• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Snooze Bowl XXXVIII?

Anyone else think this year's SB is going to be decided by field goals, e.g., 12-9? Delhomme vs. Brady doesn't exactly get me giddy.

I just hope the Cats slap the Pats because I can't stand Belichick.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

I don't care if it's 3-0 as long as the Pats lose. I hope the Cats slap the Pats because the Pats are cocky, their fans are cocky (with a few exceptions), and Tom Brady is a preppy beotch. Brady and Pennington remind me of the rich kids in HS who got luxury cars on their 16th birthdays.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillyT92679
      • Jul 2002

Not for nothing, but 12-9 at least would be competitive. Seems like in the even numbered Super Bowls, the games are close. (XXIV and XXVI) and the odd numbered ones are blowouts. I don't like the extra week between games though.
      Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillyT92679
        Not for nothing, but 12-9 at least would be competitive. Seems like in the even numbered Super Bowls, the games are close. (XXIV and XXVI) and the odd numbered ones are blowouts. I don't like the extra week between games though.
        Yeah what's the point of the extra week? They play at one week intervals all season- why is it so much different now?
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kal123
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

One thing this proves....coaching is the #1 thing for a team. I mean honestly, look at the talent level across the board on those teams and you would not exactly put them at the top of the heap. But Fox and Billy boy (as much as I hate his smug BS) are so good that they make up for it. So, let's hope MM is the answer because on paper we have a better team that either of them IMO.

As for the Snooze Bowl...yeah, it might be close but it is gonna be D-D-D-D the whole time. So lots of punts and 3-4ish yard runs. ZZZzzzZZZz.

Comment

• BillyT92679
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
            Yeah what's the point of the extra week? They play at one week intervals all season- why is it so much different now?
            Traditionally there has been two weeks between Conference Championship Sunday and Super Sunday in order for teams to rest up and to heal. I prefer just one week; the game becomes almost forgotten about with the two week span.
            Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

• kal123
              Maybe?
              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by BillyT92679
              the game becomes almost forgotten about with the two week span.
              In this case I'm not so sure that's a bad thing.

Comment

• baalworship
                • May 2003

I hate the Pats during the regular season but I always cheer for the AFC during the Superbowl. I suffered too many NFC beatings on our conference for this to ever change. The only AFC team I will never cheer for is the Dolphins!

Comment

• AG75
                  My buns are weiner friendly
                  • Oct 2002

Yes, I think this will be very boring. An Indy/Philly bowl would have been a lot more interesting and excited. Oh wow the Carolina Panthers!! How exciting. I know it's not their fault they have no history, and are a relatively new franchise but that does make for a boring bowl imho.
                  Aimee

Comment

• AG75
                    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by baalworship
                    I hate the Pats during the regular season but I always cheer for the AFC during the Superbowl. I suffered too many NFC beatings on our conference for this to ever change. The only AFC team I will never cheer for is the Dolphins!
                    Same here!!

Back on the boring issue, the ratings for this superbowl oughtta be interesting.
                    Aimee

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by AG75
                      Back on the boring issue, the ratings for this superbowl oughtta be interesting.
                      I think the ratings will be low...and I will be taking the under on the final score.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• CWOUSARET
                        • Aug 2003

I can't even watch - just in case the PATSIES win!!!! I hate those guys.
                        "Creativity is more important than Intelligence."

Comment

• AG75
                          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer

I think the ratings will be low...and I will be taking the under on the final score.
                          Im betting the ratings will be low too. Truthfully, this is a sb matchup that I could care less about.
                          Aimee

Comment

• Sabre11
                            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            The point of the extra week is so we can hear how wonderful and great Brady is...

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by AG75
                              Yes, I think this will be very boring. An Indy/Philly bowl would have been a lot more interesting and excited.
                              Why would Philly be more exciting than Carolina? There whole team is one player and except for the last few minutes of the Packers game the Philly offense sucked in the playoffs. there defense couldn't stop anyone against the run. I am not saying the Panthers are exciting but I don't see why Philly would be more exciting. The only exciting team in the NFC is St Louis but they lost...

Comment

Working...
                              X