PDA

View Full Version : What about.....

Devin
01-20-2004, 11:14 AM
Since i have so many thoughts about this off season and next season i figured id get them out in one go. That and im at work and aside from stare at the hot chick acorss the way from my office....well you get the idea.

Free Agency:
*Assuming Drew re-structures and we have a bit more to play with

WR: Jackson. I have long said this would make a solid addition, longterm. I like TO but aside from a short term deal I dont see his mouth allowing for a long term solution.

DB: Winfield. Wouldnt mind resigning him but the field is so deep this year its not even fair.

OL: A bit tougher, wouldnt mind Woody but thats strictly a matter of his health. Flyyn and Meester wouldnt be terribly bad either at Center. Always liked Stinchcomb out of Oakland.

Draft:

1. Keneche Udezi. I just pray he drops to us, Taylor will be gone, as will Winslow. We can draft fopr depth at TE, but if we sign Jackson we should be pretty solid at WR.

2. Rivers. Future QB, im always a bit of a pecimist so i am not gonna call him "the answer" yet, but considering hes easily the 3rd best QB available and the last 6 superbowl QB's were either undrafted or 4th round/lower im not terribly worried.

3. OL Depth

OUR FA

Campbell signed an extension (4 years I believe?) and if we signed Winfield i think wed be ok. Not saying everyone else is expendable, but we didnt have to many FA this year and we could "make do" without some.

I think this would solve a lot of issues, i am most interested in
seeing how our OL performs under proper supervision, and even more so how Drew performs with proper protection.

Im interested in seeing how both running backs will co-exist, and lastly if we develop an effective pass rush how that will affect our pass defense. We have slowly been getting better at takeaways so I am very anxious to see what we can do if we make any of these moves.

Thoughts?

jchild178
01-20-2004, 02:40 PM
i agree with you on everything

Devin
01-20-2004, 04:21 PM
Thanks, im overwhelmed with the amount of posts thus far on this. lol.

Yeah I think of Udezi (which i think he will) ends up being the beast hes hyped up to be that should make us a big threat as far as pass rush goes.

jchild178
01-20-2004, 04:26 PM
if not a QB or WR i would love to see this guy in Buffalo!

LtBillsFan66
01-20-2004, 04:28 PM
How about Will Smith is Udezi isn't available?

The Spaz
01-20-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
How about Will Smith is Udezi isn't available?

I would go a different route if he was available he is undersized and will either switch to LB or be a situaltional pass rushing DE not an everydown type.

mypoorfriendme
01-20-2004, 05:15 PM
personally, im not sold on either. in the village of the blind, the man with one eye is king (does that apply??). i think the only reason they look so good is because the talent at DE this year is veeery shallow

jchild178
01-20-2004, 05:34 PM
that could be true and you have a pont but 16.5 sacks for udeze has to say something

Devin
01-20-2004, 06:22 PM
yeah i agree it could go either way, but i dont know i kind of have a feeling about him. He could be a pretty powerful presence on that line.

BillsMan80
01-20-2004, 09:27 PM
I am not sold on any DE this year. They all have questions, and none jump out at me as Top 15 selections, or impact players. I think outside of Udeze, none deserve a 1st Round Pick, and Udeze is a 20-30ish type player. None of them will command NFL Double teams IMO.