X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Why can't McGee play free safety??

the guy was a free safety in college.. he is fast.. has good hands.. but they have moved him to CB..

so now, kevin thomas, who was showing alot of promise at the end of his rookie year in 2002, is bumped back to 4th string..

why not just keep McGee at his natural position.. free safety??

doesnt make any sense to me.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • zone
    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
    the guy was a free safety in college.. he is fast.. has good hands.. but they have moved him to CB..

so now, kevin thomas, who was showing alot of promise at the end of his rookie year in 2002, is bumped back to 4th string..

why not just keep McGee at his natural position.. free safety??

doesnt make any sense to me.

I don't care what position we have him at but we need him on the field. He is a big play maker for sure.
    www.blzbus.com

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

Wasn't Pucillo a center in college? I bet he'd be better than Teague! If not, we need to draft one. Put Teague somewhere else on the line, since he's more worried about the guy in front of him than he is snapping to the guy behind him.

mybills Teague
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

kevin thomas was horrible last year...he could have been nicknamed toast...he should be lucky to be #4...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I originally thought we planned to use him at safety, but I believe he was thought to be a little on the small side by the old coaching staff - which hasn't changed much on D.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• zone
            No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            kevin thomas was horrible last year...he could have been nicknamed toast...he should be lucky to be #4...
            I agree....
            www.blzbus.com

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

McGee only played FS do to injuries and that was only for his senior year.I really don't care where he plays as long as he sees action. MyBills Pucillo did play center a few times but is a a natural guard.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Thomas had one good game 2 years ago (greenbay) and everyone thought he was the man. I wasn't convinced and he didn't look too good last year. I am not saying he couldn't be a decent player but I haven't seen enough of him (or Mcghee for that matter) to make me feel better about getting rid of AW.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

well.. we obviously need to sign AW or a FA cb.. but mcgee should be in at FS.. then in nickle and dime situations, you bring in wire to be the FS and move mcgee back to cb or whatever.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• shelby
                    The Vanilla admin
                    • Jul 2002

Wire should be FS. Period.

Comment

• Winfield_26
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

But if you put Wire in at FS on passing defenses then how does that help us to create more turnovers?? If anything Reese has better hands than Wire.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Winfield_26
                        But if you put Wire in at FS on passing defenses then how does that help us to create more turnovers?? If anything Reese has better hands than Wire.

your probably right... but mcgee has better hands than reese.. and is faster.. i dont get it.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

If AW or another cb is signed it may not be a bad idea then.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

i mean it is stupid to think that if you are a good cb that you should be very good at FS?

free safety is not responsible for run stuffing.. all he has to do is sit back and read the qb.. have the speed to get from side to side on the field.. so it would seem you would want the fastest guy with the best hands out there.. a guy with good insticts.

Comment

• Winfield_26
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

All Im saying is that if you move McGee to FS then be prepared for us to go for a CB on day 1 b.c we will need a new nickle or dime back. Thomas hasnt showed anything to me. Sidney wont cut it. Id be all for the move to FS for McGee question is whos gonna play CB then...I dont know if I like the idea of having 2 new CBs and a new FS in our defensive packages on a 3rd and 7.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X