PDA

View Full Version : Pete Prisco Of CBS Sports Line Agrees with WYS, Ranks Bills 19

Bufftp
10-09-2002, 01:11 PM
CBS POWER POLL (http://www.cbssportsline.com/nfl/story/5783904)

Well after reading Prisco's comment its now obvious he reads WYS's posts and puts the Bills at 19.

19 Buffalo Bills
Fun to watch, but they can't stop anybody.

Wys may have a point, and Prisco summs it up in less than 1000 words ;)

WG
10-09-2002, 02:14 PM
1000 words...

LOL

He doesn't have to contend w/ all of you...

;)

WG
10-09-2002, 02:17 PM
Unfortunately, I have a hunch that our passing game isn't going to be quite as huge every week as it's been either and that will result in us losing even more ground between now and the end of the season.

The law of averages suggests that we aren't going to shatter the yardage record by 1,000 yards or something like that.

Also, the honeymoon is now over. Teams have film of Drew in this O and of our young linemen. Good D.C.'s will begin to better defend against our passing game. That's just basic common sense.

They won't completely shut us down, but we aren't going to put up 400 yards each week either. I'm looking for games more on the average of 300 passing yards.

Our ability to win, sadly, will hinge more upon whether or not we find a rushing game. From what the coaches are showing us, I'm not holding my breath.

WG
10-09-2002, 02:19 PM
P.S. I thought I'd beat some of you to the punch:

Prisco's an idiot who knows nothing!

What does he know. He's been wrong before!

That should save a couple of you a post or two...

:D

Bufftp
10-09-2002, 03:21 PM
Most of the NFL experts are wrong, until next week.
If any of them were coaches they'd be fired.
Though I agree with you on the D, I thinks that why we don't have a runing game. We have to move the ball and score tds on every touch, can't risk 3 and outs. (often getting a running game has a couple of short series before it takes hold).

p.s. prisco did it in 8 words ;)

Judge
10-09-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

They won't completely shut us down, but we aren't going to put up 400 yards each week either. I'm looking for games more on the average of 300 passing yards.

Can't complain about that! That would mean a pace of 4800+ yards for the season, and alot of wins.

Novacane
10-09-2002, 03:41 PM
Why do these dummies have power rankings anyway? WHo gives a rats ass about the sportswriters opinions. They are always on the bandwagon of the team thats the hottest team at that time.

Pre-season they were all drooling all over the Rams and Steelers. 2 weeks in it was the Pats and the Broncos. I even heard one guy after week 3 predicting (and he was serious) the Patriots had a great chance to go undefeated this year.

Now it's the Raiders! Most sports writers have penciled them in as the AFC SB team! Lets see those old guys on the Raiders last the season without getting injured before we give them the SB.

THese guys are mostly morons IMO.

Who cares who is rated in the top at week5!

Patrick76777
10-09-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
Why do these dummies have power rankings anyway? WHo gives a rats ass about the sportswriters opinions. They are always on the bandwagon of the team thats the hottest team at that time.

Pre-season they were all drooling all over the Rams and Steelers. 2 weeks in it was the Pats and the Broncos. I even heard one guy after week 3 predicting (and he was serious) the Patriots had a great chance to go undefeated this year.

Now it's the Raiders! Most sports writers have penciled them in as the AFC SB team! Lets see those old guys on the Raiders last the season without getting injured before we give them the SB.

THese guys are mostly morons IMO.

Who cares who is rated in the top at week5!

Well said.

Bufftp
10-09-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
P.S. I thought I'd beat some of you to the punch:

Prisco's an idiot who knows nothing!

What does he know. He's been wrong before!

That should save a couple of you a post or two...

:D
now be fair wys, thats only if he doesn't tell us what we want to hear!

WCoastFin
10-09-2002, 06:07 PM
Prisco is getting his ****t staright! someone must have chin-checked him!

TigerJ
10-09-2002, 07:38 PM
I agree Buffalo has to settle the defensive issues before we can expect to make any kind of move in the power rankings. I do find it a little curious though that Buffalo gets no credit for going toe to toe with the consensus #1 team for 3 quarters before they finally slipped up. So be it. We will be higher than 19 at season's end.

WG
10-09-2002, 08:46 PM
Judge,

"Can't complain about that! That would mean a pace of 4800+ yards for the season, and alot of wins."

Well, w/ 11 games remaining, and Bledsoe already at 1,800 of that, how much do you think he's gonna have? 4,800 final?

That would mean another 3,000 thru 11 games or only an average of about 270/game. W/o a running game, that isn't going to win us many games unless it's the most efficient 270 a week that you've ever seen.

Many are predicting, as am I, that teams are gonna start figuring out what the Raiders did was the way to stop us. Unfortunately for us, most of the teams that we play yet, have the ability and talent to do the same exact thing to us.

Also, and average of 270 means that some games will be below that. I'm thinkin' Drew will have 5,000 to 5,200 yards at season's end. Still not enough to overcome the total lack of defense that we have. I also anticipate some more INTs. At present he's averaged 1 per game. I can see that pace holding although 1 every game is not as bad as 3 in a particular game.

But in order for us to win games, our passing game is gonna have to be nearly flawless. Even then, we haven't always won. Two losses in spite of very good passing outtings. So I think wins are gonna be harder to come by now that the stiffs, Minn., the Jets w/o Martin, and Chicago are past us. We only have three easier games thru the last 11.

I'm thinkin' 5-11 or 6-10 unless something changes real quickly and Henry finds his groove and/or the D goes thru some bizarre transition.

WG
10-09-2002, 08:48 PM
Heck, even Cincy w/ Dillon will pose a threat to us.

We need to really mop the floor w/ Houston this week. A close game isn't going to raise the confidence of this struggling team at all.

There's no reason on earth why this game shouldn't be over by early in the third Q. In any case, if it isn't well in hand by the time the 4th Q starts, then we really suck!