X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Owens unloads on his Web site

With his official free agency more than a month away, it sounds as if Terrell Owens is already running a fade route. On his Web site this week, the 49ers receiver bashed quarterback Jeff Garcia and said he would rather play alongside a better quarterback elsewhere. He also poked fun at Garcia's arrest for driving under the influence, saying that if the quarterback came to his Super Bowl party he would dispatch a limousine to make sure Garcia got home safely.

And, in a radio interview Thursday, Owens called his chances of returning to the 49ers ``gloomy'' and put the Philadelphia Eagles, Atlanta Falcons and Baltimore Ravens high on his wish list.

``I just want to go somewhere where my talents can be used in abundance,'' Owens told host James Brown on Sporting News Radio. ``God blessed me with a lot of talent, and I really don't feel like the last two or three years that I have been able to take my talents to the roof.''

Owens told Brown that his chances of returning to the team that drafted him in 1996 are ``probably less than 50 percent'' and that ``I really don't feel that I've shown the people around the country what I'm really capable of.''

more
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • zone
    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
    • Oct 2003

E.moulds better talk a little harder to him, I don't see b-low on his wish list.
    www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Drewpac
      • Jul 2002

I hope no one finds this to be racist but I thought it was interesting that he listed three teams that start black qb's. Perhaps he believes he will have a better rapport with those qb's than Garcia or Bledsoe.

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

I really don't see Anthony Wright being more than a one year wonder.

Comment

• danny4804
          AJ FEELEY..WORST QB RATING IN ALL OF FOOTBALL!! 61.7
          • Dec 2003

i would not want to play receiver on mcnabbs team. he is not exactally acurate.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
            • Jan 2004

Why the hell would he want to play for Atl or Philly, both schemes and QB's that aren't oriented towards passing non-stop... and Baltimore, well, they never have a QB. His whishlist doesn't really make sense, esp. if he wants to "show off his talents"... all he's after is $$$

Comment

• helmetguy
              Touch the helmet for luck
              • Sep 2002

TO will play anywhere that he can glom off the hype of the guys already there; ATL (Vick), PHI (McNabb). Anywhere there's a limelight he can step into. SF isn't a cachet, glamor franchise anymore, so TO needs a new stage in order to get the props HE thinks he deserves. Bringin him here IN NO WAY will fit into HIS agenda. If the Bills DO commit more to the run, TO won't get nearly the catches HE expects to get. For the money he'd be asking for, we could sign players at three other positions that need addressing. Unless he gets that gaping wound under his nose surgically corrected, he shouldn't even be brought in for a physical.
              Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
              And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

Working...
              X