PDA

View Full Version : Cheap shot

OpIv37
01-18-2004, 08:56 PM
That hit on McNabb was definitely a cheap shot- even if the play was live, there's no reason to unload on a guy lying on his back with his legs straight up in the air. It's the only reason the Panthers won- no team that I have rooted for has won in the post-season yet.

I hope the Panthers take the Pats out, since Pats fans have been talking like they won the SB since Thanksgiving- but they got to the SB on a low blow and I hope the NFL fines that bastard.

juice
01-18-2004, 09:02 PM
Questionable at best, I didn't think you could drill the QB when he was on the ground, like a slide.

mybills
01-18-2004, 09:09 PM
I was looking for a flag on that one 'cause he jumped right on him. Another missed (duh, I didn't see it) penalty by the refs. :shakeno:

Michael82
01-18-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37
no team that I have rooted for has won in the post-season yet.

You need to do me a favor. Please root for the Patriots. We need to keep this streak alive, no matter how much they sicken you. :D

OpIv37
01-18-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282

You need to do me a favor. Please root for the Patriots. We need to keep this streak alive, no matter how much they sicken you. :D

Ha, yeah I should try- I just need to find a reason. It would kill me though- rooting for the Colts made me feel sick even though it was against the Pats.

helmetguy
01-18-2004, 09:18 PM
Carolina would have beaten Philly anyway. McNabb and his receivers weren't on the same page most of the game. That hit WAS late, though.

Michael82
01-18-2004, 09:18 PM
Ha, yeah I should try- I just need to find a reason. It would kill me though- rooting for the Colts made me feel sick even though it was against the Pats.

Here's a reason. The Pats losing would make your day as a Bills fan. And it would be sweet to see Carolina win. Root for Belichick and maybe they'll lose. :pray:

mybills
01-19-2004, 08:04 AM
I tried that yesterday Mike, I was holding back the puke and everything...but it didn't work. :cynic:

Ebenezer
01-19-2004, 08:18 AM
That hit on McNabb was definitely a cheap shot- even if the play was live, there's no reason to unload on a guy lying on his back with his legs straight up in the air. It's the only reason the Panthers won- no team that I have rooted for has won in the post-season yet.

I hope the Panthers take the Pats out, since Pats fans have been talking like they won the SB since Thanksgiving- but they got to the SB on a low blow and I hope the NFL fines that bastard.

The Panthers still would have won.

don137
01-19-2004, 08:41 AM
The cheap shot was uncalled for but it also roved that Philly is a one man team which of eally been exploited in the Super Bowl by Bellicheck had Philly one. However, Carolina was the better team yesterday and it didn't matter that McNabb was hurt. Philly would of lost anyways. Philly's offense played good football for 5 minutes the entire post season.

juice
01-19-2004, 08:44 AM
Philley needs to invest in a pair of Wide Recievers during the off season. Carolina was too physical and Pinkston and others were shook up. McNabb would love to have a TO or Keyshawn compared to that garbage.

saviorbledsoe
01-19-2004, 09:21 AM
It looked like Mcnab tripped over Duce Stailey therefore wasnt legally down yet....and if you think they shouldnt have gone after him yet just ask the Broncos about not tagging someone when they havent been ruled down yet. Its the Refs job to blow the whistle. I think Carolina wouldhave won anyway. I live in Eagles country and this team is WAY overrated.

lordofgun
01-19-2004, 09:36 AM
McNabb is overrated.

don137
01-19-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
McNabb is overrated. :chuckle: :lol:

Ð
01-19-2004, 10:18 AM
there's no reason to unload on a guy lying on his back with his legs straight up in the air

:eek: