PDA

View Full Version : Local Players in the USHL

Sabre Ally
01-19-2004, 10:13 AM
I thought you all might enjoy this article. I moved here from Lincoln Nebraska, home of the USHL Lincoln Stars, so I usually keep an eye on what's going on in that league. :)

Want shot at NHL? Go Midwest, young man

1/19/2004
by Bucky Gleason

Tim Kennedy knew he was a long way from South Buffalo a couple of months ago when he saw a man giving an internal exam to a pregnant cow. The man, Mark Held, owns an 800-acre cattle ranch in Hinton, Iowa, which is just outside Sioux City, or, as far as Kennedy knew, was a wrist shot from nowhere.
"Yeah," Kennedy said with a laugh. "It's totally different than what you would see at Cazenovia Park."

Kennedy met Held in August, when the farmer's family opened its doors to host a player from the United States Hockey League. Kennedy in Iowa was like Paris Hilton in Arkansas. He knew nothing about the place other than the hockey there was better than the hockey here. In August, he waved goodbye to his parents and his senior year at Timon-St. Jude for the only Tier I league in the country.

Full Story (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040119/1053743.asp)

Myers57
01-20-2004, 07:42 AM
get used to the country big guy, thats where I live and have been my entire life!!!