PDA

View Full Version : Who is your greatest Bills player?

jbisset
01-19-2004, 12:58 AM
Below is a list of some Bills players. Who is the greatest Bills player? Rank your top 25 players?

OJ Simpson
Jim Kelly
Bruce Smith
Thurman Thomas
Andre Reed
Jack Kemp
Henry Travis
Joe ferguson
Eric Moulds
Ted Washington
Reggie McKenzie
Wil wolford
Ruben Brown
Bob Chandler
Darry Talley
Steve Tasker
Frank Reich
Bill shaw
Tom flores
Joe Delamielleure
Kent Hull
Nate Odomes
Steve Christie
Bryce Paup
Jerry Butler
Jim Haslett
John Fina
Shane Conlon
Don Beebe
Phil Hansen
Mark Kelso
Scott Norwood
Cornelius Bennett
Steve Christie
Jim Ritcher
Pete Metzelaars
Joe cribbs
Fred Smerlas
Greg Bell
Conrad Dobler
James Lofton

SabreEleven
01-19-2004, 01:00 AM
Don't want to be a wet blanket, but his name is Travis Henry...

HenryRules
01-19-2004, 01:01 AM
rank my top 25?? Too much effort.

Bruce Smith then OJ Simpson are my 1-2.

SabreEleven
01-19-2004, 01:01 AM
:rofl: You said Scott Norwood. :rofl:

HenryRules
01-19-2004, 01:02 AM
Frank Reich made the possible list?

One playoffs?

helmetguy
01-19-2004, 01:20 AM
No Tom Sestak? No Ernie Warlick? No Mike Stratton? No Cookie Gilchrist? No Elbert Dubenion? No Al Biemiller? No Lou Piccone? No Mark Pike?

SABURZFAN
01-19-2004, 01:51 AM
no sherman white????no ben williams????john skorupan????paul seymour????mike kadish????

mackey789
01-19-2004, 02:54 AM
jim kelly

doug45
01-19-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Sabre11
:rofl: You said Scott Norwood. :rofl:

I think if people look back at the games we won to get to the SB's you would see the Scoot Norwood won a lot of them in the last minutes. We should have played better the entire game and not had to depend on a kick in the last seconds to win.

CWOUSARET
01-19-2004, 07:59 AM
Helmutguy & Saburzfan - old school names in your posts - I like it!!! I also was wondering what happened to many of the names you both put in your posts. I have been a Bills fan since their creation - and as young kis I was at the "Rock Pile" while Kemp was throwing to Dubbie. Anyways - Jim Kelley is my all time favorite - then Thurman.

helmetguy
01-19-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by CWOUSARET
Helmutguy & Saburzfan - old school names in your posts - I like it!!! I also was wondering what happened to many of the names you both put in your posts. I have been a Bills fan since their creation - and as young kis I was at the "Rock Pile" while Kemp was throwing to Dubbie. Anyways - Jim Kelley is my all time favorite - then Thurman.

Biemiller's my favorite-mainly after having gotten to know him when he worked Security in our section at the Ralph. I've watched the Bills since '63 (LONG before I knew anything about football). Anyway, through Biemiller, I've met a number of the guys who were just gum cards to me as a kid. I could have added Joe Kulbacki, Tom Day, Mike Montler, Marty Schottenheimer, Eddie Rutkowski, Jeff Nixon, J.D. Hill, Bobby Moore, Paul Guidry, Al Cowlings, Art Still, Wray Carlton....but it was late when I posted!

juice
01-19-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by jbisset
Below is a list of some Bills players. Who is the greatest Bills player? Rank your top 25 players?

OJ Simpson
Jim Kelly
Bruce Smith
Thurman Thomas
Andre Reed
Jack Kemp
Henry Travis
Joe ferguson
Eric Moulds
Ted Washington
Reggie McKenzie
Wil wolford
Ruben Brown
Bob Chandler
Darry Talley
Steve Tasker
Frank Reich
Bill shaw
Tom flores
Joe Delamielleure
Kent Hull
Nate Odomes
Steve Christie
Bryce Paup
Jerry Butler
Jim Haslett
John Fina
Shane Conlon
Don Beebe
Phil Hansen
Mark Kelso
Scott Norwood
Cornelius Bennett
Steve Christie
Jim Ritcher
Pete Metzelaars
Joe cribbs
Fred Smerlas
Greg Bell
Conrad Dobler
James Lofton

I like your ranking.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-19-2004, 10:31 AM
<------------------------------------------------------------

helmetguy
01-19-2004, 10:38 AM
How can that be even considered a ranking, juice? I can think of at least four current Wall of Famers that aren't even on that list: Robert James, George Saimes, Elbert Dubenion, and Mike Stratton.

He Bad Production
01-19-2004, 10:52 AM
O.J. was our best ever;
but Jim Kelly was our greatest.

dates74
01-19-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
rank my top 25?? Too much effort.

Bruce Smith then OJ Simpson are my 1-2.

ditto:gobills:

elltrain22
01-19-2004, 05:02 PM
Gotta be Jimbo. Kelly was solid, and even though we all gave him hell at times, he was always a pro bowl type QB every year he played.

Close second would be Andre Reed & Bruce Smith.

Honorable mention to Thurman & OJ

SABURZFAN
01-19-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by CWOUSARET
Helmutguy & Saburzfan - old school names in your posts - I like it!!! I also was wondering what happened to many of the names you both put in your posts.

Originally posted by helmetguy
Biemiller's my favorite-mainly after having gotten to know him when he worked Security in our section at the Ralph. I've watched the Bills since '63 (LONG before I knew anything about football). Anyway, through Biemiller, I've met a number of the guys who were just gum cards to me as a kid. I could have added Joe Kulbacki, Tom Day, Mike Montler, Marty Schottenheimer, Eddie Rutkowski, Jeff Nixon, J.D. Hill, Bobby Moore, Paul Guidry, Al Cowlings, Art Still, Wray Carlton....but it was late when I posted!

you gotta bring in the Old School names.i didn't see roland hooks,tony greene,or jim braxton either.:biggrin:

The_Philster
01-19-2004, 06:14 PM
Bemiller's my favorite-mainly after having gotten to know him when he worked Security in our section at the Ralph. I've watched the Bills since '63 (LONG before I knew anything about football). Anyway, through Bemiller, I've met a number of the guys who were just gum cards to me as a kid.

Al's the man :up:

Bmax
01-19-2004, 07:07 PM
MY TOP FIVE ....

1. OJ SIMPSON
2. Bruce Smith
3. Jim Kelly
4. Thurman Thomas
5. Andre Reed

Bmax

juice
01-19-2004, 07:52 PM
How can that be even considered a ranking, juice? I can think of at least four current Wall of Famers that aren't even on that list: Robert James, George Saimes, Elbert Dubenion, and Mike Stratton.

How about this one? The shortlist
Originally posted by He Bad Production
O.J. was our best ever;
but Jim Kelly was our greatest.

Mr. Cynical
01-19-2004, 08:12 PM
1. Kelly
2. Thurman
3. Smith
4. Reed
5. Tasker
6. Beebe (the man who gave us dignity by smacking Lett and winning in Green Bay)

Honorable mentions: Spielman. What a drag about his injuries. He could have been the *perfect* fit for Buffalo for at least a few more years. Same with Paup (to a lesser degree)

P.S. How is Kelso on that list! "Kazoo-head" was always getting run over. :confused2:

BAM
01-19-2004, 08:21 PM
Definately Jimbo.

Demon
01-19-2004, 11:05 PM
Jim Kelly. Enough said.

R. Rich
01-20-2004, 08:19 AM
No Lou Piccone?

I could have added Eddie Rutkowski...

I met both Lou and Ed at the draft party at RICH last year. They were very nice. They took the time to hang out with me and a couple guys at the bar and we just talked football. One of the guys took a picture of me, Lou, Ed, and another guy in our group. I'll see if I can find it and post it.

For what it's worth, the guy who I really hope to see one day in the Hall of Fame is Kent Hull. He really deserves it.

sabreshockey096
01-20-2004, 02:04 PM
top 10

10 - hull
9 - tasker
8 - biscuit
7 - kemp
6 - lofton
5 - reed
4 - thomas
3 - juice
2 - smith
1 - kelly

helmetguy
01-20-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by R. Rich
I met both Lou and Ed at the draft party at RICH last year. They were very nice. They took the time to hang out with me and a couple guys at the bar and we just talked football. One of the guys took a picture of me, Lou, Ed, and another guy in our group. I'll see if I can find it and post it.

For what it's worth, the guy who I really hope to see one day in the Hall of Fame is Kent Hull. He really deserves it.

I agree with you, Rich. Like I posted earlier, through "Big Al B," I've had the chance to meet a lot of the "Old-timers." They've always been pretty coll when we've had a chance to talk with them.

TheWingHead
01-20-2004, 07:52 PM
OJ simpson
Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce Smith
Frank Reich

juice
01-20-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by TheWingHead
OJ simpson
Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce Smith
Frank Reich

2000 yds 30 yrs ago in 14 games, what's the big deal about J. Lewis. He's played on a SB caliber team for the last 3 seasons.

kardshark19
01-20-2004, 08:40 PM
Definitely Kelly, then OJ, then the sack-master. I like TT a lot, and Henry is my favorite player on the Bills now

Drewpac
01-20-2004, 09:03 PM
I'll go with Thurm because he was the only Bill to play good in a Super Bowl. He was dynamite from 90-92. Do you guys remember how good of a receiver he was back then?

Ingtar33
01-21-2004, 12:39 AM
Kelly, no one will ever do what he did again... watching Manning play that sort of no-huddle for the Colts looks like a shallow mockery of what Jimbo did with us, and reminds me of how special Jim was...

Jim was a warrior, a leader, and a fantastic QB.

Halbert
01-21-2004, 04:05 AM
Favorite: Tasker

But if I had to pick only 1 Bill to start a team with it would be Bruuuce. He was dominant for a very long time. Big time whiner but dominant.