PDA

View Full Version : With our first pick, I think we should draft...

lordofgun
01-21-2004, 08:34 AM
...Maurice Clarett!

:couch:

SABURZFAN
01-21-2004, 08:42 AM
:stupid: :snicker2:

Tatonka
01-21-2004, 08:58 AM
i say we take..

"the best available athlete."

:snicker:

lordofgun
01-21-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i say we take..

"the best available athlete."

:snicker:

As long as it's another RB, I'll be happy. :D

Ebenezer
01-21-2004, 09:05 AM
Howard Dean to give motivational speeches...

clumping platelets
01-21-2004, 09:24 AM
Less run the wishbone :up:

lordofgun
01-21-2004, 09:27 AM
full house :drool:

Ebenezer
01-21-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
Less run the wishbone :up:

Wing T

elltrain22
01-21-2004, 09:57 AM
I wouldn't be surprised considering last year.

Jan Reimers
01-21-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
As long as it's another RB, I'll be happy. :D

But only if he has a bad knee. Who are the seriously injured, potentially great players coming out this year anyway, so I can update my Bills draft board.

Devin
01-21-2004, 11:44 AM
...Maurice Clarett!

:couch:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lordofgun
01-21-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
But only if he has a bad knee. Who are the seriously injured, potentially great players coming out this year anyway, so I can update my Bills draft board.

At least Clarett has no character or integrity! :up:

helmetguy
01-21-2004, 04:05 PM
At least Clarett has no character or integrity! :up:

Sounds like a guy that Al Davis would give up part of his genitalia for!

mypoorfriendme
01-21-2004, 04:58 PM
:rofl: which is why the raiders will trade down and get someone more like kellen winslow and pass on fitzgerald!!!

helmetguy
01-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
:rofl: which is why the raiders will trade down and get someone more like kellen winslow and pass on fitzgerald!!!

Clarett will probably lose his lawsiut to become eligible for the draft, but nothing says he can't go into coaching. The Raiders look like they're having problems filling their HC vacancy. Wouldn't surprise me if Davis didn't hire Clarett as Player/Coach. Nothing Davis ever does surprizes me.

Skatt8011
01-21-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers

Frank Gore- Miami

BADTHINGSMAN
01-21-2004, 10:47 PM
The charges on Clarrett could be dropped to a parking ticket.. If thats the case, he will probably return to the Buckeyes.. Ohio State will need him with Krenzel,Gamble and Jenkins being drafted..IMO I think Clarett returns to Ohio State even if he wins the lawsuit to be draft eligable..

Jan Reimers
01-22-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Skatt8011
Frank Gore- Miami

You're right, and he was ahead of McGahee at one time, as I recall. He's now my new favorite to join TD's "best player available" club.

helmetguy
01-22-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by silent_one
The charges on Clarrett could be dropped to a parking ticket.. If thats the case, he will probably return to the Buckeyes.. Ohio State will need him with Krenzel,Gamble and Jenkins being drafted..IMO I think Clarett returns to Ohio State even if he wins the lawsuit to be draft eligable..

It might not be as easy as all that. There's still the inquiry into whether Clarett was involved in any academic improprieties, as well. How that all shakes out is anyone's guess but, at the same time, should Clarett decide to return to Ohio State, he'll be a lightening rod for some intense scrutiny from the NCAA. If there is any question at all about Clarett's academic credibility, OSU will probably not be an option for him. His best bet is to enroll in a JUCO program until he is eligible for the draft and take his chances like everyone else. Prediction: When or if he ever makes it to the NFL, he'll be one of the most celbrated busts since Brian Bosworth. This is not a very smart individual.

lordofgun
01-22-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
It might not be as easy as all that. There's still the inquiry into whether Clarett was involved in any academic improprieties, as well. How that all shakes out is anyone's guess but, at the same time, should Clarett decide to return to Ohio State, he'll be a lightening rod for some intense scrutiny from the NCAA. If there is any question at all about Clarett's academic credibility, OSU will probably not be an option for him. His best bet is to enroll in a JUCO program until he is eligible for the draft and take his chances like everyone else. Prediction: When or if he ever makes it to the NFL, he'll be one of the most celbrated busts since Brian Bosworth. This is not a very smart individual.

:nerd: