PDA

View Full Version : I just wanted to say thanks to so many of you...

Ickybaluky
01-19-2004, 12:45 AM
... for making me see the light. I thought the Pats were a tough, deep, gritty team with few weaknesses, but I was obviously wrong. I was fooled by the 14 straight wins, but there is much more to it than that. After reading some of the threads here, I now realize the Pats aren't really that talented. I mean, look at the evidence:

1) They obviously pay off the refs (although I think a refund is due for letting Indy run a play after the clock expired). They must lead the league in non-calls, because you can see blatant infractions on every play.

2) What it boils down to is they are lucky. I mean, every team seems to play their worst game of the season against them. My theory is those teams are doing this on purpose, just to annoy those of us that know the real truth. They are all involved.

3) Isn't Brady the most over-rated QB in the NFL? I mean, the guy is stiff, you can tell by that stupid cleft in his chin. Really, all he does is hand the ball off and throw dump-off passes. The only thing I am still trying to figure out is how he does so well since his leading rusher only had 642 yards, his leading receiver only had 803 yards and no offensive player was named to the Pro Bowl. How do these guys score any points at all? All those injuries on the OL and at WR were merely cover so people would believe the conspiracy. I'm thinking this is at the league-level, and the players around Brady really did a lot more but they aren't credited with big-time stats because they want to make Brady look better. I know Drew would be able to win if he had that kind of talent around him.

4) The thing is, they really aren't that talented. They only had 2 Pro Bowler, ya' know. This league is all about pretty stats, and they don't have those kinds of players. That has to catch up to them eventually, I'm thinking in the Superbowl. How to they keep on winning when the other team always is so much more talented than them? Plus, they led the league with their starters missing 108 games. That alone should make them stink, who could recover from that?

5) Did I mention they pay off the refs?

Again, thanks for helping me to see the light. It is blatently obvious that team is not worth rooting for, I hate them all, especially Brady (you know he doesn't really work as hard as they say, because he knows the refs will help him when he needs it). I doubt I'll even watch the Superbowl, because I know I'll get all aggravated when they get grossly outplayed once again, only to have the refs give them the game.

Bob Kraft must have naked pictures of Paul Tagliabue, and he is orchestrating this whole thing. It is a conspiracy, I tell ya'. What's more, every team in the NFL and all the referees are involved in this thing, and they are keeping it under wraps. This is bigger then when JFK was assassinated (I blame Bill Belichick for that, he was in Dallas that weekend on a field trip with his 5th grade class), but we all know the real truth!!!

Devin
01-19-2004, 12:53 AM
It's at times like these i wish i was a mod so I could:

1) change the text around to make funny and insulting comments

2) Delete Post

3) Delete User

4) Did I say Delete post?

Truth be told the fact Brady smokes pole should have been enough but gosh darn that Ty Law, i sure hope we can snag him when the Pats cut him because of thier outstanding budgeting.

Oh well thank christ they are just lucky and not that good so next season we can use and abuse them once more.

Toodles!

HenryRules
01-19-2004, 12:56 AM
i hate to say this, but NE is truly the model franchise of the NFL right now. They look like the 2000s answer to the 90s Cowboys.

Unfortunately, we are beginning to look like the 90s Saints. Maybe things will change for us next year.

SabreEleven
01-19-2004, 12:56 AM
Whose's going to read this crap?

Devin
01-19-2004, 12:59 AM
LOL!

SABURZFAN
01-19-2004, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Sabre11
Whose's going to read this crap?

it's obvious that you did.

madness
01-19-2004, 06:34 AM
I still don't believe you guys have the talent level that other teams do. It boils down to one thing. As much as I hate to say it, you have the best coach (possibly coaching staff) in the NFL. Both your DC and OC were being interviewed for head coaching jobs. I really hope NE fans understand how valuable that staff is.

Anyway, I'd rather have someone from the AFC East representing then another division. Good luck in the SB, should be a great defensive battle.

Mr B
01-19-2004, 07:40 AM
One more game to win buddy before you do your chest pounding.

CWOUSARET
01-19-2004, 07:48 AM
Hey NE39 - get a life! You put way too much time into that post - especially about a team that is weak, useless, filled with punks, no talent bunch of PATSIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

baalworship
01-19-2004, 09:05 AM
It's not enough that your team is doing well and pretty much everyone believes you have the best coaching staff in the NFL. You need us to acknowledge how great and talented you are as well?!

Yes, you are talented. On the defensive side of the ball. On the offensive side of the ball you have a very good QB and ?

Antowain Smith? Sorry, the guy sucks.

David Givens?

Kevin Faulk?

Mad props to Charlie Weis because he's doing it with smoke and mirrors.

Ebenezer
01-19-2004, 09:29 AM
Guys...give NE39 his do...we were beating the crap out of NE fans after the opener...right now, NE has shown what coaching can do...they weren't fooled for a minute by that on-side kick...right there it shows the devil is in the details and BB and the boys cover all the details...let them brag...they earned it.

Tatonka
01-19-2004, 09:31 AM
NE39.. that was :lol:

thanks for the good read.

lordofgun
01-19-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by NE39
I just wanted to say thanks to so many of you...

You're welcome.

Mr. Miyagi
01-19-2004, 09:46 AM
... for making me see the light. I thought the Pats were a tough, deep, gritty team with few weaknesses, but I was obviously wrong. I was fooled by the 14 straight wins, but there is much more to it than that. After reading some of the threads here, I now realize the Pats aren't really that talented. I mean, look at the evidence:

1) They obviously pay off the refs (although I think a refund is due for letting Indy run a play after the clock expired). They must lead the league in non-calls, because you can see blatant infractions on every play.

2) What it boils down to is they are lucky. I mean, every team seems to play their worst game of the season against them. My theory is those teams are doing this on purpose, just to annoy those of us that know the real truth. They are all involved.

3) Isn't Brady the most over-rated QB in the NFL? I mean, the guy is stiff, you can tell by that stupid cleft in his chin. Really, all he does is hand the ball off and throw dump-off passes. The only thing I am still trying to figure out is how he does so well since his leading rusher only had 642 yards, his leading receiver only had 803 yards and no offensive player was named to the Pro Bowl. How do these guys score any points at all? All those injuries on the OL and at WR were merely cover so people would believe the conspiracy. I'm thinking this is at the league-level, and the players around Brady really did a lot more but they aren't credited with big-time stats because they want to make Brady look better. I know Drew would be able to win if he had that kind of talent around him.

4) The thing is, they really aren't that talented. They only had 2 Pro Bowler, ya' know. This league is all about pretty stats, and they don't have those kinds of players. That has to catch up to them eventually, I'm thinking in the Superbowl. How to they keep on winning when the other team always is so much more talented than them? Plus, they led the league with their starters missing 108 games. That alone should make them stink, who could recover from that?

5) Did I mention they pay off the refs?

Again, thanks for helping me to see the light. It is blatently obvious that team is not worth rooting for, I hate them all, especially Brady (you know he doesn't really work as hard as they say, because he knows the refs will help him when he needs it). I doubt I'll even watch the Superbowl, because I know I'll get all aggravated when they get grossly outplayed once again, only to have the refs give them the game.

Bob Kraft must have naked pictures of Paul Tagliabue, and he is orchestrating this whole thing. It is a conspiracy, I tell ya'. What's more, every team in the NFL and all the referees are involved in this thing, and they are keeping it under wraps. This is bigger then when JFK was assassinated (I blame Bill Belichick for that, he was in Dallas that weekend on a field trip with his 5th grade class), but we all know the real truth!!!
:bf1: Best post ever. It's all true.

:miyagi:

BillsOwnAll
01-19-2004, 11:20 AM
LOL. I bet you werent even a NE fan untill they won the SB. Just about every NE is like that. now if they Win the SB we are gonna get a new bunch of smack talkers who dontknow one damn thing about football.

TigerJ
01-19-2004, 12:10 PM
NE is a good team with an excellent coaching staff. I still don't like them.

Devin
01-19-2004, 12:18 PM
least I had my comedy relief for the day. Based on true events though.

caveboy
01-19-2004, 12:33 PM
Yeah, yeah, nice post. 1 team down, 31 more message boards to cut and paste to.

Oh, you also forgot another reason:

6) Defenders get 'hurt' with less than two minutes to go late in games to stop opponents momentum, then reappear a few plays later.

Yeah, that's my favorite Bellisuck move.

Ingtar33
01-19-2004, 12:55 PM
classic well coached move...

No, the main difference between the pats and everyone else is they are the most well coached team i've ever seen.

Nothing surprises them
Their players seem to read the opponent’s minds
Bounces go their way because they create the most bounces.

**editorial**
I dislike the new version of pats fans, it was better when it felt like we were almost brothers before they won their first superbowl... I was even in Boston during that superbowl, and partied with some pats fans... it was a fantastic weekend... i went home feeling all warm and fuzzy as if the shared experience was as close a feeling as i might get to the Bills winning a superbowl.

Ah, well times change, I no longer can stand most NE fans... I'm sick of the endless comparisons of Brady to Montana (no one who ever watched super joe would ever insult him with that comparison), and the endless claims of superiority... even less the fact they often back them up.

I fully expect a NE win this upcoming superbowl, but I will be cheering for the Panthers, if for no other reason than in hopes it brings dignity and sanity back to my NE friends, and i can go back to feeling a sort of kinship with the other once ugly duckling of the AFC east.

Dozerdog
01-19-2004, 12:59 PM
Try being a Bills fan in Boston.

"Hey- you want Ken Walter next season?"

LtBillsFan66
01-19-2004, 01:02 PM
**** you!

Michael82
01-19-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
classic well coached move...

No, the main difference between the pats and everyone else is they are the most well coached team i've ever seen.

Nothing surprises them
Their players seem to read the opponent’s minds
Bounces go their way because they create the most bounces.

**editorial**
I dislike the new version of pats fans, it was better when it felt like we were almost brothers before they won their first superbowl... I was even in Boston during that superbowl, and partied with some pats fans... it was a fantastic weekend... i went home feeling all warm and fuzzy as if the shared experience was as close a feeling as i might get to the Bills winning a superbowl.

Ah, well times change, I no longer can stand most NE fans... I'm sick of the endless comparisons of Brady to Montana (no one who ever watched super joe would ever insult him with that comparison), and the endless claims of superiority... even less the fact they often back them up.

I fully expect a NE win this upcoming superbowl, but I will be cheering for the Panthers, if for no other reason than in hopes it brings dignity and sanity back to my NE friends, and i can go back to feeling a sort of kinship with the other once ugly duckling of the AFC east.

GREAT post! I totally agree with you! :up:

Ickybaluky
01-19-2004, 08:44 PM

First of all, I am no bandwagon Jumper. The '39' in my login is in tribute to Sam Cunningham, still my all-time favorite Pat. I held season tickets through the Jankovich era, for crying out loud. If I was going to give up my affection for the team it would have happened then.

Second, I fully realize the Pats current run of success has to end, and that could happen as soon as next week. I don't play for the team, I just watch them. If they win or lose, it has no bearing on my life other than the enjoyment I get out of watching the games and talking football.

I watch a lot of other teams as well, and appreciate a good football player even if he isn't wearing a Pats uniform. Just because I am a Pats fan, that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the warrior-like performance demonstrated by Travis Henry this year. You can hate teams and root against whomever you want, doesn't effect me.

Now, I browse here occasionally, moreso recently because of the coaching change, and I get to read certain posters (not all, just a few) crap all over the accomplishments of my favorite team. Now, I could decide to post a rebuttal, but lets face it I am not going to change anybody's mind and certainly they are not going to change mine. Besides, there are numerous threads and I'll just come off like another jerk Pats fan.

So instead, I decided to post the above, which provided me the outlet to express my belief that some of the opinions expressed on the Pats here are pure Mularkey (pun intended) without having to go to all the trouble of getting into individual pissing contests. It was meant to be satirical, but apparently it is being taken as trolling. I suppose I could have used some of those little emoticons, but I detest those things.

So, I guess perhaps it was over-the-top. Chalk it up to impulsiveness. In the future, I'll try to avoid responding to any anti-Pats rants, as they really don't mean a great deal (and serve to let some people blow off some steam that otherwise might be unhealthy) and, after all, this is a Bills forum. I'll try to stick to Bills topics, or reply to posts where people actually solicit an opinion of a Pats player (such as Woody). It'll probably be better for all parties that way.

BTW, I don't hate the Bills (I used to really hate Miami, but I let that go some time ago). In looking at some of their message boards (I like this one the best, lucky you), I admire the passion and intensity of their fan base. If the Pats don't win, I actually wouldn't mind the Bills winning it all, you guys deserve it.

On a serious note, I re-ran the tape of yesterday's game and noticed on several occasions the Pats had 12 or 13 guys on the field. I think the league is letting them play with extra guys on defense.

Ickybaluky
01-19-2004, 08:52 PM
One last thing, I attended the AFC Championship game in which the Bills throttled the Raiders 51-3. The only game I have ever attended at the Ralph, so perhaps I am sort of a good luck charm.

I attended that game as a guest of a college roommate at UMass, Darrian Chapman, one of the greatest guys I'll ever meet. Darrian (we called him Roger) died a little over a year ago, and Buffalo lost one of it's greatest. If for no other reason than Darrian deserves it, I hope the Bills win the Super Bowl, and soon. He was in extasy at that game against the Raiders, thinking his Bills were about to win the big one. He never got to see that, but I imagine a lot of Bills fans are like him.

lordofgun
01-19-2004, 09:06 PM

First of all, I am no bandwagon Jumper. The '39' in my login is in tribute to Sam Cunningham, still my all-time favorite Pat. I held season tickets through the Jankovich era, for crying out loud. If I was going to give up my affection for the team it would have happened then.

Second, I fully realize the Pats current run of success has to end, and that could happen as soon as next week. I don't play for the team, I just watch them. If they win or lose, it has no bearing on my life other than the enjoyment I get out of watching the games and talking football.

I watch a lot of other teams as well, and appreciate a good football player even if he isn't wearing a Pats uniform. Just because I am a Pats fan, that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the warrior-like performance demonstrated by Travis Henry this year. You can hate teams and root against whomever you want, doesn't effect me.

Now, I browse here occasionally, moreso recently because of the coaching change, and I get to read certain posters (not all, just a few) crap all over the accomplishments of my favorite team. Now, I could decide to post a rebuttal, but lets face it I am not going to change anybody's mind and certainly they are not going to change mine. Besides, there are numerous threads and I'll just come off like another jerk Pats fan.

So instead, I decided to post the above, which provided me the outlet to express my belief that some of the opinions expressed on the Pats here are pure Mularkey (pun intended) without having to go to all the trouble of getting into individual pissing contests. It was meant to be satirical, but apparently it is being taken as trolling. I suppose I could have used some of those little emoticons, but I detest those things.

So, I guess perhaps it was over-the-top. Chalk it up to impulsiveness. In the future, I'll try to avoid responding to any anti-Pats rants, as they really don't mean a great deal (and serve to let some people blow off some steam that otherwise might be unhealthy) and, after all, this is a Bills forum. I'll try to stick to Bills topics, or reply to posts where people actually solicit an opinion of a Pats player (such as Woody). It'll probably be better for all parties that way.

BTW, I don't hate the Bills (I used to really hate Miami, but I let that go some time ago). In looking at some of their message boards (I like this one the best, lucky you), I admire the passion and intensity of their fan base. If the Pats don't win, I actually wouldn't mind the Bills winning it all, you guys deserve it.

On a serious note, I re-ran the tape of yesterday's game and noticed on several occasions the Pats had 12 or 13 guys on the field. I think the league is letting them play with extra guys on defense.

One last thing, I attended the AFC Championship game in which the Bills throttled the Raiders 51-3. The only game I have ever attended at the Ralph, so perhaps I am sort of a good luck charm.

I attended that game as a guest of a college roommate at UMass, Darrian Chapman, one of the greatest guys I'll ever meet. Darrian (we called him Roger) died a little over a year ago, and Buffalo lost one of it's greatest. If for no other reason than Darrian deserves it, I hope the Bills win the Super Bowl, and soon. He was in extasy at that game against the Raiders, thinking his Bills were about to win the big one. He never got to see that, but I imagine a lot of Bills fans are like him.

I'm sure that would be very interesting to someone who gives a crap. :up:

TigerJ
01-19-2004, 09:19 PM
I think I said the same thing as Ingtar, at least part of what he said. I just said it shorter. LOL

I think there was a Darrian Chapman who was a Buffalo area sportscaster some years ago. Same guy?

I don't think Ingtar called you a bandwagon fan or a "Johnny come lately" NE. He just suggested that tasting success turned you all into arrogant, insufferable people that we really don't care to listen to when you're ranting about how great your team is.

I know some Bills fans post some on officiating at Patriot games, luck and other such stuff. I think in every game there are mistakes in officiating. Sometime our feelings for one team or another give us selective vision and sometimes the mistakes may be a little more slanted one way than the other. Sometimes when the Bills are in the game I'll see those mistakes too and get hot under the collar, but otherwise I don't pay much attention to it unless it gets a lot of play in the media. I do think the Patriots are an excellent team. I don't know that I'd call them "great" just because they are not overly loaded with superstar talent. They just outexecute everyone because they are so well prepared. That is a credit to the coaching staff, Bill Belichick, (whom I dislike intensely) in particular.

Ickybaluky
01-19-2004, 09:34 PM
Yeah, same guy. He did Bison games and had a radio show in starting his career in Buffalo after graduating UMass.

He left there and was a weekend anchor for NBC in Washington, D.C., where George Michael (of the Sports Machine) is the lead anchor. He left there after a couple years and became a lead sports anchor for NBC in Chicago.

His heart gave out while playing hockey a little over a year ago. Apparently, he had some sort of family history for that stuff (he had a heart attack in his early 30's. Great guy, heck of an athlete and a big Bills fan. Anyone that knew him loved the guy.