PDA

View Full Version : Fitzgerald to enter draft...

Tatonka
01-19-2004, 09:57 AM
NCAA | Fitzgerald to Enter Draft - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 13:42:33 -0800

SportsTicker reports University of Pittsburgh WR Larry Fitzgerald will be declared eligible to enter the 2004 NFL Draft.

if nothing else.. this will move some good players down to us.

Tatonka
01-19-2004, 10:03 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1711902

Dozerdog
01-19-2004, 10:05 AM
Heard that on the boards earlier this week.

Totally agree on the "bumping a guy down" theory.

I wil say this T, doesn't look like Taylor will slip out of the top 10. I have yet to see a mock where this happens. General conensus is that he's gone between 5-8

Devin
01-19-2004, 10:11 AM
crap.

Tatonka
01-19-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Heard that on the boards earlier this week.

Totally agree on the "bumping a guy down" theory.

I wil say this T, doesn't look like Taylor will slip out of the top 10. I have yet to see a mock where this happens. General conensus is that he's gone between 5-8
yeah.. there is a very slim chance that taylor gets past the browns..but things get so shook up on draft day you just never know man.. if big ben goes early to arizona... then say kevin jones runs a 4.4 at the combine.. and detriot decides that they cant pass him up.. ect ect.. if gallery is there for the brown, they will grab him for sure..

the teams that i am primarily concerned about are giants, falcons, and the browns.. and possibly detriot..

my hope is that maybe if he falls to around 8-9, that maybe TD makes a move to go up and get him.

if he is not there.. i would prefer we trade down.

Tatonka
01-19-2004, 10:27 AM
also.. one thing that could REALLY help is if he runs say a 4.6 in the combine or something.. that is usually enough that will bump him down... same thing happened to ed reed.. he ran slow, and people forgot what an incredible player he always was.. and look at him now.

Dozerdog
01-19-2004, 10:40 AM
But Ed Reed didn't have nearly the Hype Taylor has. Reed wasn't considered the top defensive player in hte draft

Tatonka
01-19-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
But Ed Reed didn't have nearly the Hype Taylor has. Reed wasn't considered the top defensive player in hte draft

true.. but you know as well as i do.. the scouts will shoot some guys up the boards (rightfully so in some cases) due to great workout performances, and others drop like crazy.. like boldin.. he, by all rights of his college performances, should have been a 1st rounder.. probably a mid first rounder, but he ran a 4.8.. not once but twice at the combine.. now we all know he is faster than that.. and he has a ton of game speed, but that cost him millions and dropped him to the second round..

now i dont expect anything taylor could do would drop him down to the 2nd.. but we are just talking about him dropping 5 spots maybe..

lets just keep our fingers crossed that he has the flu during the combine. :D

Dozerdog
01-19-2004, 01:06 PM
Most pie-in-the -sky hopes have us getting a Taylor, or one of the Williams at WR, or Winslow......and egad for the thought, Big Ben.....

....But I still beleive all those guys will (barring incarceration or getting shot) will not fall out to us.

The one guy who I'd like to get who should be l lead pipe lock to be there when we draft is Vernon Carey. He's versatile, and the second or third best OL in the draft. Trade down if you can- but even if we can't I'd seriously consider him. Get your Lavalais or a good QB in Rd 2, and a WR or QB in Rd 3.

don137
01-19-2004, 01:08 PM
I agree anything can happen on draft day. Who would of thought that Terrell Suggs would of fallen to the Ravens last year...

Tatonka
01-19-2004, 01:11 PM
i am going to will it to happen.. we will get sean taylor.

ArcticWildMan
01-19-2004, 01:18 PM
Never happen Tatonka(even though I would be ecstatic if it did). Teams have seen how much of an impact Roy Williams has had with Dallas and won't pass up a chance at player who is even better.

justasportsfan
01-19-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

lets just keep our fingers crossed that he has the flu during the combine. :D If busts his knee and he's definitely ours :D

Bert102176
01-19-2004, 04:38 PM
it's great that he entered tha draft but we don't have a hope in hell to get him