PDA

View Full Version : My updated mock draft scenario

Tatonka
01-21-2004, 09:57 PM
I am sure this will change 100 times before the draft.. here goes.

*note - I am assuming that Sean Taylor will be long gone, as there is a possibility that he may go as early as first overall to San Diego... if by some grace of God he fall near spot number 10.. you have to move up and grab him.. but it is getting more and more unlikely that it could happen. Plus, wet dreams never come true, and ST would be the equivelant of my football wet dream.. :up: So, with that in mind..

1st round pick- TRADE DOWN - selection Guard Vernon Carey

With someone like Udeze still on the board, Minnesota makes a trade and give up their second round pick, to go with their first rounder at spot number 19. We move down and take Guard Vernon Carey. A guy that could help solidify the right side of our line immediately. Another guy to consider here would be Michael Clayton WR from LSU or Quarterback J.P. Losman. Clayton would fit well with his buddy Reed. A Losman pick would change the third round options, but he has done well at the senior bowl so far, showing a live arm and accuracy. Either pick would probably piss Miami off as well, since they are probably eyeing both need positions. :snicker:

2nd round pick - selection Center Jake Grove

All stud center from Virginia Tech. By far the best center in the draft, and easily compairable to Jeff Faine selected last year in the late first round by cleveland, just before we grabbed McGahee. He is mean, nasty, rough, and smart.. not to mention strong, fast (for a big man), and agile. He can do it all, pull, run block, and pass block. This fills all our needs on the line with the previous Carey pick. Another guy to consider at this spot would be Stuart Schweigert, safety from Purdue. Ball hawk, smart, fiesty.. Kurt Shultz type.

2nd round pick - selection Defensive Tackle Chad Lavalais

My boy from LSU. I have been hyping this guy all offseason and i am not gonna quit now. The guy has been performing great at the Senior Bowl, which is no surprise, because he has been doing it for 4 years at LSU. He would learn from 2 of the best and be an immediate impact on pass rushing downs with his knack for penetrating the line, much like Pat Williams. Another guy to consider here would be Isaac Sopoaga, DT from Hawaii. He is really coming on in the senior bowl practices this week. quoted as looking like a man among boys. He can collapse a pocket and is as good at penitration as he is run stuffing.

3rd round pick - selection Quarterback Phillip Rivers

My favorite qb in the draft from NCSt. It is a definate possibility that the guy goes in the second round, but just call it a gut feeling. I think that enough teams will be worried about his mechanics to let him fall some. The reports from the senior bowl are questioning his timing on deep routes.. I find that funny, considering he is throwing to guys he has never played with before. I hope his stock keeps coming down. I wouldnt consider it a far stretch to see him here at this pick. If he is gone by the 3rd round, this pick becomes Josh Harris, quarterback from Bowling Green, who should definately be available at this point. If a qb is taken in the first round, the pick becomes Guard Shannon Snell, who is a run blocking beast, and with McNally's tutoring, has all the phyical skills to be a great pass blocker as well.

this solves our DL and OL line issues, bar LDE, which I think may be better suited with a free agent pick up and a hope that Kelsay keeps developing. There are no DE's, other than Udeze, who is a potential pick more than a stats pick, that are worth taking early, imho. This draft will also resolve our "who's the qb of the future" debate too.. but should provide for some lively "should we bench drew" debates during the season... which are likely to come regardless of if we draft a qb or not :snicker:...

anyways.. comments are always welcome. :knock:

Tatonka
01-21-2004, 10:10 PM
ps.. with as good as the depth in this draft looks.. how do you think the Texans are feeling about forfitting the first pick of the 2nd round by selecting Tony Hollings in the supplimental draft?

:D

The Spaz
01-21-2004, 10:25 PM
I love that mock draft.:drool::hump: As much as I like it I don't think Rivers will be there in the 3rd. As far as the texans they really have to feel stupid now they have Domanick Davis already. That may seem a lot liek us but they have way more needs than we do.

Tatonka
01-21-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I love that mock draft.:drool::hump: As much as I like it I don't think Rivers will be there in the 3rd. As far as the texans they really have to feel stupid now they have Domanick Davis already. That may seem a lot liek us but they have way more needs than we do.

they were saying the same thing about chris simms last year. i am telling you.. the throwing mechanics thing will DEFINATELY scare some teams off.. and so will his "lack of arm strength"... people forget sometimes how good guys like him actually play and pay attention to the combine figures and practice results...

but nothing in a mock draft can be totally right.. or i would change my name to miss cleo.. i just tried to make it good for us, but realistic at the same time.. it would require some luck, but it is not out of the realm of possibility by any means.

The Spaz
01-21-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

they were saying the same thing about chris simms last year. i am telling you.. the throwing mechanics thing will DEFINATELY scare some teams off.. and so will his "lack of arm strength"... people forget sometimes how good guys like him actually play and pay attention to the combine figures and practice results...

but nothing in a mock draft can be totally right.. or i would change my name to miss cleo.. i just tried to make it good for us, but realistic at the same time.. it would require some luck, but it is not out of the realm of possibility by any means.

Make it so!:ebenezer: :freddy:

Tatonka
01-21-2004, 10:30 PM
oh.. and regardless...even if rivers is gone, or we take losman earlier.. harris or snell are VERY realistic options left over... you could even add the Georgia TE Ben Watson in there with the 3rd rounder as another smart option.

The Spaz
01-21-2004, 10:32 PM
oh.. and regardless...even if rivers is gone, or we take losman earlier.. harris or snell are VERY realistic options left over... you could even add the Georgia TE Ben Watson in there with the 3rd rounder as another smart option.

I love Ben Watson. The guy runs a 4.45 and is 6-3 250-260. He has potential that's for sure.

Tatonka
01-21-2004, 10:33 PM
lonnie johnson had potential too. :snicker:

The Spaz
01-21-2004, 10:35 PM
lonnie johnson had potential too. :snicker:

Quiet!:chair: Ben Watson will be good mark that down. I hated the Lonnie Johnson pick!:grind:

Tatonka
01-21-2004, 10:40 PM
want to mention ingtar, as he gave me some insite into a couple of these guys too.. thanks bud.. if you want me to, i will post what you pm'ed me. i didnt want to without your ok though.

The Spaz
01-21-2004, 10:42 PM
All hail ingtar!:clap::beer:

Tatonka
01-22-2004, 07:31 AM
what do the rest of yoose guys think?

ryven
01-22-2004, 07:45 AM
I like your mock draft I am starting to like Losman more and more. The only reason I can see us not picking rivers is that if I am correct he said he was going to look for a QB first day but every thing is very realistic.

The Spaz
01-22-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by ryven
I like your mock draft I am starting to like Losman more and more. The only reason I can see us not picking rivers is that if I am correct he said he was going to look for a QB first day but every thing is very realistic.

Rivers is a first day QB to be drafted.

Tatonka
01-22-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by ryven

the third round is the absolute latest that rivers will be drafted.. so he will be a first day qb.

DraftBoy
01-22-2004, 07:49 AM
your 2nd round pick of Grove seems more bias then realistic. While he is a great OC, we have greater needs now, especially since we will prolly sign somebody in FA for the OL. We could move Jennings inside or Sobeiski could also do it. While I like Grove, I dont want him unless we pick up that extra 2nd we get in your mock. I would also love to nab Carey at #19. If we have to trade down further Id want Losman out of Tulane. The rest of the draft looks great, but the 2nd round pick of Grove is just too risky in my opinion since the problem could be fixed without lifting a finger.

The Spaz
01-22-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
your 2nd round pick of Grove seems more bias then realistic. While he is a great OC, we have greater needs now, especially since we will prolly sign somebody in FA for the OL. We could move Jennings inside or Sobeiski could also do it. While I like Grove, I dont want him unless we pick up that extra 2nd we get in your mock. I would also love to nab Carey at #19. If we have to trade down further Id want Losman out of Tulane. The rest of the draft looks great, but the 2nd round pick of Grove is just too risky in my opinion since the problem could be fixed without lifting a finger.

Give us your realistic and perfect draft scenario.

Earthquake Enyart
01-22-2004, 08:01 AM
Pig Prather might be there in round 3.

I agree with you T. I'm starting think they will trade down too. Don't know if they can get a 2nd to do it though.

The Spaz
01-22-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

I agree with you T. I'm starting think they will trade down too. Don't know if they can get a 2nd to do it though.

Umm Pig Prather was drafted in 2002.He's on the bengals.:up::beer:

elltrain22
01-22-2004, 08:54 AM
If we trade down, and if we draft a o lineman, we should take Andrews or Gallery, but Charey would be okay. I still think we will take a DE w/ our first pick, regardless. Nice choice w/ Rivers.

DraftBoy
01-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by elltrain22
If we trade down, and if we draft a o lineman, we should take Andrews or Gallery, but Charey would be okay. I still think we will take a DE w/ our first pick, regardless. Nice choice w/ Rivers.

Trade down and get Gallery and Andrews? No way they last past pick 10 dude. Maybe you thought he said trade up???

DraftBoy
01-22-2004, 09:35 AM

Give us your realistic and perfect draft scenario.

Im not gonna assume any trades as they are too hard to perdict Im just gonna go with our picks as is...

Round 1: DE Udezei, USC
Round 2: DT Lavalais, LSU
Round 3: OG/OC Leckey, K St.
Round 4: FS Everage, OU
Round 5: QB Kent, Jackson St.
Round 6: WR Jonathan Smith, GT
Round 7: CB Thorton, UGA

If that was our draft I would be extremly excited. Everage is a reach in the 4th but he is having a rather avg showing in the Senior Bowl practices. Thorton also is a reach in the 7th, but Smith could also go in round 7 and we pick up Thorton in the 6th. Just a rough sketch for the moment Ill know more after the combine.

Tatonka
01-22-2004, 10:53 AM

rofl.. pig is in the nfl already, goofball... and as far as getting a second for trading down.. we did the exact same thing with tampa bay just 3 years ago.. that is how we got the extra henry pick.

Originally posted by elltrain22

elltrain, gallery and andrews are both tackles.. which we dont need, and they will also both be gone probably before they even get to pick 13, let alone if we traded down. they are the 2 best olineman in the draft.

i dont think my pick of grove is biased at all.. he is the best center in the draft, bar none. he will be drafted late 1st to mid second for sure.. so i am picking him in the right spot, and we need a center.. teague sucks.. jennings wasnt smart enough to play center.. and then we have no tackle if he moves there anyways.. sobieski couldnt even get on the field with all the injuries we had last year... i think it is a very realistic pick.. the only one that may be better than him that is available in free agency is woody.. and we have a better chance of drafting a center than getting a good one in FA...

Tatonka
01-22-2004, 10:55 AM
Im not gonna assume any trades as they are too hard to perdict Im just gonna go with our picks as is...

If that was our draft I would be extremly excited. Everage is a reach in the 4th but he is having a rather avg showing in the Senior Bowl practices. Thorton also is a reach in the 7th, but Smith could also go in round 7 and we pick up Thorton in the 6th. Just a rough sketch for the moment Ill know more after the combine.

everage has also been arrested for 2 dui's, and possession of weed, to go with drunk in public charges.. all on different occasions.. he has major major character issues.. and that is one of the reasons he wasnt a higher pick.

the dude
01-22-2004, 11:06 AM
hey T

I too was a fan of Losman from everything I heard about his skills. However, I am rethinking my position after reading several scouting reports talking about him as a stats guy. Some arrogance is good for a QB - his sounds waaayyyy too much like Ryan Leaf syndrome. Even comments at the senior bowl talk about how he just wants to throw the ball long all the time to show off his arm. At least half a dozen scouts' reports on him seem to imply that he would be a very risky pick because he doesn't have a good sense for team success. In fact, other than the typical fan mayhem over "Joe QB" would be a perfect fit for "Joe team", general consensus on the QBs seems to imply only 1 elite QB out there - and that is Manning. Ben R is considered a great skills guy that will need time to adjust, Phillip Rivers (my pick too) as a kid without a great arm and bad mechanics, Losman as a head case waiting to happen, Josh Harris as a product of the system - there's such a crapshoot to this picking a QB thing, I hope TD doesn't take anybody till the 3rd round.

Has Ingtar given his taken on the QB class yet? I'm curious who he thinks would be a good fit at this point ...

THATHURMANATOR
01-22-2004, 11:24 AM

Why all the D in rnds 1 and 2 when our offense is in shambles?

I like Udezei in round 1 but not two d linemen in the first 2 rounds

R. Rich
01-22-2004, 11:27 AM
Nice job, Tatonka.

I'm thinking a trade down will be the best way to go, too. If they do, I'd hope Vernon Carey would be a target. If they don't trade down, I really hope they draft Vince Wilfork (if he falls to 13). This guy is a major player and would be a nice upgrade to the middle of the DL. If we get the help that we need for the interior of the OL in free agency (a good G and C), then we have the luxury of taking a guy like Wilfork, who probably would be the best player available at that point.

Who is this Lavalais guy you keep talking about? (hahahaha!!!!)

As for the QB issue, if we do trade down, I hope we draft Phillip Rivers with a 2nd round pick (if he's still on the board, of course). If Rivers isn't there, then we should look at Cody Pickett. Another guy I've been pretty high on after learning a lot about him is Robert Kent of Jackson State. I think he could be a 4th round steal (I don't think he'll last past the 4th, but you never know).

Overall, not bad. I like your first few rounds more than I like the slew of "WR/TE/QB" mocks I've seen on the boards. Anything but that!!!

The Spaz
01-22-2004, 11:40 AM
Hey The Dude where have you seen these Losman comments do you have links to them because I would like to read them myself. I beleive but really would like to see for myself.

Tatonka
01-22-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by the dude
hey T

I too was a fan of Losman from everything I heard about his skills. However, I am rethinking my position after reading several scouting reports talking about him as a stats guy. Some arrogance is good for a QB - his sounds waaayyyy too much like Ryan Leaf syndrome. Even comments at the senior bowl talk about how he just wants to throw the ball long all the time to show off his arm. At least half a dozen scouts' reports on him seem to imply that he would be a very risky pick because he doesn't have a good sense for team success. In fact, other than the typical fan mayhem over "Joe QB" would be a perfect fit for "Joe team", general consensus on the QBs seems to imply only 1 elite QB out there - and that is Manning. Ben R is considered a great skills guy that will need time to adjust, Phillip Rivers (my pick too) as a kid without a great arm and bad mechanics, Losman as a head case waiting to happen, Josh Harris as a product of the system - there's such a crapshoot to this picking a QB thing, I hope TD doesn't take anybody till the 3rd round.

Has Ingtar given his taken on the QB class yet? I'm curious who he thinks would be a good fit at this point ... i would have to see some of those reports.. not calling you a liar, but everything that i have read has losman doing very well at the senior bowl... i have read that he was cocky.. but never anything about him being a stats guy, and i find it hard to believe that he woudl be running around in practice shouting about his numbers... why would he jepordize his draft status like that.. he has a chance to be a first round pick.. besides.. i am sure that if we actually drafted the guy, those concerns would be squashed by TD and company.. and he was my back up pick anyways :D

Ingtar is actually big on Clausen for us...

and just a side note.. Big Ben is every bit as much of an elite prospect as manning.. manning gets alot of credit because of his name as much as his skills.. imho.. but i wouldnt take a qb that high.. no matter what.

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Why all the D in rnds 1 and 2 when our offense is in shambles?

I like Udezei in round 1 but not two d linemen in the first 2 rounds

because they are all need spots.. you go for the best available player i guess.. i am not uncomfortable with that scenario, as long as we solve some issues via FA before that point.

Originally posted by R. Rich
Nice job, Tatonka.

I'm thinking a trade down will be the best way to go, too. If they do, I'd hope Vernon Carey would be a target. If they don't trade down, I really hope they draft Vince Wilfork (if he falls to 13). This guy is a major player and would be a nice upgrade to the middle of the DL. If we get the help that we need for the interior of the OL in free agency (a good G and C), then we have the luxury of taking a guy like Wilfork, who probably would be the best player available at that point.

Who is this Lavalais guy you keep talking about? (hahahaha!!!!)

As for the QB issue, if we do trade down, I hope we draft Phillip Rivers with a 2nd round pick (if he's still on the board, of course). If Rivers isn't there, then we should look at Cody Pickett. Another guy I've been pretty high on after learning a lot about him is Robert Kent of Jackson State. I think he could be a 4th round steal (I don't think he'll last past the 4th, but you never know).

Overall, not bad. I like your first few rounds more than I like the slew of "WR/TE/QB" mocks I've seen on the boards. Anything but that!!!

about wilfolk.. i am not real sold on him at all to be honest.. there are several guys ranked below him that i like more.. including Lavalais, the Hawaii DT whose name escapes me right now, and even Darnell Dockett from Florida state.. he may be very good.. but i see gerard warren (who went high to the browns and hasnt produced nearly as much as he should have)

rivers - :up:

pickett - several reports are talking about how shakey he was with his accuracy. i would much rather have an accurate qb who cant launch it 80 yards... and a guy with an inaccurate arm who is gonna throw picks... i would take matt mauck over pickett, personally...

DraftBoy
01-22-2004, 12:22 PM

everage has also been arrested for 2 dui's, and possession of weed, to go with drunk in public charges.. all on different occasions.. he has major major character issues.. and that is one of the reasons he wasnt a higher pick.

Yea he does have some major character flaws as you have pointed out but the kid also has 1st round talent. I think Mularkey is a no nonsense type coach and will be a stict guy. I like Brandon on the field as he plays. Hes a ballhawk and can hit which is a rare talent for a FS. Eric Moulds was considered a trouble maker in college too but we took him and look how its turned out for us. Granted he did less, but still if the kid can prove hes clean and can stat clean then why not take a shot hes got major talent. After Taylor and Jones the FS class is really a crap shoot for talent but we definetly need to pick one b.c the FA's arent much better.

DraftBoy
01-22-2004, 12:25 PM

i dont think my pick of grove is biased at all.. he is the best center in the draft, bar none. he will be drafted late 1st to mid second for sure.. so i am picking him in the right spot, and we need a center.. teague sucks.. jennings wasnt smart enough to play center.. and then we have no tackle if he moves there anyways.. sobieski couldnt even get on the field with all the injuries we had last year... i think it is a very realistic pick.. the only one that may be better than him that is available in free agency is woody.. and we have a better chance of drafting a center than getting a good one in FA...

I said grove was a good pick, but only imo if we get an extra 2nd. I see OG as a bigger need then OC at the moment. Also Price and Sullivan filled in nicely when called upon also. Its not that I dont think Grove is a sure 1st to 2nd rounder I just like Leckey better b.c of his versatility.

Tatonka
01-22-2004, 12:38 PM
Yea he does have some major character flaws as you have pointed out but the kid also has 1st round talent. I think Mularkey is a no nonsense type coach and will be a stict guy. I like Brandon on the field as he plays. Hes a ballhawk and can hit which is a rare talent for a FS. Eric Moulds was considered a trouble maker in college too but we took him and look how its turned out for us. Granted he did less, but still if the kid can prove hes clean and can stat clean then why not take a shot hes got major talent. After Taylor and Jones the FS class is really a crap shoot for talent but we definetly need to pick one b.c the FA's arent much better.

mould was cosidered a "trouble maker" because he ordered a pizza to practice as a joke.. that was blown way out of proportion.. my concern about Everage is that he could potentially have some substance abuse problems.. and alot of times, the strictest coach wont change that.. if we can get him in the 4th round.. i could deal with it.. but nothing on the first day.

The Spaz
01-22-2004, 12:41 PM

mould was cosidered a "trouble maker" because he ordered a pizza to practice as a joke.. that was blown way out of proportion.. my concern about Everage is that he could potentially have some substance abuse problems.. and alot of times, the strictest coach wont change that.. if we can get him in the 4th round.. i could deal with it.. but nothing on the first day.

Exactly with players getting a fat check every week or so there problems will get only worse as they have the funds to support there habits and boyz as well.:chief:

the dude
01-22-2004, 12:50 PM
Hey The Dude where have you seen these Losman comments do you have links to them because I would like to read them myself. I beleive but really would like to see for myself.

huddle report profile (http://thehuddlereport.com/2004DRAFT/profiles/JPLosman.htm)
his profile of Rivers is none too flattering either ...

nfl draft blitz (http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/QBProf04.htm)
Positives: Possesses an excellent all-around package of quarterback skills. Has nice size, a very strong arm and very good mobility. Can throw with both velocity and touch. Has good footwork and a compact delivery. Has excellent upside potential.
Negatives: Doesn’t always read coverages well, especially underneath coverage. Lacks top experience, only started for two seasons in a non-BCS conference. Reports are that he is supremely confident to the point of arrogant, and that could really work against him at the next level.In summary, Losman grades out as a round one player when looking at what he brings physically, but is more of a third or fourth rounder when looking at the mental aspects he brings.

warroom review (http://www.houstonprofootball.com/draft/prospects/losmanj.html)
Losman is still learning how to be a good team leader, but he’s made strides over the past year. He’s quite a talker, and sometimes it seems he talks a little too much. Not lacking confidence, Losman might rub some people the wrong way. And despite all the good scouting reports heaved upon King and Ramsey, neither has yet to really establish himself as a rock steady passer in the NFL. Losman’s college stats pale in comparison to their stats, too.

I tried to do this quick search at work but I'm obviously leaving out a couple other reviews where scouts questioned his attitude - if I run across the other ones I'll post em tonight.

DraftBoy
01-22-2004, 12:55 PM
Ive also read Losman is a cocky kid, but Im not necessairly gonna consider that a negative yet. So far his arm has backed up his mouth fully. A Qb with some confidence is definetly a good thing in my opinion.

The Spaz
01-22-2004, 12:58 PM
Thanks The Dude. Well we'll just have to see then if he lets his ego get the best of him in the Pros then.

Tatonka
01-22-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by the dude
huddle report profile (http://thehuddlereport.com/2004DRAFT/profiles/JPLosman.htm)
his profile of Rivers is none too flattering either ...

nfl draft blitz (http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/QBProf04.htm)
Positives: Possesses an excellent all-around package of quarterback skills. Has nice size, a very strong arm and very good mobility. Can throw with both velocity and touch. Has good footwork and a compact delivery. Has excellent upside potential.
Negatives: Doesn’t always read coverages well, especially underneath coverage. Lacks top experience, only started for two seasons in a non-BCS conference. Reports are that he is supremely confident to the point of arrogant, and that could really work against him at the next level.In summary, Losman grades out as a round one player when looking at what he brings physically, but is more of a third or fourth rounder when looking at the mental aspects he brings.

warroom review (http://www.houstonprofootball.com/draft/prospects/losmanj.html)
Losman is still learning how to be a good team leader, but he’s made strides over the past year. He’s quite a talker, and sometimes it seems he talks a little too much. Not lacking confidence, Losman might rub some people the wrong way. And despite all the good scouting reports heaved upon King and Ramsey, neither has yet to really establish himself as a rock steady passer in the NFL. Losman’s college stats pale in comparison to their stats, too.

I tried to do this quick search at work but I'm obviously leaving out a couple other reviews where scouts questioned his attitude - if I run across the other ones I'll post em tonight.

i appreciate that.

ryven
01-22-2004, 01:45 PM
here what the huddle report said about rivers:

Philip Rivers QB North Carolina St

Strengths
Philip Rivers is an excellent college player. He is an excellent athlete. He has excellent size, is fluid in his movements in and out of the pocket and is as fast as the best TE’s. He has excellent command of the game plan. He makes the players around him better and has good leadership skills.

Needs to Improve
I'm not going to bother with telling you he needs better mechanics because he throws side arm. I am going to tell you that know matter what Philip Rivers does that his arm will never be strong enough to be an NFL STARTING QB. There I said it…go-ahead throw things at me. I can take it.

Bottom Line
Now, stop yelling at the profile guy. I know it is not what you Philip River fans wanted to hear, but it is the truth. He can be an excellent backup QB but not a starter. Please do not fall into the trap of thinking he can play in the west coast offense. To be successful, that offense has to have the threat of a strong arm. Let's be honest, the most success that the WCO has had is with Steve Young and Brett Favre. Contrary to popular belief, Joe Montana had a damn good arm too. If the WCO QB does not have a strong arm, the CB’s will sit on the short routes and in the big games, WCO teams will lose. (See Seattle vs Green Bay playoff game Jan. 4, 2004.) The longer Philip Rivers is on the field, the more problems he will have with interceptions. Now cover your eyes if you are a fan of Philips. Here I go! I feel that Philip has the athletic talent to be an impact pass catching TE in the NFL. If he wants to be an impact player in the NFL, he will have to change positions. He should go in the third or fourth round at the earliest. Please no yelling at the profile guy.

The Spaz
01-22-2004, 01:49 PM
Phillip Rivers never be a starting QB.......Pffff.....wrong!!!!!!!!!:down:

ryven
01-22-2004, 02:03 PM
I like his report on pickett though.http://thehuddlereport.com/2004DRAFT/profiles/CodyPickett.htm

ryven
01-22-2004, 02:04 PM
and figure he will be behind bledsoe for atleast a year.

Tatonka
01-22-2004, 02:18 PM
funny.. i love the guys that say he cant throw deep.. did ANYONE watch his bowl game this year.. his bowl game alone should have answered that question.

it is garbage.. they said the same thing about brady coming out.. that is why he was a 6th round pick... boy does he suck now.. i am sure he laughs about that while he is polishing his superbowl mvp trophy.

R. Rich
01-22-2004, 03:15 PM
funny.. i love the guys that say he cant throw deep.. did ANYONE watch his bowl game this year.. his bowl game alone should have answered that question.

it is garbage.. they said the same thing about brady coming out.. that is why he was a 6th round pick... boy does he suck now.. i am sure he laughs about that while he is polishing his superbowl mvp trophy.

Yeah, this is that time of year when every little fault of a player get magnified so that they fall in the draft. Kinda' like this. (http://www.twobillsdrive.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22088&st=0&#entry186287)

Tatonka
01-22-2004, 03:53 PM
A typical draft time ANALysis:

"What do you think of Joe Smith, All-America DE from Penn State, Mel?"

"Well, Smith is 6-3, 275 and runs a 4.47 40. He has a 44 inch vertical and scored well on the Wonderlich. He's been healthy throughout his career and is a coachable, likable kid. The problem is, he once got a C on an English exam, which brings into question his language skills, which could greatly affect his play on the field. He's good, but I see him falling to the 2nd, maybe 3rd round because of this."

roflmao...

The Spaz
01-22-2004, 04:06 PM
Hey I like Mel Kiper Jr. He may suck at mock drafts but he knows about every player in the draft. Leave Mel alone....:beer:

PS: You have to see him in person!:)

Tatonka
01-22-2004, 09:08 PM
mel may know every player.. but i dont think his evaluations of those players is that good.

The Spaz
01-22-2004, 09:35 PM
He's as good as any one of us but gets paid more and gets more publicity!:up:

Tatonka
01-22-2004, 09:47 PM
He's as good as any one of us but gets paid more and gets more publicity!:up:

man.. to have his job.. seriously.. that is straight dream life.

The Spaz
01-22-2004, 10:30 PM

man.. to have his job.. seriously.. that is straight dream life.

I know I actually have written to him to work for him....:ontome:

Tatonka
01-23-2004, 07:37 AM
I know I actually have written to him to work for him....:ontome:

male dancer?

The Spaz
01-23-2004, 09:12 AM

male dancer?

:doh: :rofl: Ummm no but that was funny.

R. Rich
01-23-2004, 12:39 PM
Hey I like Mel Kiper Jr. He may suck at mock drafts but he knows about every player in the draft. Leave Mel alone....:beer:

I was making a statement against everyone who overANALyzes players at this time of year. People 'fall' in the draft because the rest of the league gets too smart (stupid) for their own good. No, don't take Sapp because he's a pothead. Don't take Moss because he's a bad seed. Yeah, right.

SABURZFAN
01-23-2004, 12:41 PM

Umm Pig Prather was drafted in 2002.He's on the bengals.:up::beer:

:laughter:

the return of pig prather.

R. Rich
01-23-2004, 12:41 PM
PS: You have to see him in prison!:)

Ewww! Sounds kinky. Don't drop the soap.

R. Rich
01-23-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
:laughter:

the return of pig prather.

You're all pigs. I prather will be an end to this.

The Spaz
01-23-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by R. Rich

Ewww! Sounds kinky. Don't drop the soap.

:shakeno::lol: