PDA

View Full Version : mock # 1

gonzo1105
01-20-2004, 10:29 PM
1 San Diego 4 12- Eli Manning QB Ole Miss- Though I feel Rothesberger is better Manning is number one because of recognition

2. Pittsburgh(Oakland)- Ben Rothesberger QB Miami Ohio- Pittsburgh doesn't pass up the chance to grab the best QB in the draft in this trade with pickup

3 Jacksonville( Arizona)- Larry Fitzgerald WR Pitt- The Jags got a big need at WR and Arizona doesn't really have a big need at this pick

4 N.Y. Giants 4 12- Robert Gallery OT Iowa- The best tackle in the draft gets taken by the team with the worst line in the league

5 Washington 5 11- Steven Jackson RB Oregon State- The first thing Gibbs said was bringing back a big running game and what other way then taking the best RB

6 Detroit 5 11 0 .312 .535- Sean Taylor S Miami- Supposedly rumor has it that the Lions are in love with Taylor and if he makes it will be their pick

7 Atlanta 5 11- Shane Andrews OT Arkansas- With Taylor off the board and their two biggest needs being O-line and secondary the Falcons scoop up Andrews

8 Cleveland 5 11- Kellen Winslow Jr TE Miami- Is it coincidence that Miami OC becomes Browns TE coach....possibly but i dont think so

9 Arizona(Jacksonville)- Kenechi Udeze DE USC- The Cards have a lot of needs and trade down to pick up an extra second and pick up the best DE

10 Houston 5 11- Randy Starks DE/DT Maryland- He fits the description for a DE in a 3-4 and he is the best pick

11 Oakland(Pittsburgh)- Roy Williams WR Texas- Al Davis supposedly loves Williams and wasn't worth the 2nd pick so he trades down and gets an extra second

12 N.Y. Jets 6 10- Derrick Strait CB Oklahoma- Usually the Jets shock their own fans and sort of do but still fill a need and grab Strait over Reggie Williams

13 Buffalo 6 10- Reggie Williams WR Washington- Bills need a good 2nd receiver and Williams can take over as a number one after Moulds leaves

14 Chicago 7 9- Tommy Harris- Usually the Bears go for the bigger DT's but Tommy Harris is too good of a prospect to pass on

15 Tampa Bay 7 9- Kevin Jones RB Virginia Tech- Tampa Bay desperately needs some semblence of offense and Thomas Jones is not a number 1 back

16 San Francisco 7 9- Michael Clayton WR LSU- Clayton is a big target and though Lloyd was an excellent choice last year...Tai Streets might also be gone

17 Cincinnati 8 8- Chris Gamble CB Ohio State- Bengals need to put someone opposite of Tory James and Gamble is an excellent choice

18 New Orleans 8 8- Vince Wilfork DT Miami- The Saints go for some beef up front by taking the best available player and get a good one in Wilfork

19 Minnesota 9 7- D'angelo Hall CB Virginia Tech- Minnesota can use some help at cornerback and take a pretty good one in Hall...Could battle Bates for the PR job

20 Miami 10 6- J.P Losman QB Tulane- Losman jumps into the first rounds as Marino see that Fiedler isn't the future and takes the best QB on the board

21 New England (From Baltimore*)- Karlos Dansby LB Auburn- The first LB off the board and could replace one of the agin LB's on the pats and go nicely across from Colvin when he is back

22 Dallas 10 6 0- D.J Williams LB Miami- Williams usually likes bigger backers but Williams is a stud and goes in nicely with that defense

23 Seattle 10 6- Will Smith DE Ohio State- Smith drops down to the Seahawks. A lot are high on Smith....i'm not

24 Denver 10 6- Ben Troupe TE Florida- Sharpe is gone after this year and they replace him with his replica

25 Green Bay 10 6- Phillip Rivers QB NCSU- Yup even Rivers jumps in the first round and the pack take the QB of the future

26 St. Louis 12 4- Vernon Carey G Miami - With Timmerman leaving the Rams pick up this solid guard and could become a real good one

27 Tennessee 12 4- David Ball DE UCLA- With the Titans so cap strapped and Kearse being a FA next year and Carter aging Ball is the next best DE

28 Kansas City 13 3- Lee Evans WR Wisconsin- The chiefs dont have a signature WR so they take the burner from Wisconsin

29 Philadelphia 12-4- Rashaun Woods WR OSU- Problems of separation have caused him to slip and if anyone watched the NFC title game the philly receivers are atrocious

30 Indianapolis- Nathan Vasher CB Texas- Vasher could be a #2 opposite of Macklin..Vasher is definetely better then whoever they got over there now

31 New England- Jake Grove C Virginia Tech- With Damien Woody a FA he provides the insurance whether Woody is back or not

32 Carolina- Stephen Peterman G LSU- Carolina has built up their defense and obviously have a good enough RB and QB and they built this team around big men so why not one more

Bills 2nd round- Duante Robinson CB South Carolina
Bills 3rd Round- Nick Leckey C Kansas State
Bills 4th Round- Matt Schaub QB Virginia

Post #1
Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Originally posted by gonzo1105
1 San Diego 4 12- Eli Manning QB Ole Miss- Though I feel Rothesberger is better Manning is number one because of recognition

2. Pittsburgh(Oakland)- Ben Rothesberger QB Miami Ohio- Pittsburgh doesn't pass up the chance to grab the best QB in the draft in this trade with pickup

3 Jacksonville( Arizona)- Larry Fitzgerald WR Pitt- The Jags got a big need at WR and Arizona doesn't really have a big need at this pick

4 N.Y. Giants 4 12- Robert Gallery OT Iowa- The best tackle in the draft gets taken by the team with the worst line in the league

5 Washington 5 11- Steven Jackson RB Oregon State- The first thing Gibbs said was bringing back a big running game and what other way then taking the best RB

6 Detroit 5 11 0 .312 .535- Sean Taylor S Miami- Supposedly rumor has it that the Lions are in love with Taylor and if he makes it will be their pick

7 Atlanta 5 11- Shane Andrews OT Arkansas- With Taylor off the board and their two biggest needs being O-line and secondary the Falcons scoop up Andrews

8 Cleveland 5 11- Kellen Winslow Jr TE Miami- Is it coincidence that Miami OC becomes Browns TE coach....possibly but i dont think so

9 Arizona(Jacksonville)- Kenechi Udeze DE USC- The Cards have a lot of needs and trade down to pick up an extra second and pick up the best DE

10 Houston 5 11- Randy Starks DE/DT Maryland- He fits the description for a DE in a 3-4 and he is the best pick

11 Oakland(Pittsburgh)- Roy Williams WR Texas- Al Davis supposedly loves Williams and wasn't worth the 2nd pick so he trades down and gets an extra second

12 N.Y. Jets 6 10- Derrick Strait CB Oklahoma- Usually the Jets shock their own fans and sort of do but still fill a need and grab Strait over Reggie Williams

13 Buffalo 6 10- Reggie Williams WR Washington- Bills need a good 2nd receiver and Williams can take over as a number one after Moulds leaves

14 Chicago 7 9- Tommy Harris- Usually the Bears go for the bigger DT's but Tommy Harris is too good of a prospect to pass on

15 Tampa Bay 7 9- Kevin Jones RB Virginia Tech- Tampa Bay desperately needs some semblence of offense and Thomas Jones is not a number 1 back

16 San Francisco 7 9- Michael Clayton WR LSU- Clayton is a big target and though Lloyd was an excellent choice last year...Tai Streets might also be gone

17 Cincinnati 8 8- Chris Gamble CB Ohio State- Bengals need to put someone opposite of Tory James and Gamble is an excellent choice

18 New Orleans 8 8- Vince Wilfork DT Miami- The Saints go for some beef up front by taking the best available player and get a good one in Wilfork

19 Minnesota 9 7- D'angelo Hall CB Virginia Tech- Minnesota can use some help at cornerback and take a pretty good one in Hall...Could battle Bates for the PR job

20 Miami 10 6- J.P Losman QB Tulane- Losman jumps into the first rounds as Marino see that Fiedler isn't the future and takes the best QB on the board

21 New England (From Baltimore*)- Karlos Dansby LB Auburn- The first LB off the board and could replace one of the agin LB's on the pats and go nicely across from Colvin when he is back

22 Dallas 10 6 0- D.J Williams LB Miami- Williams usually likes bigger backers but Williams is a stud and goes in nicely with that defense

23 Seattle 10 6- Will Smith DE Ohio State- Smith drops down to the Seahawks. A lot are high on Smith....i'm not

24 Denver 10 6- Ben Troupe TE Florida- Sharpe is gone after this year and they replace him with his replica

25 Green Bay 10 6- Phillip Rivers QB NCSU- Yup even Rivers jumps in the first round and the pack take the QB of the future

26 St. Louis 12 4- Vernon Carey G Miami - With Timmerman leaving the Rams pick up this solid guard and could become a real good one

27 Tennessee 12 4- David Ball DE UCLA- With the Titans so cap strapped and Kearse being a FA next year and Carter aging Ball is the next best DE

28 Kansas City 13 3- Lee Evans WR Wisconsin- The chiefs dont have a signature WR so they take the burner from Wisconsin

29 Philadelphia 12-4- Rashaun Woods WR OSU- Problems of separation have caused him to slip and if anyone watched the NFC title game the philly receivers are atrocious

30 Indianapolis- Nathan Vasher CB Texas- Vasher could be a #2 opposite of Macklin..Vasher is definetely better then whoever they got over there now

31 New England- Jake Grove C Virginia Tech- With Damien Woody a FA he provides the insurance whether Woody is back or not

32 Carolina- Stephen Peterman G LSU- Carolina has built up their defense and obviously have a good enough RB and QB and they built this team around big men so why not one more

Bills 2nd round- Duante Robinson CB South Carolina
Bills 3rd Round- Nick Leckey C Kansas State
Bills 4th Round- Matt Schaub QB Virginia

Bert102176
01-20-2004, 10:39 PM
I don't see SD drafting a QB atleast not on day 1I think they will give Brees another shot

Tatonka
01-20-2004, 11:02 PM
yeah.. i dont see the top three picks going that easy.. but, hey man.. great work.. that must have taken some time..

elltrain22
01-20-2004, 11:41 PM
I have heard SD might draft Sean Taylor. Schottenhiemer is really high on this guy, and what coach wouldn't be. Personally, they would be foolish not to draft Manning. Eli Manning is going to make some team very happy, maybe not immediately, but later on down the road.

jchild178
01-21-2004, 12:30 AM
is Reggie Williams better than Rashaun Woods?? i never got a chance to see Reggie Williams play but i did see a game that Rashaun Woods played in and he caught everything that came his way and i mean everything!

Ingtar33
01-21-2004, 12:46 AM
Reggie is a far superior player to Woods... and i can't see the Jets letting him past... Moss isn't the answer, and they would wet themselves if any of the top 3 WRs fell to them.

Lets put it into perspective... Had Roy Williams come out last year, he would have bumped his way into the top 5 picks with Rodgers and Johnson... and in my “book” Reggie and Roy graded out nearly identically, any mock draft that doesn't have Roy, Reggie and Larry gone in the top 10 is simply wrong...

The_Philster
01-21-2004, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by gonzo1105

Who said Moulds was leaving anytime soon? :scratch:

lordofgun
01-21-2004, 08:48 AM
Nice job Gonzo!

elltrain22
01-21-2004, 10:07 AM
i really don't think the Bills will spend their first pick on a WR. They have seen that they need a WR who already knows how to play in the NFL. I really feel that they will go after an o lineman if a legitimate one is available.

Earthquake Enyart
01-21-2004, 10:19 AM
I haven't seen a guard or center rated high enough to take with the 13th pick. Either trade up for one of the stud QB's or trade down and get a guard like Carey.

gonzo1105
01-21-2004, 11:37 AM
Moulds leaving comment has to do with when he retires he's not young anymore.

Akhippo
01-21-2004, 12:42 PM
With WRs taking at least two years to even be productive drafting a #1 this year would be perfect timing to replace Moulds.

Demon
01-21-2004, 02:01 PM
I don't think Will Smith will drop to #23. I don't even think he will drop from the top 10, but if he does, i am praying he lands in Buffalo at #13.

Demon
01-21-2004, 02:03 PM
And BTW, i agree with SD drafting Eli Manning. They messed up a few years ago and drafted Ryan Leaf ahead of Peyton Manning, so i don't think they will let another Manning get by.

Novacane
01-21-2004, 04:05 PM
From what my budy in AZ is telling me Denny Green is making no secrets he covets Manning so I don't see them trading down. Of course it could be a big charade to hide who he really wants.

TigerJ
01-21-2004, 04:59 PM
I have heard too that San Diego covets Sean Taylor, but that they are likely to trade down rather than pick him #1. If they do draft at #1 I think Manning is the guy.

I think most draftniks would flip flop Tommy Harris and Randy Starks. It is also said of Tommy Harris that he would make a great DE in the 3-4.

McClane
01-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Demon
And BTW, i agree with SD drafting Eli Manning. They messed up a few years ago and drafted Ryan Leaf ahead of Peyton Manning, so i don't think they will let another Manning get by.

SD didn't draft Leaf ahead of Manning...Manning went #1, Leaf #2.

BillsFever
01-21-2004, 05:13 PM
It's too early for mock drafts. Wake me up after FA.