PDA

View Full Version : Free Agency is 1st...who do you like?

hemi13
01-19-2004, 07:27 AM
Here are some of the best free agents out there at WR and two more I would think about. Some are head cases, which means the Bills won't even think about.

Here's a link of all the free agents by team.
http://www.glorifythepast.com/print.php?newsid=130

Players the Bills won't touch
Terrell Owens WR San Fran
Warren Sapp DT Buc's

Here's the best WR's on the board
Shawn Jefferson WR Lions
Kevin Dyson WR Panters
Oronde Gadsden WR Fish
Terrence Wilkins WR Colts
Drew Bennett WR Titans

A couple interesting players
Jevon Kearse DE Titans
Steve Christie K Chargers (I would like to see Steve back in a Bills uniform)
:fabulous:

lunatic_bills_fan
01-19-2004, 07:32 AM
Northcutt and/or Jackson would be 2 places to make a start.

Jan Reimers
01-19-2004, 07:32 AM
I think we may plug our interior O line holes in free agency, and possibly add a 3rd or 4th WR. The other needs we address in the draft.

Jan Reimers
01-19-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by lunatic_bills_fan
Northcutt and/or Jackson would be 2 places to make a start.

They're both good 3rd WR types.

Devin
01-19-2004, 08:23 AM
FA:
DB = Winfield/Law
WR = Jackson (Owens would be great but not likely to happen)
OL = Stinchcomb/Orlando Brown

Draft:
1st - Sean Taylor (S) or Kenechi Udeze (DE)
QB = Rivers
DL = Lavalais
WR/TE - Depth

kgun12
01-19-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers

Jackson 2003 totals: 68 rec 1137 yrds 9 td's. I will take that! He would be a great no#2 across for Moulds.

kgun12
01-19-2004, 08:34 AM
I say WR, DE and or a OLM in FA

A QB, TE and what ever one of the 3 I listed we don't address in FA>

juice
01-19-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Devin
FA:
DB = Winfield/Law
WR = Jackson (Owens would be great but not likely to happen)
OL = Stinchcomb/Orlando Brown

Draft:
1st - Sean Taylor (S) or Kenechi Udeze (DE)
QB = Rivers
DL = Lavalais
WR/TE - Depth

Is Ty Law a free agent??

saviorbledsoe
01-19-2004, 09:17 AM
Why wouldnt we touch TO???

I would take him in a heartbeat. He would bring (besides the obvious playmaking) a major deep threat across from Moulds and an attitude to a lackluster offense. And he is good friends with Moulds!

Tatonka
01-19-2004, 09:22 AM

:eek:

Originally posted by kgun12
I say WR, DE and or a OLM in FA

A QB, TE and what ever one of the 3 I listed we don't address in FA>

thank you kgun.. djackson was a number one in seattle, and since koren robinson got there.. he has still been 1a/1b.. much like moulds/peerless were.

he is a stud.. a big time receiver who can be a number one if moulds was to go down.. calling him a 3rd is just insulting to the actual skill the guy has.

EDS
01-19-2004, 09:25 AM
The Bills wouldn't touch Owens because he is a head case. He brings an attitude alright though - a bad one. His talent is unquestionable, pro bowl level. Unfortunately his head is at a "semi-pro" level.

saviorbledsoe
01-19-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by EDS
The Bills wouldn't touch Owens because he is a head case. He brings an attitude alright though - a bad one. His talent is unquestionable, pro bowl level. Unfortunately his head is at a "semi-pro" level.

For a Superbowl would you take that chance? a 1 or 2 year contract?

kgun12
01-19-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

thank you kgun.. djackson was a number one in seattle, and since koren robinson got there.. he has still been 1a/1b.. much like moulds/peerless were.

he is a stud.. a big time receiver who can be a number one if moulds was to go down.. calling him a 3rd is just insulting to the actual skill the guy has.

Your welcome, besides he seems to be a stand up guy! You can never have to many good charater guys on a team!

Lone Stranger
01-19-2004, 09:32 AM
Jackson and Stinchomb would make for a very successful offseason; however, TD has kind of strapped us for available cash unless he does some restruturing. $7.5 million of cap space does not leave a lot of room for maneuvering.

Dozerdog
01-19-2004, 09:34 AM
The Titans FA's - Volek, Bennet, Kearse- will be the most available- they are 16 million over the cap.

While a lot of attention is being put on Woody in NE, what about Mike Compton? He is also a center/guard who actually does shotgun snap- unlike Woodey. What injury did he have this season?

I'm skeptical that Grant Wistrom and Adam Timmerman of the Rams will be available- they are over 20 million under the cap.
However- it will be interesting to see what they do with hteir QB situation. If they tender Bulger, and unable to deal Warner, they will have 9-11 million tied up in QB's alone.

Jan Reimers
01-19-2004, 09:37 AM

Any of the top 6-7 WRs in the draft will be better - and at least a couple of them will be available at 13. Reed also has a chance to be better. Jackson is pretty good, but not the answer to our need for speed.

DraftBoy
01-19-2004, 09:43 AM
I think TD will restructure some to get us over 10 million under the cap and then we can make a run at TO. To be frank I think RW wants a ring before he dies. I will agree though that Jackson is a good option too but if we got the money and he wants to play here. Bring him in here ASAP!

mypoorfriendme
01-19-2004, 09:47 AM
lets stop getting our hopes up, terrel owens will not be a buffalo bill. the question is, will we get our "speed burner" through the FA or through the draft? or will TD adress the need at all?

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-19-2004, 10:17 AM
How about, if Ruben is gone, Adam Timmerman or Ben Hamilton.

helmetguy
01-19-2004, 10:30 AM
Reuben isn't going anywhere, and with McNally on board as line coach, Mike Compton would be a good addition to the O-line. Mularkey and Clements will commit to the run magnitudes more than Gilbride did, so we wouldn't have to invest top dollar to lure in a speedy #2 WR right away. Terell Owens is NOT an option at any price. The moment he even thinks he's not getting his props, he'll be poison-unless he decides to catch passes with his mouth, that always seems to be open.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-19-2004, 10:54 AM
You know I think Owens gets a bad rap. How many people ever question his talent, heart, desire, or work ethic?

saviorbledsoe
01-19-2004, 11:02 AM
TO just wants to win and is vocal about it. I wish i would have seen more vocal uproaring out of the offense last year by Drew and Moulds and Henry instead of Rueben and The Defense talking the smack. We need veteran leadership and veteran FIRE.

saviorbledsoe
01-19-2004, 11:45 AM
When does free agency start???????????????????

helmetguy
01-19-2004, 11:51 AM
Fire is one thing, but showing up your boss on the sidelines, *****ing to the press, and lobbying in the locker room isn't "fire." It's self-promotion. I have no doubt that TO, like any athlete, wants to win. However, what ever raw physical skills you get with TO, you lose a good share of them every time he puts himself above the team; which is too often for my taste.

palbuffan
01-19-2004, 11:54 AM
JACKSON-WR A MUST AND HOW ABOUT DARRIUS AT SAFETY

clumping platelets
01-19-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
When does free agency start???????????????????

March 2nd

clumping platelets
01-19-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by palbuffan
JACKSON-WR A MUST AND HOW ABOUT DARRIUS AT SAFETY

:welcome: to BillsZone

Darrius is suspect in coverage and is somewhat of a dirty player IMO. I would look into signing Jackson at the right price though

Tatonka
01-19-2004, 12:34 PM
Any of the top 6-7 WRs in the draft will be better - and at least a couple of them will be available at 13. Reed also has a chance to be better. Jackson is pretty good, but not the answer to our need for speed.

that is so insane to say that, jan.. i know you have been watching football long enough to know that no rookie wr is a guarentee to do anything.. jackson has 4 strong years under his belt.. and i really dont think you have watched him enough, because he does have speed and he goes deep plenty.. i have had him on my fantasy team for the last three years, so i follow him closely.. he is alot better than you think.

Dozerdog
01-19-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
TO just wants to win and is vocal about it. I wish i would have seen more vocal uproaring out of the offense last year by Drew and Moulds and Henry instead of Rueben and The Defense talking the smack. We need veteran leadership and veteran FIRE.

Owens wants to win- AND be the star. If we brought him here, went 12-4 throwing to him only 40 times a season, he would still whine. Watching him almost cost he 49ers the game with his antics vs the Giants in the playoffs in 2002 told me enough about Owens- I don't want him here. No "Me first" players

Philagape
01-19-2004, 12:49 PM
I think it's much wiser to get Jackson than TO. Jackson would be a great fit at No. 2, while TO and Moulds would be rivals over being considered "No. 1." The last thing we need is more division. And Reed would go back to slot, where he's best. Plus, if Drew had both Moulds and TO, he'd be tempted to be a gunslinger again, which is not the right direction for the offense.
Jackson would cost a lot less, leaving $ left for other needs (corner, whether it be Winfield or someone else).
So .... A better offensive situation and less expense makes Jackson the way to go.

The_Philster
01-19-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by juice
Is Ty Law a free agent??

No...but he has a huge salary due in 2004 which the Pats will have to rework in order to keep him.

Bert102176
01-19-2004, 04:35 PM
I like Keyshawn and his attitude we need attitude on this team you can rip me if you want but I don't care

The Spaz
01-19-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Bert102176
I like Keyshawn and his attitude we need attitude on this team you can rip me if you want but I don't care

You want "me-shawn" no ****ing thank you I would rather have TO at least he puts up big numbers. Keyshawn Johnson is nothing more than an average receiver with a big mouth.

elltrain22
01-19-2004, 04:54 PM
We have gotta address our o-line first and foremost. We need to get a guy like Woody or Timmerman, or an Orlando Brown. Once this is secured, we can go after a legitimate #2 wr. Personally, like many other bills fans, i would like to see Darrell Jackson in a bills unie, but if that doesn't pan out, Drew Bennet would be a good fit. Another key as far as our off season agenda goes, is locking up Winfield. Say what you will about this guy, but he is the argueably the best hitting corner in the league, and his presence would be sorlely missed.

As far as the draft goes, i say take winslow if he is there, if not get a d-lineman like Udeze, but if he is not available then there is Micheal Clayton from LSU, Will Poole from OU, who could really be a legitimate NFL playmaker, Will Smith from Ohio State. Any of these guys I would be happy w/, but knowing TD, who knows who he will pick.

I just hope, at some point, we draft Philip Rivers. This guy will be a good NFL QB, and if Drew starts messin' up, he could be there in the wings to replace him.

The_Philster
01-19-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Bert102176

That's sick :puke:

The Spaz
01-19-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

That's sick :puke:

I concur!:down: :puke:

Tatonka
01-19-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Keyshawn Johnson is nothing more than an average receiver with a big mouth.

ahahahaha...

so true man.. looking at his career numbers, it just amazes me why there was so much hype around the guy..

then i remembered.. the hype was all coming from KJs mouth.

The_Philster
01-19-2004, 06:24 PM
ahahahaha...

so true man.. looking at his career numbers, it just amazes me why there was so much hype around the guy..

then i remembered.. the hype was all coming from KJs mouth.

Who could forget the book he wrote after his rookie season? Just Give Me The Damn Ball!
It should have been titled Just Give Me The Damn Headlines!! cause all he has ever wanted is money and fame.

Tatonka
01-19-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Who could forget the book he wrote after his rookie season? Just Give Me The Damn Ball!
It should have been titled Just Give Me The Damn Headlines!! cause all he has ever wanted is money and fame.

he was successful at both though.. cant fault the guy for his self promotion.. he was just never a great wr like he thought he was.

The_Philster
01-19-2004, 06:31 PM
he was successful at both though.. cant fault the guy for his self promotion.. he was just never a great wr like he thought he was.

I think, when they were playing together, you'd have a hard time finding anyone who would take him over Chrebet

Bmax
01-19-2004, 06:59 PM
The bills won't touch the wr position in free agency....with the best wr's in the draft in 10 yrs coming out they will have a shot at a very good player at # 13......Micheal clayton or reggie williams....Plus there is quality depth in rounds 2 and 3 .....

No way will they shell out 3 -5 mill for a guy .. If this was the case they might as well signed peerless last season......Look for them to go the draft route and get a guy who will replace moulds down the road....

Bmax

saviorbledsoe
01-19-2004, 07:37 PM
Trade Mcgahee to Atlanta to get Price back. :)

Ickybaluky
01-19-2004, 08:03 PM
No...but he has a huge salary due in 2004 which the Pats will have to rework in order to keep him.

They can let Law play at his number, they have plenty of room. They would like to re-work the deal, but it isn't a must.

The Pats are right around the cap number now (the final number isn't set), and have a $3M rebate coming from last year. Plus, Antowain Smith is going to have to be cut or re-worked (he has a $500K option bonus and a $2.5M base). Roman Phifer is going to have to be re-done or cut ($3M base). Beyond that, Troy Brown is a contract they make try to deal with ($2.25M, but they may just let him play it out).

However, the Pats are in excellent long-term cap shape. If they get in a pinch, they can go to Brady for a restructure. Law? I guess it is possible, but Milloy was cut because his production was declining while his cap numbers were going up. Law, on the other hand, may have a rising cap number but his production is not declining.

At any rate, if the Pats cut Law it would be because they want to, not because they need to. They are in very good cap shape.

Dozerdog
01-19-2004, 08:10 PM
If the Pats can get by this year's hump- they should be looking good- they have a ton of draft picks still on the roster and they are loaded with picks this season-

You can't underestimate how cheap it is to have players on their first deals. Lookn at the Bills- Clements and Winfield are making peanuts this season.

HenryRules
01-19-2004, 10:05 PM
I'd like us to get Kleinsasser as a FA.

Bert102176
01-20-2004, 10:36 PM
Micheal clayton is he related to Mark Clayton?