

Well, then we should all pack it in for next year.....there can be no Superbowl win next year with Drew as QB....now I wont have to buy any tickets or pay for NFL Sunday Ticket....I will see you all in 2005!

Comment

Working...
                              X