PDA

View Full Version : Harris may need time to become quality starter..

Bmax
01-22-2004, 03:02 AM
News from the senior bowl josh harris my choice and others to select in this years draft. May need more time than originally thought .. I have seen harris play at least games this season and iwas impressed by his mobility his arm strength and his ability to make plays.. The thing i did notice was that he took most of his snaps from the shotgun and i rarely saw him drop back...

He reminded me of steve mcnair coming out of college...As we know mcnair needed two to three years of coaching to pick up the fine points of the nfl....

The same may be true for harris i guess the question will be can he handle the tough nuances of nfl defenses ?

Here is a link about harris....

htttp://www.espn.go.com/ncf/features/story?page=2004seniorbowl/tuesdaybuzz (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/features/story/page=2004seniorbowl/tuesdaybuzz)

Scouting is not an exact science....one man's future pro bowler prospect is another's nfl journeymen . Just ask erik flowers...

Bmax

ryven
01-22-2004, 07:34 AM
well if the new coaching staff can turn bledsoe around and get him back on track then harris would have that time but personally I think we will draft one in the first day 1. Losman seems like a good prospect and so does Rivers but out of the two and from what I have read lately I think I would rather have Losman.

helmetguy
01-22-2004, 08:32 AM
No matter which QB we draft on day 1 (as TD indicated) don't expect him to become an immediate or late first season starter. A lot is contingent on Bledsoe's contract stsus, as well as how well he (DB) performs at the helm of MM/TC's offensive scheme.

Dozerdog
01-22-2004, 08:33 AM
I think Harris has Shaun King written all over him

elltrain22
01-22-2004, 08:47 AM
Josh Harris does have potential, but I just am not sure he will transition from college to the pros like everyone wants him too. I do like his game though, and i would be happy if we drafted him.

Iehoshua
01-22-2004, 09:13 AM
I think Josh Harris has "Steve McNair" written all over him.

Who really knows til he's given a shot? Marc Bulger had 3rd string written all over him. Tom Brady had 2nd string. Jake Delhomme 2nd and 3rd.

Harris could be the next McNair or the next Quincy Carter. Here's hoping its the former.

Thanks for the link, Bmax