RB – marginally improved
Receivers – Greatly Improved
OL – Much improved

DL – a tad improved
LB – No improvement
DB – No improvement

P - Greatly improved
K- Greatly improved

The D just needs to come together. I predict a huge week against Houston. We'll restore some confidence.

TedMock
10-09-2002, 12:20 PM
I actually think DL is the cause of the Bills' problems. The opposing qb usually has all day to throw because he's under zero pressure most of the time. We have 2 outstanding corners but nobody in the league can cover a wr for 7+ seconds. If the DL does a better job it trickles back to the LB's and DB's.

TacklingDummy
10-09-2002, 12:23 PM
Offensive Cordinator: Very Improved
Defensive Cordinator: same/bad
Head Coaching: same/bad

Special Teams: Improving well

casdhf
10-09-2002, 12:23 PM
I agree, without a second DT, the other team's OL is able to block our LBs and pretty much render then useless. Fletcher showed up a little bit against Oakland, but Robinson has been worthless and Newman isn't on the field. We're not getting a change to play our base 46 defense because we can't get a pass rush to help Watson, Wire, Clements and Winfield. Why would teams like up 2 backs and 2 WRs, when they can just spread the field and have all day to throw??

LtBillsFan66
10-09-2002, 12:24 PM
I agree too. But they are a tad better than last year, IMO. Well maybe not now that I think of it. But I agree that it's a snowball effect starting with the lack of a pass rush.

Judge
10-09-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by BillsFanOne
By watching the games, I would say so.

Position by position:

QB – Greatly improved
RB – marginally improved
Receivers – Greatly Improved
OL – Much improved

DL – a tad improved
LB – No improvement
DB – No improvement

P - Greatly improved
K- Greatly improved

The D just needs to come together. I predict a huge week against Houston. We'll restore some confidence.

QB- RJ was the worst. Bledsoe is HOF-caliber. GIGANTIC upgrade.
RB- Same as last year. Henry not any better, not any worse.
Receivers- Same cast beneftting from better QB.
OL- Marginal improvement, benefitting from better QB.

DL- Worse.
LB- Worse.
DB- Worse. The "lockdown CB's" are breaking down instead due to lack of DL pressure.

P- Huge improvement.
K- Huge improvement.

northernbillfan
10-09-2002, 12:31 PM
We need to put a lot of pressure on the opposing QB, and we are just not doing that. We have no pass rush, and that allows the other team to post scores like they do.

RB Henry is showing signs of maturity, and if he can hold onto the ball from here on in, I know he didn't drop one on Sunday, he can be a great HOF type of back!

OL is better, Drew has a bit more time than RJ had last year.

Drew, well enough said.

Is it the DB/DL's fault, or is it the struggling 46?