PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Morrison reports that Tim Krumrie is currently...

Michael82
01-22-2004, 08:23 AM
at the Senior Bowl workouts with the rest of the Bills staff. According to Morrison (from WNSA), Krumrie is under contract with the Bills and they want him, they are just working on extending his deal.

The Spaz
01-22-2004, 08:25 AM
I just heard that as well!:up:

lordofgun
01-22-2004, 08:51 AM
I didn't. :(

The Spaz
01-22-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I didn't. :(

Get some ears.:pound: :snicker2: :beer:

Michael82
01-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Get some ears.:pound: :snicker2: :beer:

He can't afford a radio to listen to WNSA. :snicker:

Kolbiss
01-22-2004, 10:04 AM
that is good news

SamAdamsFan
01-22-2004, 10:38 AM
He is a great coach! The more defensive staff kept intact from last year the better.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-22-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by SamAdamsFan
He is a great coach!

Yeah, he made Ryan Denney a pro bowler!!!

Tatonka
01-22-2004, 11:00 AM
what has krumrie actually done?

schobel has 3 more sacks.. but had started that progression every year since he was a rookie.. withough krumries help.

pat williams played the same as always.

adams played like we expected him too.. great sometimes/tired sometimes... but he is a 8 year vet.. krummy wasnt teaching him nothing new..

so really what it comes down to is how did krumrie develope our young talent?

lets see.. denny sucked.. kelsay couldnt outplay denny.. who sucked still... edwards was hurt.. bannan did nothing special except fake a couple injuries to stop the clock for us in a couple games... sape.. was he ever on the field.. not that we could tell at least.

so someone tell me what krummy did that was so great? who did he develop? who did he help get better?

SamAdamsFan
01-22-2004, 11:07 AM
I do agree we had a bad pass rush last year, but we have very little to work with. Schobel and Denny are second round picks who may be decent but aren't awesome, and we have absolutely no depth. However I do think Tim improved the line from the previous two years, and if we draft a decent DT for depth and maybe pick up a veteran pass rusher in free agency I think we could have an above average line.

The Spaz
01-22-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
what has krumrie actually done?

schobel has 3 more sacks.. but had started that progression every year since he was a rookie.. withough krumries help.

pat williams played the same as always.

adams played like we expected him too.. great sometimes/tired sometimes... but he is a 8 year vet.. krummy wasnt teaching him nothing new..

so really what it comes down to is how did krumrie develope our young talent?

lets see.. denny sucked.. kelsay couldnt outplay denny.. who sucked still... edwards was hurt.. bannan did nothing special except fake a couple injuries to stop the clock for us in a couple games... sape.. was he ever on the field.. not that we could tell at least.

so someone tell me what krummy did that was so great? who did he develop? who did he help get better?

Yes but he's not bad either. I think what all of this is about is keeping most our defensive coaches together and keeping consistency. Krumrie is a former player and his knowledge of the game can only help.

Tatonka
01-22-2004, 11:15 AM
I do agree we had a bad pass rush last year, but we have very little to work with. Schobel and Denny are second round picks who may be decent but aren't awesome, and we have absolutely no depth. However I do think Tim improved the line from the previous two years, and if we draft a decent DT for depth and maybe pick up a veteran pass rusher in free agency I think we could have an above average line.

i am sick of that excuse.. little to work with..

people find players all the time.. look at miami.. all their DEs end up being studs while they are there.. mixon, brommel, ogun.. armstrong.. doesnt matter.. they just plug someone in and go..

other teams find guys like KGB all th time.. dont give me that they are only 2nd rounders junk.. a second round should still be a great player.. kelsay and schobel were considered first round picks.. dont tell me because they were drafted a bit later, they should be expected to do as much...

we havent had a dominant defensive end since bruce... and that is in large part due to bad coaching... i just dont see it being any better right now.

SamAdamsFan
01-22-2004, 11:25 AM
Well, maybe Tim won't develope any Pro-Bowl level players, but considering there are 32 teams, they can't all make the Pro-Bowl. Coaches like the one in Miami aren't a dime a dozen. I'd be happy if Tim can make a bad pass rushing line at least average, because I believe that the outstanding play of the linebackers and secondary can diminish the effect of the weakness of the line. Although it would be amazing to see us field a defense with a great front four. You have to give him credit though for fixing the run defense, I think that aspect of the line was above average and much improved from the year before.

Tatonka
01-22-2004, 11:36 AM
Well, maybe Tim won't develope any Pro-Bowl level players, but considering there are 32 teams, they can't all make the Pro-Bowl. Coaches like the one in Miami aren't a dime a dozen. I'd be happy if Tim can make a bad pass rushing line at least average, because I believe that the outstanding play of the linebackers and secondary can diminish the effect of the weakness of the line. Although it would be amazing to see us field a defense with a great front four. You have to give him credit though for fixing the run defense, I think that aspect of the line was above average and much improved from the year before.

again.. i just dont see it that way.. i could care less about a pro bowl bid.. i want GUYS WHO GET PRESSURE.. and krummy hasnt taught them to do that..

as far as crediting him with the improvement in run defense.. i would give alot more of that credit to sam adams than krummy.. he didnt teach sam how to do that.. sam has been doing that his whole career... every team he plays on has a good run defense... the bills were no different.

and you talk about how good our LBs and Secondary are.. one of our lbs is great.. TKO.. fletcher is great at getting tackles but horrible in coverage on the TE, and posey was average at best last year..

the secondary?? the FSs had no picks ... AGAIN all year.. how many years has it been since the FS had a pick in buffalo? kurt shultz? Kelso?... milloy didnt play any better than wire did as a rookie.. which was good but not all star level.. AW couldnt intercept a ball if he had velco on the ball and his gloves.. and nate is solid as always..

my point is.. our LBs and secondary are NOT that awesome.. they are very good but not dominant by any means..

IF we had a DL that got consistent pressuer like miami's.. then you would really see how good that could make our LBs and CBs look.. it all starts with the pressure up front.. without it.. we get no turnovers.. and it kills us..

The Spaz
01-22-2004, 11:44 AM

again.. i just dont see it that way.. i could care less about a pro bowl bid.. i want GUYS WHO GET PRESSURE.. and krummy hasnt taught them to do that..

as far as crediting him with the improvement in run defense.. i would give alot more of that credit to sam adams than krummy.. he didnt teach sam how to do that.. sam has been doing that his whole career... every team he plays on has a good run defense... the bills were no different.

and you talk about how good our LBs and Secondary are.. one of our lbs is great.. TKO.. fletcher is great at getting tackles but horrible in coverage on the TE, and posey was average at best last year..

the secondary?? the FSs had no picks ... AGAIN all year.. how many years has it been since the FS had a pick in buffalo? kurt shultz? Kelso?... milloy didnt play any better than wire did as a rookie.. which was good but not all star level.. AW couldnt intercept a ball if he had velco on the ball and his gloves.. and nate is solid as always..

my point is.. our LBs and secondary are NOT that awesome.. they are very good but not dominant by any means..

IF we had a DL that got consistent pressuer like miami's.. then you would really see how good that could make our LBs and CBs look.. it all starts with the pressure up front.. without it.. we get no turnovers.. and it kills us..

I will give Krumrie slack as I do rookies he gets 3 years around what they get for the contracts then if he sucks or hasn't shown improvement he's gone.

SamAdamsFan
01-22-2004, 11:48 AM
Well, I don't think they formally locked in Tim just yet, do you know of any other available DL coaches that could improve the line? Maybe they could get a guy from college if all the good ones in the pros are under contract. I wonder if they are looking for improvement or just settling for what they have. Unfortunately I don't think they will seek change, I think they are just looking for continuity from last year which isn't always a good thing. Hopefully they will upgrade the position, but I am thankful that Krumrie seems better at least than who he replaced. My main concern was if Krumrie went to Washington and then had no one even half way decent to replace him with, but maybe they should be looking a little more.

don137
01-22-2004, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the update Mike90210...

Log, put down your Josh Mora poster and turn on the radio....

Tatonka
01-22-2004, 11:58 AM
Well, I don't think they formally locked in Tim just yet, do you know of any other available DL coaches that could improve the line? Maybe they could get a guy from college if all the good ones in the pros are under contract. I wonder if they are looking for improvement or just settling for what they have. Unfortunately I don't think they will seek change, I think they are just looking for continuity from last year which isn't always a good thing. Hopefully they will upgrade the position, but I am thankful that Krumrie seems better at least than who he replaced. My main concern was if Krumrie went to Washington and then had no one even half way decent to replace him with, but maybe they should be looking a little more.

i guess my arguement was that if he DOES leave, then it is no big loss.. i agree w/ the continuity aspect.. but we just need improvement.. i am not nearly as happy with last years performance as alot of people are.

i dont know of anyone else that should be brought in to be honest.. i just know when a coach gets results, and krummy hasnt really showed me anything yet.

The Spaz
01-22-2004, 12:01 PM

i guess my arguement was that if he DOES leave, then it is no big loss.. i agree w/ the continuity aspect.. but we just need improvement.. i am not nearly as happy with last years performance as alot of people are.

i dont know of anyone else that should be brought in to be honest.. i just know when a coach gets results, and krummy hasnt really showed me anything yet.

You should have came out an dsaid that in the first place. It started sounding like Krumrie pissed in your wheaties...lol:)!

TigerJ
01-22-2004, 12:34 PM
I assumed the delay was all about an extension. I'm not unhappy with Krumrie at all. I think Pat williams had one of his better years. So did Adams, much better in fact than he's played the last two or three. Schobel's increase of three sacks ties him at ninth in the league, ahead of Dwight Freeney. Yeah, Denney still looks like a bust, but if coaches could turn any player into an all-pro the NFL wouldn't be paying players five million, six million dollars a year and more. Coaches would be the ones receiving superstar salaries. I hope the line gets better, in particular gets more sacks and pressure on the QB, but I think given the right tools Krumrie will do the job we want him to.

Tatonka
01-22-2004, 12:41 PM
hope your right.

i just wish someone could explain to me why teams like miami have good DEs no matter what..

that kid david bowens sucked for us.. went there and was doing well before getting hurt.. they always have good DEs.. and ours always suck.

HenryRules
01-22-2004, 07:08 PM
TigerJ, there's a big difference between not sucking and being at an all-pro level. I don't think Tatonka was asking for Krumrie to make Denney or Kelsay a pro bowler, but to make them not suck would have been nice.

Tatonka
01-22-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
TigerJ, there's a big difference between not sucking and being at an all-pro level. I don't think Tatonka was asking for Krumrie to make Denney or Kelsay a pro bowler, but to make them not suck would have been nice.

yeah.. what he said.

Tatonka
01-22-2004, 09:15 PM
my question is still this.. who did krumrie help get better? if he is a good coach.. how can you tell? what player did he help improve that was not already showing improvement before he got here (schobel)... sam and pat stayed at their same level that we have come to expect from them.. all the other guys suck.. who did he help?

The Spaz
01-22-2004, 09:37 PM
You can say that about all of last years coaches though T.

Tatonka
01-22-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
You can say that about all of last years coaches though T.

not all of them.. i mean.. i see how the RB coach helped henry improve.. he stopped fumbling..

the oline coach got fired for a reason.. they didnt get better.. in fact, they regressed.

the LBs coach helped the unit improve some.. numbers wise.. but your right.. tough to tell what is just spikes talent being added.

the secondary coach did nothing.. and he is gone..

hell.. most of the coach are gone.. so your right.

The Spaz
01-22-2004, 10:26 PM

not all of them.. i mean.. i see how the RB coach helped henry improve.. he stopped fumbling..

the oline coach got fired for a reason.. they didnt get better.. in fact, they regressed.

the LBs coach helped the unit improve some.. numbers wise.. but your right.. tough to tell what is just spikes talent being added.

the secondary coach did nothing.. and he is gone..

hell.. most of the coach are gone.. so your right.

:evil::beer::up: