X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Greg Williams

Here is a question. Since everyone here seems to think he is doing such a bad job what do you suggest the Bills do with him following this season. Do we fire him and start all over again with another new system?
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

I for one don't think he has done a terrible job and has improved from last year so far.

Comment

• Judge
      • Aug 2002

As I've posted before, I think he has shown improvement from last year, and the W-L record and the Bills' competitiveness this year reflects that.

His team believes in him, and he believes in them. His M.O. is working. If the team keeps growing like it has so far, he stays.
      Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Creemoredrinker
        Senior Zoner
        • Sep 2002

I Agree, But

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
        I for one don't think he has done a terrible job and has improved from last year so far.
        ..if the defense does NOT improve and the offense continues to excell and we end up less than 8-8, there will be pressure on Greg to fire Gray and replace him or resign himself.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

And if you say fire him, name the new head coach and why that person would be better.

Example Ted Cottrell would be much better. Just look at the wonderful job he is doing with the Jets D.

Comment

• Cntrygal
            Visually stunning but camera-shy.
            • Jul 2002

at this point no. If people actually expected us to be a complete playoff team this year... they were really optimistic.
            Originally posted by notacon
            The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• clumping platelets

2001 shouldn't be held against the coaching staff. Salary cap purges devasted this team..........I'm willing to give GW another full season. TD should be able to bolster the D in the offseason and add more speed and depth via FA and the draft. If the D doesn't show improvement next season.....change the DC!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

I agree with everyone so far.

Comment

• Creemoredrinker
                  Senior Zoner
                  • Sep 2002

Is That Possible?

I agree with everyone so far.

Comment

• Crinoline
                    • Sep 2002

Having been to the Raiders/Bills game Sunday I want to know what this mythical 'defense' is everyone here is speaking of. Whatever it is, the Bills most certainly don't have it! I can't put fault on the coaches when a key ingredient needed to foster a winning team is missing from the one at Orchard Park.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                      • Jul 2002

So what then, if we end up 5-11 this year, then another 2 wins next season for 7-9 will be good. Then 9-7 the year after?

We're 2-3 and have the toughest part of our schedule ahead. How are we gonna stop the RBs we face?

I'll reserve judgement until at least the bye week as I've stated prior. But as of now, I don't know how Greg can keep Gray around after allowing our D to play FAR worse than it has last year so far. It ain't gonna improve against the tougher Os that we face this season yet to come. So far we've faced 3 mediocre Os in 5 games. We only face 3 more the entire 11 remaining games.

If the D doesn't finish better than it did last year, I say Greg needs to get rid of Gray at minimum. I'm also looking at replacing Fairchild as the RBs coach. Maybe the step up to the NFL was too much for him. Either way, our RBs, who have promise, are not cutting it. Blame it on what you will.

But when you all say that we've improved, I have to question that. We've added so much talent that we should have improved by more than a couple of games and completely ignored portions of our game thru which we could have easily improved ourselves by 5 or 6 games at least, maybe more. Yet, those were ignored. Completely!

At 3-13 it's difficult to be worse or "not improve" based on record only. Talk about creating a win-win situation for Greg and the FO.

But the talk about us going 10-6 or better sure has faded. Most people at the beginning of the year seemed to have felt that 7-9 was the minimum standard for improvement this season. So far, that is in serious jeopardy.

But the aspects of the team are:

STs
                      Passing O
                      Rushing O
                      Passing D
                      Rushing D

STs has improved only marginally
                      Passing O has skyrocketed from where it was due largely to Drew's playing the best ball of his life, NOT the coaching
                      All three other aspects of the team have gotten significantly worse.

I don't see how anyone can say we're clearly improved when those circumstances exist. I just don't.
                      Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

I am a very agreeable person

Comment

• Creemoredrinker
                          Senior Zoner
                          • Sep 2002

I Guess, Butt...

I am a very agreeable person

...is it NOT uncomfortable to have a fence post shoved up your...

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                            • Jul 2002

"If the D doesn't show improvement next season.....change the DC!"

If we aren't 10-6 plus next year, then GW goes!!! Most of the staff w/ him.

Honestly, if we can't improve our D when we have absolutely no serious OL issues this offseason, plenty of WRs to do the job, good TEs, and when all we need is a RB who can run the ball consistently, then it will never happen.

Next year our schedule eases up. We play the Texans again, the NFC East which is not strong other than Philly. The AFC South, big deal. And probably Seattle and Cincy at this rate.

That's a 10-6 + schedule for any team that's at least average. Should be gimme wins: Houston, Tenn., Seattle, Jets, Giants, Cowboys, Skins. That's 8 right there. Splits w/ N.E., Miami, and Indy/Jax, and wins over our AFC N and W opponents would make us 13-3.

We'll have the very unusual luxury of being able to address primarily the defense this offseason the way we did the O this year. If we do not instantaneously jump to at least 16th in the league on D next year, then the FO/coaches didn't do their job.

Signing guys like Teague for $2.5M we shouldn't do again when there's better players out there for less green. Also, we should be wary of signing guys like Fletcher to huge contracts too. He isn't worth a third of what he's getting.
                            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

I agree with most of what you said wys. I'm not 100% sold on the OL though. We may need a little more help there.

Should have $$ though for FA DL.

Thurm poses an interesting question, though. If the Bills finish 7-9 playing like they have so far, what should TD do? GW is supposed to be a defensive coach. The defense is lousy. Does TD let GW can Grey and bring in another DC next year and go on, or does he clean house now, after this year?
                              Last edited by Earthquake Enyart; 10-09-2002, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X