After yesterday does anyone else think we should have waited for a coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

After yesterday does anyone else think we should have waited for a coach?

I sure do.
  • Billsbabee

I remember thinking that a couple of times throughout the game. But I'll hope and Mularkey & Co makes me regret it.

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

If we were waiting for Crennel- sure.

I'm a big Weis supporter- but yesterday it was all about the Pat's defense.

I'm happy with Mularkey- he's saying the right things, hiring the right coaches.Too bad we could not have retained LeBeau

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

I would waited for Crennel or Weis...the problem is that you wouldn't have them under contract until 2/3...makes it hard to put a staff together.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• kgun12
          • Jul 2002

I was questioning why we didn't wait for Weis all through the game, THEN he call a QB bootleg toward the end of the game, and it almost cost them BIG!!! I am ready to give our new staff a chance!
          Retired Air Traffic Controller
          USAF VETERAN
          DAV

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Why don't we give MM and his staff a chance, instead of living in our past wishes and hopes?
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

I agree with Eb that if we waited we might not of had McNally who I feel is a key piece. Also, how many fans would of complained that we lost Lebeau because we waited (which wasn't the case but it would of appeared that way if we never hired a coach).

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

I am fully backing MM, I just hope it wasn't a rush decision.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

If it was a virtual tie betwen candidates, why not go with the guy you know? Now we got first crack at guys like McNally. I'd have a different opinion if Weis was measurably better.

But it looks like it was Candidate 1 and 1-a, not between candidate 1 and 2

Comment

• juice
                    • Aug 2003

MM has what GW never had ability and STAFF.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• baalworship
                      • May 2003

I don't think Donahoe rushed. He wanted Mularkey and he got Mularkey. Unfortunately, Bledsoe was probably the deciding factor. Weis was NEVER coming here because of his past history with Bledsoe.

Donahoe is putting all his eggs in the Drew Bledsoe basket.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by baalworship
                        I don't think Donahoe rushed. He wanted Mularkey and he got Mularkey. Unfortunately, Bledsoe was probably the deciding factor. Weis was NEVER coming here because of his past history with Bledsoe.

Donahoe is putting all his eggs in the Drew Bledsoe basket.
                        I respectfully disagree. TD never has been tied to a single player in a dozen years as an NFL GM, why now?

Comment

• lordofgun
                          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                          I respectfully disagree. TD never has been tied to a single player in a dozen years as an NFL GM, why now?
                          I agree. One of them main reasons he was forced out of Pittsburgh is because he wanted to dump Kordell, and Cowher insisted that they keep him as their franchise QB. Looks like TD was right.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• baalworship
                            • May 2003

Well, all the speculation will end when we see how TD handles Bledsoe's contract. I have no problem keeping Bledsoe at a GREATLY reduced contract and having him fight for his job with a Billy Volek type. But if Bledsoe is still making 6 million a year then TD IS putting all his eggs in the Bledsoe basket.

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by baalworship
                              Well, all the speculation will end when we see how TD handles Bledsoe's contract. I have no problem keeping Bledsoe at a GREATLY reduced contract and having him fight for his job with a Billy Volek type. But if Bledsoe is still making 6 million a year then TD IS putting all his eggs in the Bledsoe basket.
                              If you assume that then yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X