PDA

View Full Version : Will the Texans set a new scoring record on Sunday?

WG
10-09-2002, 08:29 PM
The most points they've scored in a game has been 19 vs. Dallas for the season opener.

Will they score 20 or more points vs. us?

Fat Tony
10-09-2002, 09:12 PM
I'll take that action!

I'll post an Over/Under for the Texans scoring at 20.5 points (the half point is to prevent a push)

Any takers?

Bets in Zonebucks only, maximum bet is $100

RedEyE
10-09-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Fat Tony
I'll take that action!

I'll post an Over/Under for the Texans scoring at 20.5 points (the half point is to prevent a push)

Any takers?

I'll bite:

$25 on Houston staying under the 20.5

WG
10-09-2002, 10:11 PM
I'll take the over if it's 19.5.

19 is their previous high. 20 is a "magic number."

I'll say 20+. Total. All sources.

???

Fat Tony
10-09-2002, 10:24 PM
What's with you people?

If you can just pick your own O/U, then give me Houston under 100 points.

The line is posted at 20.5, hotshot. put up or shut up.

The Spin Rx
10-09-2002, 10:44 PM
You guys act like we have been pitiful for years. Of all the teams in the league, THIS team will only get better each week.

Reasons we will score more than 20 points:

1)The Texans have started 6 rookies on offense and just NOW have 5 exibition games, and 4 regular season games to have had worked out the new scheme (that 53 players have had to learn the system........not just the rookies). This is the equivalent to an entire Collegiate year. This is ONE team that gets BETTER each week. Most teams do not have such a HUGE learning curve. A lot of learning is DONE by now. FINALLY

2)A bye week to breakdown your game tape. Capers will have the team ready, and Palmer used to coach Bledsoe. Glenn and Coleman have MORE pics than TD's given up against Bledsoe over the last few years= short fields if we can get some pics

3) Jermaine Lewis. He is one of the great kick returners in the game today. He hasn't played (much) this year. He is healthy this week. You are NOT known for your special teams.

4) You have a remarkably inept defense, and David Carr has a HUGE arm. There is NO pass he can NOT make. A freakin ROCKET.

5)We have ANOTHER lineman back on the offensive line we have NOT had ALL year. This will be the FIRST game to have MOST of our starters in. Schau has practiced for the last 2 weeks.

6) We took the Eagles deep into the 3rd quarter before the wheels fell off. Carr throws a pick in the end zone late in the third when we were still in the game.

You really think that we will NEVER score over 20 points? If there were a game that we WILL do this, it is THIS game.

Just my .02 cents. Perhaps you are right, but I think if you guys expect to see the same team we were in week ONE & TWO, you will be surprized.

http://hjs.geol.uib.no/Animgifs/anim_2_bullredsymbol.gif Mess with the Bull, you get the HORNS!!!

RedEyE
10-09-2002, 10:55 PM
Put your zone bucks on it ExBlues.

The Spin Rx
10-09-2002, 11:03 PM
Heck, I didn't even REALIZE I had any. :hamrhed:
I am good with that. I bet the house. :anvil:
http://hjs.geol.uib.no/Animgifs/anim_2_bullredsymbol.gif Mess with the Bull, you get the HORNS!!!

Fat Tony
10-09-2002, 11:09 PM
$100 maximum, but since you are an honored guest, you are allowed to bet your whole stash as of kickoff sunday.

Just be around Monday to pay up! :D.....:deadhorse

BillsMan80
10-09-2002, 11:11 PM
I'll take 50 on the under.

The Spin Rx
10-09-2002, 11:16 PM
I like your board. I am gonna hang for a while. :bandwagon

http://hjs.geol.uib.no/Animgifs/anim_3_blackanim_3_andwhite.gif
Psst, hey, you...... Bet the house, and remember, this conversation never happened............... I'll take you up on your offer of the entire wad as of kickoff. TRU~dat

Dozerdog
10-09-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by BillsMan80

Really? the guy who posted "Play Carr on your FFL" ?

What happened to all the gloom and doom about the Bills D?

Fat Tony
10-13-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE

I'll bite:

$25 on Houston staying under the 20.5

Originally posted by Fat Tony
I'll take that action!

Any takers?

Please make $25 donation to Fat tony

Fat Tony
10-13-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by ExpansionBlues
Heck, I didn't even REALIZE I had any. :hamrhed:
I am good with that. I bet the house. :anvil:

Donation Made, EB!

Fat Tony
10-13-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by BillsMan80

Paid in full

Fat Tony
10-13-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
I'll take the over if it's 19.5.

19 is their previous high. 20 is a "magic number."

I'll say 20+. Total. All sources.

???

to bad Wys, haggling over a pointy cost ya

The Spin Rx
10-13-2002, 08:11 PM
:gag:

Thank you. Sorry for the other post. I was not sure how this worked............meant no harm. :cowboy: