Will Mike Williams benefit from the new coaching staff??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Will Mike Williams benefit from the new coaching staff??

Arguably the single biggest disappointment last year, besides Bledsoe, was big fat Mike Williams. We all thought this guy would be a superstar, given his size, and dominance in college at the univ. of Texas. Last season he sucked, but will the new coaching staff put some fire under his belt?
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Yes!

Comment

• elltrain22
      • Sep 2003

I say yes too, but then again, i am a believer in the Bills. Here's hoping he does, b/c we sure as h*ll need him too!!
      If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

Williams was a victom of bad coaching on the line last season, I'd move him to left tackle.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• venis2k1
          Youboty can hope
          • Jul 2002

1. im sure a decent LG would help him play better
          2. he is a natural run blocker, thats why we drafted him over mckinnie, KG is an idiot
          3. bledsoes feet being filled with lead dosent help
          4. it was his second year, lets not give up on him
          5. on moving him to LT, that makes no sense, why would you move a struggling player out of his natural positon and expect him to play better.

Comment

• helmetguy
            Touch the helmet for luck
            • Sep 2002

Everyone will benefit from the new coaching staff. This past season has left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. From a personnel standpoint, 2003 was supposed to be the next step up from the 8-8 record of 2002. Counting five missed opportunities for wins (@ Miami, Philly, @ Dallas, Houston, and Indy) the Bills were an 11-5 capable team in the hands of a coaching staff with a 3-13 mentality.
            Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
            And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by venis2k1
              1. im sure a decent LG would help him play better
              2. he is a natural run blocker, thats why we drafted him over mckinnie, KG is an idiot
              3. bledsoes feet being filled with lead dosent help
              4. it was his second year, lets not give up on him
              5. on moving him to LT, that makes no sense, why would you move a struggling player out of his natural positon and expect him to play better.
              Didn't he play left tackle in college, next to Ruben and a run blocker he could learn alot of trade secrets.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
                Didn't he play left tackle in college, next to Ruben and a run blocker he could learn alot of trade secrets.
                No..he played RT in college..Leonard Davis of the Cards was the LT
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                  • Jul 2002

will he be better next year? I hope so
                  did he 'suck'? I'm not so sure on that.
                  Its all about the quest.

Comment

• TedMock
                    • Jul 2002

I totally disagree with saying he sucked. He actually played well, especially on the run. As far as passing downs go, he had a very weak link in Pucillo playing next to him on the inside who constantly got beat. As an Olineman your first duty is to check inside if there's nobody on you. With the TE's only chipping and then going into pattern most of the year and an empty backfield we were constantly in situations with 7 rushing the passer and only the 5 OL in to block. A lot of the pressure came from the corner so people thought that Mike Williams was to blame. If you watch you'll see that in most of those situations it wasn't his responsibility.

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                      • Jul 2002

I say he's a natural all pro perrenial guard. And yes he will benefit greatly.
                      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                        • Apr 2003

i say so far hes a FAT waste of a fourth overall pick, or was it even third? i try to forget
                        the dude abides

Comment

• BillsBoy
                          I will splash the pot whenever the hell I want!
                          • Aug 2002

So do you think with McNally coaching the line, he may shine light on the fact that Pucillo is crap, and needs to reintroduce his arse to the pine?

I think the new staff will make all our young line better, from Big Mike, to Jennings, and can't wait to see who we pick up in FA and the draft. I am eager for next season to start.
                          If you don't like your job, you don't strike; you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

"In the poker game of life, women are the rake. They are the f**kin' rake."

Comment

• HenryRules
                            • Jul 2002

our coaching staff was horrible last year, but it seems that everyone is expecting every player to all of a sudden start playing in near pro-bowl form.

Coaches have a big impact, yes. But I think a lot of people are expecting too much.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

i dont think that he sucked last year at all.. but i also think that with McNally coaching him, that he will only get better.. there is no way that he will play worse than last season.. although, like i said.. i dont think his play last year was horrible like some of you...
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X