Bledsoe bashers never answer this question !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmax
    • Aug 2003

Bledsoe bashers never answer this question !!!

If not drew then who ?

You guys all say the same thing .. And alot of it is true he takes too many sacks yep ! He turnsover the ball too much yep !!!

But what is the the alternative... Van pelt... Yikes !!!! No !!!

Travis Brown >>>>Hide the women and children ........

oK what about a rookie rivers , pickett, Henson .. ? So you want to be 6-10 again ....Rookies take time to develope unless they are dan marino.....

So who ?MARK BRUNNELL he is older than bledsoe.... !!! and injury prone ....Plus we can afford to cut a vet then sign a old vet for the same amount of money ?

So tell who ? kurt warner ? The last i knew the rams where keeping him .. especially after bulger folded in the playoffs...

Ok i'm all ears so tell who should we get that will be better ? who

Ah the sound of silence .. I knew a question bashers can't really answer ?

I GUESS THEY KNEW WILL !!!!

BMAX..
  • zone
    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
    • Oct 2003

I've been saying the same thing... the problem around here is that loosing sucks, we were used to winning for so long that once we don't it's the qb's fault, but you know what people use to balme any loss on kelly too, drew broke all of kelly's #'s his first year here.

They need someone to blame and the media tells them it's the QB so that's all they know.

Drew did not have the best year, but look at what they did to his offense in the off season.
    www.blzbus.com

Comment

• HenryRules
      • Jul 2002

Can we please put these Bledsoe threads to rest??

It's been done.

I think most members of the board were sick and tired of these Bledsoe sucks/Bledose doesn't suck threads by the end of training camp this year.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HenryRules
        Can we please put these Bledsoe threads to rest??

It's been done.

I think most members of the board were sick and tired of these Bledsoe sucks/Bledose doesn't suck threads by the end of training camp this year.
        Agreed..and once one side finally shuts up, the other side starts up again. Maybe I need to put the rant back up in my sig
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Alluro
          You Don't Stand a Chance !
          • Jul 2002

Re: Bledsoe bashers never answer this question !!!

Originally posted by Bmax
          If not drew then who ?

oK what about a rookie rivers , pickett, Henson .. ? So you want to be 6-10 again ....Rookies take time to develope unless thery are dan marino.....

We were 6-10 with an experienced QB like bledsoe. If you accept the premise that we are not going to win a superbowl with bledsoe then wouldn't it be better to invest a year in the rookie? if we go 8-8 with bledsoe or 6-10 with a rookie, we are in the same boat...out of the playoffs, and rebuilding again. The point is that bledsoe played about as well as a rookie when he was in there so we might as well get someone in there with upside to build around....

You approach bledsoe as if it's still possible to win with him. I say there is no difference between the production we get from a rookie compared to drew, so we might as well go with the younger, cheaper, more talented alternative to drew. The bills can cut drew with no penalty before june. If they keep him, they will be stuck paying him 13 million this year, and then an obscene annual salary from that point on. Keeping Drew around just sets back our rebuilding effort

Comment

• Bmax
            • Aug 2003

Mcnally will make a difference ..WE have n't had a good line coach in years...

BMAX

Comment

• BillsFever
              Mr. Predictament
              • Feb 2003

oK what about a rookie rivers , pickett, Henson .. ? So you want to be 6-10 again ....Rookies take time to develope unless they are dan marino.....

So who ?MARK BRUNNELL he is older than bledsoe.... !!! and injury prone ....Plus we can afford to cut a vet then sign a old vet for the same amount of money ?

We haven't had a winning season with Bledsoe yet so what is the difference?

We could've drafted someone like Patrick Ramsey two years ago. He was better then Bledsoe this year and plus his learning curve would've been over. But instead we had to give up a 1st round pick to our divisional rival for someone they didn't want anyway.

Mark Brunell wouldn't cost nearly as much as Bledsoe. Bledsoe will cost us about 19 million dollars over the next 2 years.

We need to dump Drew and find a cheap replacement for next year while the rookie sits and learns.

Drew Bledsoe had 11 TD's and 24 TO's last year. Any QB can give us that.

Drew Bledsoe isn't worth the money he will make the next couple years. It's a shame we have to be stuck with it.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever
                We haven't had a winning season with Bledsoe yet so what is the difference?

We could've drafted someone like Patrick Ramsey two years ago. He was better then Bledsoe this year and plus his learning curve would've been over. But instead we had to give up a 1st round pick to our divisional rival for someone they didn't want anyway.

Mark Brunell wouldn't cost nearly as much as Bledsoe. Bledsoe will cost us about 19 million dollars over the next 2 years.

We need to dump Drew and find a cheap replacement for next year while the rookie sits and learns.

Drew Bledsoe had 11 TD's and 24 TO's last year. Any QB can give us that.

Drew Bledsoe isn't worth the money he will make the next couple years. It's a shame we have to be stuck with it.

You would have drafted him with the #4 pick?

Now THAT"S HINDSIGHT!

Drew will cost less thsan what you project- there will be a renegotiation. Brunell will cost more than what people think- plenty of cap money out there and a shortage of QB's

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

We could've drafted someone like Patrick Ramsey two years ago. He was better then Bledsoe this year and plus his learning curve would've been over.
                  I think very few people saw Patrick Ramsey as worth the #4 overall draft pick. And he was snatched at pick #32...4 slots ahead of us.
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Alluro
                    • Jul 2002

Mcnally will make a difference ..WE have n't had a good line coach in years...

BMAX
                    The line is fine...Bledsoe makes it look far worse than it is. Remember when rob johnson was getting sacked at an alarming rate similar to bledsoe and then flutie came in and barely got touched. Bledsoe's SEVERE lack of mobility makes the line look awful. I don't know how many attempts I'd see drew get 5 or 6 seconds to throw and yet HE'D STILL THROW IT ABOVE OR BEHIND his receiver. The problem is not the line, the coaching, the WRs, or any other excuse drew supporters can think of...the problem is drew. Bledsoe led Bill Belichick off to a 5-13 record and now look at him. Since Bledsoe's demise, all of a sudden BB is a genius in NE. How does he go from God Awful to a superbowl winning caliber coach in the same season (2001)? Bledsoe goes out with an injury and the rest is history
                    Last edited by Alluro; 01-18-2004, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• BillsFever
                      Mr. Predictament
                      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                      You would have drafted him with the #4 pick?

Now THAT"S HINDSIGHT!
                      Are you serious? We could've moved up in the 1st round from our second rounder. I'm sorry you are blind to Bledsoe but you don't need to show me that kind of disrespect.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Are you serious? We could've moved up in the 1st round from our second rounder. I'm sorry you are blind to Bledsoe but you don't need to show my the disrespect.
                        I was hoping we'd pick up Ramsey but thought he would be available at pick #36
                        Originally posted by Alluro
                        The line is fine...Bledsoe makes it look far worse than it is. Remember when rob johnson was getting sacked at an alarming rate similar to bledsoe and then flutie came in and barely got touched. Bledsoe's SEVERE lack of mobility makes the line look awful. I don't how many attempts I'd see drew get 5 or 6 seconds to throw and yet HE'D STILL THROW IT ABOVE OR BEHIND his receiver. The problem is not the line, the coaching, the WRs, or any other excuse drew supporters can think of...the problem is drew. Bledsoe led Bill Belichick off to a 5-13 record and now look at him. Since Bledsoe's demise, all of a sudden BB is a genius in NE. How does he go from God Awful to a superbowl winning caliber team in the same season (2001)? Bledsoe goes out with an injury and the rest is history

Comment

• Bmax
                          • Aug 2003

First off this is my one and only time posting about the bledsoe situation....Alluro who says we are rebuilding ? Not me!!!!

The raiders are rebuilding !!! The bills are not .. With one of the younger teams in the nfl we are finally making our climb toward the playoffs.. Retooling yes rebuilding no !!!!

With our young talented def. and strong rb we are capeable of making a [playoff run next season .. In the nfl any team except the cards are capeable of making the playoffs with a few right moves and good play...

Remember if drew can become the dont' lose the game qb we have a shot if not then bring on Josh harris or jp losman i don't care for clausen or navarre...

Go Bills Bmax

Comment

• BillsFever
                            Mr. Predictament
                            • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Alluro
                            The line is fine...Bledsoe makes it look far worse than it is. Remember when rob johnson was getting sacked at an alarming rate similar to bledsoe and then flutie came in and barely got touched. Bledsoe's SEVERE lack of mobility makes the line look awful. I don't how many attempts I'd see drew get 5 or 6 seconds to throw and yet HE'D STILL THROW IT ABOVE OR BEHIND his receiver. The problem is not the line, the coaching, the WRs, or any other excuse drew supporters can think of...the problem is drew. Bledsoe led Bill Belichick off to a 5-13 record and now look at him. Since Bledsoe's demise, all of a sudden BB is a genius in NE. How does he go from God Awful to a superbowl winning caliber team in the same season (2001)? Bledsoe goes out with an injury and the rest is history

Great post.

If Drew was still in New England they would be sitting home with us for the playoffs, and everyone would've been talking about the new OL, WR's, and OC they need to find next year.

New England fans debated this same crap for about 5 years. It took Tom Brady to finally end the madness.

Comment

• Alluro
                              • Jul 2002

Remember if drew can become the dont' lose the game qb we have a shot if not then bring on Josh harris or jp losman i don't care for clausen or navarre...

Go Bills Bmax
                              THAT'S JUST IT ! YOU'VE HIT ON IT! SADLY, BLEDSOE CANNOT DO THIS! he believes he is an all-pro qb similar to dan marino or john elway so he forces plays that aren't there. His turnover ratio is astronomical for an NFL QB. If bledsoe could just 'not lose' he would be adequate for our team but he's not even that - he's a liability all the way around.

Comment

Working...
                              X