X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MGinestre
    • Dec 2003

Drew Henson

Word is Houston is looking for a second round pick for Henson. If they don't trade or sign him, he re-enters the draft is projected to go late in the first round.

Also heard his stock is rising after working with a QB coach to get into football shape. He would be a nice backup this season and starter in 2005. Any thoughts?
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

The question mar though is "if" he can return to form then yes but there is no way of knowing that. I really like dhim before he started playing baseball instead. Also when would it be known he would reenter the draft? Would it be this year? Is there a deadline on that?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

welcome to The Zone.

if houston doesn't sign or trade him,he'll be going to miami or green bay in the draft.unless we trade down to the #19 spot.....
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Bert102176
        • Aug 2002

Screw Hensen he has been out too long, besides every team that drafts him he screws over to play baseball and he is'nt ever gonna make it with the Skankees
        lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

H eonly got drafted twice once in baseball and one in football.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

I wouldn't take him in the first round. He has been away from the game too long and would be about 25 or 26 years old right?

Comment

• TedMock
              • Jul 2002

Believe it or not, he's only going to be 24 next month! He split time with Brady as a Freshman and became the full time starter his sophmore year. By his senior year he was the preseason Heisman favorite but never played that season.....went to the Yanks instead. I'd really have to read about workouts and commitment to football before I make a judgement call on him.

Comment

• gunzlingr
                • Jul 2002

Another Chris Weinke, perhaps?
                You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• socalfan
                  Old Fogey from Cali
                  • Feb 2003

He left school as a true sophmore, last year was the first year he could be drafted, so in fact he isn't any older than the typical guy guys coming out as a senior.

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by gunzlingr
                    Another Chris Weinke, perhaps?
                    He's 5-6 years younger than Weinke though.

Comment

• TedMock
                      • Jul 2002

Not sure how accurate this is but it seems on par with my recollection of everything.

BIO: High school sensation and unanimous #1 QB prospect in the nation coming out of high school. Split time with Tom Brady his freshman year and then took over as starter in his sophomore season. Injuries cost him the first part of his junior season but he still managed to lead Michigan to a Citrus Bowl appearance and win. Henson entered his Senior season with the Wolverines as title contenders and himself a Heisman contender but left before the season to pursue a baseball career with the Yankees. He was still selected in the 4th Round of the 2003 NFL Draft by the Houston Texans.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

To hell with him. We don't need to fork up a 2nd rounder for a backup for the next couple of years.

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TedMock
                          Not sure how accurate this is but it seems on par with my recollection of everything.

BIO: High school sensation and unanimous #1 QB prospect in the nation coming out of high school. Split time with Tom Brady his freshman year and then took over as starter in his sophomore season. Injuries cost him the first part of his junior season but he still managed to lead Michigan to a Citrus Bowl appearance and win. Henson entered his Senior season with the Wolverines as title contenders and himself a Heisman contender but left before the season to pursue a baseball career with the Yankees. He was still selected in the 4th Round of the 2003 NFL Draft by the Houston Texans.
                          I could have swore he was drafted in the 6th round?!

Comment

• superbills
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz

I could have swore he was drafted in the 6th round?!
                            Yup, supplemental pick in round 6. 192 Overall.

Visit ESPN to get up-to-the-minute sports news coverage, scores, highlights and commentary for AFL, NRL, Rugby, Cricket, Football and more.
                            "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                            Ronald Reagan
                            40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by superbills

Yup, supplemental pick in round 6. 192 Overall.

http://football.about.com/library/we...ftresults6.htm
                              I knew I was right!

Comment

Working...
                              X