X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

What about Josh Reed??

It is my sincere hope that this guy can finally prove himself in the NFL. MM did have success at turning Plaxico Burress into a good WR, who's to say that he couldn't do the same for Reed. We all saw, briefly, that Reed does possess the potential to be and effective go to reciever, the question is can he ever become consistent?
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...
  • zone
    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
    • Oct 2003

Reed is a good reciever da%n good, but slot reciever only I think.
    www.blzbus.com

Comment

• zone
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by elltrain22
      the question is can he ever become consistent?
      he was in 2002 he never droped balls, all throught his college career too he was automatic. I think the pressure was too much for him last year.
      www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

he didnt play well early.. but snapped out of it.. then drew started playing so bad that it didnt matter..

reed will be fine.. he is a good young prospect.. we cant expect him to be moulds in year two... he will be great this year.. mark it down.

hopefully we will see some more of aiken too.. he was starting to look decent before he got hurt.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• zone
          • Oct 2003

I think aiken blew it..... I would like to see more of Coleman.
          www.blzbus.com

Comment

• juice
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by zone
            he was in 2002 he never droped balls, all throught his college career too he was automatic. I think the pressure was too much for him last year.
            He progressed during the season after a shakey start, he became more dependable as an option across the middle. Ability to catch the ball in traffic is invalueable but isn't the same as a deep threat.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

I think aiken blew it..... I would like to see more of Coleman.
              .. are you kidding me???

a fourth round WR blew it by getting hurt after playing well in several games?

glad you arent the gm..

so i guess your ready to cut him now? rofl..

coleman blew it by not beating out aiken even though he has been in the system here for a few years.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

When you think about it, we have 2 young recievers with great potential in Reed and Aiken - maybe we don't draft a WR in the 1st round, but see if MM and Clements can develop these guys.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• zone
                  • Oct 2003

Every time I can rember aiken being in there and we needed a big play he dropped the ball. I think the oposite happened with coleman. Maybee it just seemed that way.....

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  .. are you kidding me???

a fourth round WR blew it by getting hurt after playing well in several games?

glad you arent the gm..

so i guess your ready to cut him now? rofl..

coleman blew it by not beating out aiken even though he has been in the system here for a few years.
                  www.blzbus.com

Comment

• juice
                    • Aug 2003

Every time I can rember aiken being in there and we needed a big play he dropped the ball. I think the oposite happened with coleman. Maybee it just seemed that way.....
                    They both played OK neither showed anything special. Might be time tobring in some competition. Orande Gadsten from Miami is a baller.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

I say we need to get another big time receiver to compliment Moulds and Reed and to replace Moulds in a few years. We all saw how well our O worked with Peerless in here and how bad it was without him.

Comment

• zone
                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by juice
                        They both played OK neither showed anything special. Might be time tobring in some competition. Orande Gadsten from Miami is a baller.
                        is he even a starter there anymore?
                        www.blzbus.com

Comment

• helmetguy
                          Touch the helmet for luck
                          • Sep 2002

If we're going to bring a "big time " WR, wouldn't you expect that we'd have to pay him "big time" bucks, too? It may sound like doing business on the cheap but, a lower profile WR might be a better option in that what is saved on the WR can be used elsewhere, to address other needs; no to mention depth.
                          Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                          And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            reed will be fine.. he is a good young prospect.. we cant expect him to be moulds in year two... he will be great this year.. mark it down.
                            Agreed, i have always been high on Reed think hes a great prospect and will be an excellent #2 guy.

Remember lads it takes a couple years to develope most the time but when he does.......watch out.
                            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• ryven
                              • Jan 2003

I am still trying to figure out why Josh cant play the slot and still be the #2 reciever? A. Reed played slot and he was our #1 guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X