X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Titans, agent discuss new Kearse deal

Crunch time is rapidly approaching in contract negotiations between the Titans and defensive end Jevon Kearse.

After months of on-and-off discussions, Titans General Manager Floyd Reese and Kearse's agent Drew Rosenhaus met this week in Mobile, Ala., site of tomorrow's Senior Bowl.

Kearse, a defensive end who had 9.5 sacks this season, becomes an unrestricted free agent if Rosenhaus and the Titans don't agree on a new contract by March 2.

''We are in a very critical area and so I am going to be very limited in my commentary on Jevon's contract right now, other than to say that we are in discussions with the team,'' Rosenhaus said yesterday. ''We're working on it.''

There's a chance the Titans could place the franchise tag on Kearse. The tag would keep Kearse with the Titans next season with a one-year contract that would pay him the average salary of the five highest paid defensive ends in the NFL. Last season that average was $7.17 million.

more
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • zone
    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
    • Oct 2003

he'll end up in washington for sure.
    www.blzbus.com

Comment

• clumping platelets

I seriously doubt that the Titans will be able to tag him. They would need to clear $30-35 million to be cap compliant, tender RFAs, and place the tag on Kearse

Not gonna happen

Comment

• Ice_Cube
        • Jan 2004

I wouldn't want him. Gets hurt too much, and doesn't look like the force he once was, IMO.

Comment

Working...
        X