X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trithis
    • Jan 2004

History of Drew Bledsoe

It has come out recently that Drew Bledsoe didn't get along with Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick or Charlie Weis. Apparently, Bledsoe had issues with Belichick and Weis opting for Tom Brady as the QB for the remainder of the season after Bledsoe's injury in 2001.

Having followed Bledsoe's career while in New England, it was frustrating to see his lack of development into the quarterback the media tried to make him out to be.

Isn't it interesting that it comes to light that Drew Bledsoe doesn't see things the way three of the top coaches in the NFL do and the one coach he did back (Pete Carroll) is no longer in the NFL for not getting it done.

Should the Bills be preparing for life after Drew or rely on him to decide whether Mularkey coaching ability suits him?
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: History of Drew Bledsoe

Originally posted by trithis
    It has come out recently that Drew Bledsoe didn't get along with Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick or Charlie Weis. Apparently, Bledsoe had issues with Belichick and Weis opting for Tom Brady as the QB for the remainder of the season after Bledsoe's injury in 2001.

Having followed Bledsoe's career while in New England, it was frustrating to see his lack of development into the quarterback the media tried to make him out to be.

Isn't it interesting that it comes to light that Drew Bledsoe doesn't see things the way three of the top coaches in the NFL do and the one coach he did back (Pete Carroll) is no longer in the NFL for not getting it done.

Should the Bills be preparing for life after Drew or rely on him to decide whether Mularkey coaching ability suits him?
    Time will tell, time will tell.....

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

i think i am bledsoed out for a week or two.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• CWOUSARET
        • Aug 2003

Enough on Drew & move on - he's here- he's staying - he's the #1 QB - everyone just get over it.
        "Creativity is more important than Intelligence."

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by CWOUSARET
          Enough on Drew & move on - he's here- he's staying - he's the #1 QB - everyone just get over it.
          agreed... AMEN

Comment

• helmetguy
            Touch the helmet for luck
            • Sep 2002

Smacks of rumor an innuendo.
            Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
            And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Fairway To Green
              • Jul 2002

Re: History of Drew Bledsoe

Originally posted by trithis

If he does not get it done this year he will be the one gone, not Mularkey.

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

Enough on Drew & move on - he's here- he's staying -
                says who? you don't know that. we all have to wait until we get the official word on whether he stays or goes.
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by mybills

says who? you don't know that. we all have to wait until we get the official word on whether he stays or goes.
                  Mike Mularkey said he's staying and is the man at least for this year.

Comment

• Drewpac
                    • Jul 2002

History of Drew Bledsoe:

He played QB.
                    He Sucked His Whole Career.
                    He Retired.

Comment

• kal123
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

I think it's more like :goodbad:

Comment

• BigZ
                        • Sep 2003

Totally agree!

It's time to concentrate on how the scheme / philosophy changes can make him better once MM and Clements work on getting his head back in order.

Comment

• zone
                          No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                          • Oct 2003

This Bledsoe stuff is getting old but I am compelled to answer.

Drew was a work horse for New England for years, he got injured, this injury not only almost ended his career but his god da*$ life. How many of you have dedication to you employer that you would come back after that.

Drew was the franchise QB.
                          Jim Kelly had gotten injured time and time again, and when he came back no matter how well Frank played, he was the starter.

Drew said he was not mad about the fact that they chose Brady over him, but instead of being a standup coach and letting a guy that risked his life for the team know your intentions. They choose the other route, and decided to be scumbags and tell him that he was the starter no matter what.

Drew acted like a stand up guy through the whole process. Imagine what 90% of the players in this league would do. Perfect i.e. Kurt Warner.

I for one would be extremely pissed and would not have handled it the way DB did. If anyone says any different there lying!

So who is wrong a scumbag coach who abandons his team every three years, or a guy that put in years of service to his team through thick and thin.
                          www.blzbus.com

Comment

• zone
                            No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by zielinski
                            Clements work on getting his head back in order.
                            I think this is key.
                            www.blzbus.com

Comment

• pats-were-right
                              Just paint a target on my forehead
                              • Dec 2003

Drew said he was not mad about the fact that they chose Brady over him, but instead of being a standup coach and letting a guy that risked his life for the team know your intentions. They choose the other route, and decided to be scumbags and tell him that he was the starter no matter what.
                              If you're going to slander our coach get the story straight. According to even Bledsoe himself, Bill B. simply told him he would have an opportunity to compete for the starting job. Well golly gee I'm sorry he didn't get the chance - we were too busy WINNING THE FREAKING SUPER BOWL.

Comment

Working...
                              X