PDA

View Full Version : See what happens to PM.

zone
01-18-2004, 03:08 PM
I love how everyone is so high and mighty on Payton and says how Drew sucks. Look at payton manning when his line can't block and his recievers don't get open. Looks pretty familar to me. It takes every man on the field playing togather, not just the QB.

shelby
01-18-2004, 03:09 PM
That is a very valid point, zone!
:up:

zone
01-18-2004, 03:13 PM
people around here can never see that though.

The_Philster
01-18-2004, 03:16 PM
That's because some people fail to be able to see beyond the QB

Drewpac
01-18-2004, 03:18 PM
This is a stupid argument. Weren't the Colts 12-4 this season? What was the Bills' record this season? Also, you might want to save this comment until after the game. It's quite possible that Manning still leads them back to a victory.

zone
01-18-2004, 03:25 PM
it has nothing to do with that, it has to do with the fact that it's not just mannings fault. That is the point. It takes a team effort to fail. Just as in does in buffalo. PM's line is blocking like **** his recievers are not geting open, and it's not PM fault....

My point is that everyone will be able to see that. When it happens to us though the blame goes soley on the QB.

BillsMan80
01-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Well, it just happens that a majority of the time, this year, it was mainly Bledsoe's fault. Not totally, but the lions share of the blame should have fallen on Bledsoe this year. There were times this year where Bledsoe received ample time, and receivers got open and he just stunk. Take the Dallas game for example. If anyone other than Bledsoe was our QB that game, we win.

zone
01-18-2004, 03:37 PM
I disagree. I did not find a time all year were drew got time and recievers got open in the same game. Lets face it Bobby Shaw has not speed or seperation what so every. Josh reed played "shacky" at best this year. Moulds might as well have had a broken leg. We struggled all year getting open.

Don't get me wrong drew had a very below average year, but you can't place all the blame of a failed season on the qb. Expecially when we had a OC that should have been out of this league 4 years ago.

BillsMan80
01-18-2004, 03:45 PM
I didn't place all of the blame on him, but I said he deserves most of the blame. There definately games where Drew had time and receivers got open. It's your blind faith that Bledsoe is the answer that tells you that. I saw almost every game this year, and Bledsoe got time in games. Maybe it seems like he didn't get time to you because he holds onto the ball for so damn long. Bledsoe was awful most of this year. He deserves at least 75% or so of the blame for this year.

zone
01-18-2004, 03:48 PM
If you honestly believe that 1 player on a NFL team deserves 75% of the blame for an entire season. Then I guess we will have to agree to disagree...lol

BillsMan80
01-18-2004, 03:50 PM
I think he can be a decent player, but he needs to play better. We can give him support, but he must play better than this year. One thing I'll say is that the fumbles are his fault because he should be able to hold onto the football.

juice
01-18-2004, 04:22 PM
A defense playing with playoff intensity.

helmetguy
01-18-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
That's because some people fail to be able to see beyond the QB

Yeah. Their WR's can earn fantasy league points without an all-universe QB. Anything less and that QB "sucks."

BillsFever
01-18-2004, 05:50 PM
How many type of threads do we need like this?

Whenever a good QB happens to have a bad game some Drew homer post a thread like this. It doesn't matter if Drew had 5 bad games in a row and that other QB had 5 good games in a row.

Alluro
01-18-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever
How many type of threads do we need like this?

Whenever a good QB happens to have a bad game some Drew homer post a thread like this. It doesn't matter if Drew had 5 bad games in a row and that other QB had 5 good games in a row.

classic !

zone
01-18-2004, 06:00 PM
Yup but we can never have to many like this!

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37026