PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best o-lineman in the draft?

Kolbiss
01-19-2004, 05:29 PM
any thoughts:miyagi:

Tatonka
01-19-2004, 05:47 PM
the best olineman in the draft is gallery.. he is the next tony boselli... pre injury..

he is huge.. fast feet.. nasty mean streak... and he was coached by one of the best coaches in college football.. kirk ferentz.. who happened to be a NFL olineman coach as well.. so the learning curve will be much smaller with him.

hands down, he is the best.

Dozerdog
01-19-2004, 05:50 PM
Vernon Carey comes in as a G/T and is a guy who could go as early as 16-17 or as late as early 2nd round.

Miami, FL

BillsMan80
01-19-2004, 05:50 PM
Gallery and Andrews, and no one else is in their league. But we have no chance of getting either as both will be Top 10 picks at least, and maybe even Top 5.

Kolbiss
01-19-2004, 05:53 PM
who is a good o-linemen that could fall in our laps

Dozerdog
01-19-2004, 06:03 PM
Carey- Maybe if we trade down, or just say F it- and pick him- or cross the fingers and hope ha falls to 45th (unlikely NE would pass him up, or the Giants in Rd 2 )

The Spaz
01-19-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Carey- Maybe if we trade down, or just say F it- and pick him- or cross the fingers and hope ha falls to 45th (unlikely NE would pass him up, or the Giants in Rd 2 )

I agree kind of like how Kelsay fell to us last year.

Tatonka
01-19-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I agree kind of like how Kelsay fell to us last year.

still not sure if that is a good thing yet.. :snicker:

Dozerdog
01-19-2004, 06:16 PM
The difference with the Kelsay analogy is that a dozen DE's and DT's were picked ahead of him, so teams were not likely to grab a second.

There won't be half as many O-Linemen scooped up.

The Spaz
01-19-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

still not sure if that is a good thing yet.. :snicker:

Me neither but according to a lot of mock drafts and player rankings he was a steal in the 2nd.

Tatonka
01-19-2004, 06:17 PM
oh.. and doz.. i was saying gallery, simply because he is by far the best Olineman in this draft..

you are correct.. carey is the best that we could hope for at our current position.. and honestly, he fits our needs better, because he is a guard, and the top two guys are clearly tackles.

Dozerdog
01-19-2004, 06:24 PM
I figured the two tackles would be scooped up.... While I'd rather get Taylor , if a couple of my favorites fall, I'm thinking Carey would be a great fall- back guy to get if all else fails.

Tatonka
01-19-2004, 06:28 PM
wouldnt it be incredible to be able to sit in the draft room with the bills team on draft day.. just to hear who we almost drafted and rational behind the picks and stuff..

that would be like a dream come true...

The Spaz
01-19-2004, 06:39 PM
wouldnt it be incredible to be able to sit in the draft room with the bills team on draft day.. just to hear who we almost drafted and rational behind the picks and stuff..

that would be like a dream come true...

I'll be at the draft this year if anyone else wants to come up let me know!:up::beer:

Bmax
01-19-2004, 06:49 PM
gallery and andrews are the best !!!!!

I think we could get a quality lineman in rd 3 or 4.. My guess is the bills go wr in rd 1 and then qb or te in rd 2 then te or ol in rd 3..

Bmax

BillsMan80
01-19-2004, 09:44 PM
Spaz, I'll definately be there again, since the Winfield draft.

TigerJ
01-19-2004, 09:59 PM
I concur on Gallery. He's the best, and a likely top five pick. He'll be a left tackle in the pros. Shawn Andrew is massive and a great athlete he's not as polished as Gallery and will be a right tackle in the pros.

Buffalo could trade down and take Carey, but I don't think that's the likeliest scenario. I don't think they will pick him at 13. There are some other good guards. Justin Smiley, Chris Snee, Stephan Peterman would all be upgrades over Mike Pucillo. Under Jim McNally they probably would play as well as Vernon Carey under some lesser O-line coach.

elltrain22
01-20-2004, 08:52 AM
1. Rob Gallery
2. Shane Andrews
3. Vernon Carey

ryven
01-20-2004, 01:23 PM
carey would be a very nice addition one of the games I saw him in this last season he was just pushing the DL around he is a massive player and going against in practice is a guy like pat williams who would give him some good experience.

R. Rich
01-20-2004, 02:32 PM
.. and honestly, he fits our needs better, because he is a guard, and the top two guys are clearly tackles.

If you're including Shawn Andrews in that statement, he would be a tremendous guard, I think. If he moves inside, it could be like when the Cards moved Leonard Davis inside and he became a dominant force (before injuries).

Ingtar33
01-21-2004, 01:10 AM
Carey is a monster of an OG... at nearly 370... he's basically the guard version of M.Williams... the best part is he can play any position on the OL with the exception of center...

He will most likely pull a R.Brown and go to the pro-bowl his rookie year as a Guard... and likely never miss one again... yes... he's that good. He's an outstanding run blocker, and outstanding pass blocker while playing the interior of the line... sort of iffy while playing tackle though.

If the Bills plan to go out and get a Center in FA, Carey would complete our O-line.

SABURZFAN
01-21-2004, 05:43 AM
carey can play G and T.some may think that he's a reach at 13 but they said the same about levi jones in cincinatti and he looks well on his way to about 10-12 years in the NFL.we need a G and he would be a helluva fixture if he can keep his weight in check.

Tatonka
01-21-2004, 07:33 AM
you have to trade down if carey is the pick.. why wouldnt you.. you could get another 2nd rounder possible and pick up grove who could possibly fall some (centers always do) or maybe someone like lee evans.