PDA

View Full Version : Jim McNally on ESPN2 right now.

Jeff1220
01-23-2004, 07:09 PM
It's called "Hey Rookie, Welcome to the NFL" and one of the 3 rookies highlighted is Giants Undrafted FA, Jeff Roehl. They showed some of McNally in action coaching him and some film room stuff. The show just started. There should be plenty more.

The other two highlighted rooks are Anquan Boldin and Byron Leftwich

shelby
01-23-2004, 07:11 PM
i don't have cable any more:wail: but thanks Jeff.

The Spaz
01-23-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by shelby
i don't have cable any more:wail: but thanks Jeff.

:dizzy::confused:

The Spaz
01-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Yeah I was only able to catch part of it last time I'll watch it again for sure though.

mypoorfriendme
01-23-2004, 08:09 PM
sounds like he knows what hes talking about, and more importantly pays a ton of attention to detail, and doesnt take the scream technique at his players, but more of the contructive technique...a definite player's coach

Throne Logic
01-23-2004, 09:05 PM
MPFM: You're killing me slowly here. I know that signature is quoted from Family Guy. I even remember Brian saying it. I just can't remember which episode. . .

BTW, I hope you're right about McNally. Could really use an O-Line boost in Buffalo.

TigerJ
01-23-2004, 09:11 PM
It's been years since Buffalo had even a decent offensive line coach. If Jim McNally had been here 5 years ago, Ruben Brown would actually have deserved all those pro bowl berths.

madness
01-23-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
It's been years since Buffalo had even a decent offensive line coach. If Jim McNally had been here 5 years ago, Ruben Brown would actually have deserved all those pro bowl berths.

Watch now, next year he won't go.

Brian Griese Rulz
01-23-2004, 10:45 PM
Gotta love that Giants O-Line last year. They sucked worse then the Bills Line did.

The Spaz
01-23-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz
Gotta love that Giants O-Line last year. They sucked worse then the Bills Line did.

Want to know who were the starters were? Name them........exactly!:D

Throne Logic
01-23-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

It's not as though your average football fan can just start spouting off the names of O-Lineman on other teams. Especially when they are not even AFC East teams.

I have my concerns, however, I'm not unhappy about the hirings. Could have been much, much worse.

I said that anything other than Gilbride would make me happy, so I'm stickin' with my statement. . . :shake:

Tatonka
01-23-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
I have my concerns, however, I'm not unhappy about the hirings. Could have been much, much worse.

actually.. it really could not have been better.. tell me who we could have gotten that would have been better than what we have?

The Spaz
01-23-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic

It's not as though your average football fan can just start spouting off the names of O-Lineman on other teams. Especially when they are not even AFC East teams.

I said that anything other than Gilbride would make me happy, so I'm stickin' with my statement. . . :shake:

I don't expect everyone to know the ofensive lines on every team but at least look at their depth chart and you can recognize most names. I realize what your sayign but the Giants O-line ended up playing just about all rookies and some undrafted FA's also in the past 3 years the Giants have only draft 1 offensive linemen in the top 3 rounds the last 3 years. How's that for not bringing in talent to help that situation out?:up::beer:

Brian Griese Rulz
01-23-2004, 11:19 PM

So another words he couldnt coach no-names into be names. Just what I want a coach that can't coach coachable athletes.

The Spaz
01-23-2004, 11:22 PM

So another words he couldnt coach no-names into be names. Just what I want a coach that can't coach coachable athletes.

They weren't names to begin with they were rookies and undrafted FA's. Yeah McNally sucks he's only been around what like 16-17 years and is thought of as one of the best o-line coaches by the players and the NFL. If you don't beleive it go do some research!:up:

Bmax
01-23-2004, 11:31 PM
anybody that says mcnally can't coach is crazy... The has coached tow teams in the super bowl bengals and giants...And other playoff teams.......Heck the guy got glenn porky parker and rusty dusty ziegler to playy well..

It may take some time but he will get the most out of our line.. He;s the best off line coach in buffalo since jim ringo .. then again the guy that was knocking him probably doesn't know who jim ringo is ......

Bmax

Brian Griese Rulz
01-24-2004, 12:13 AM

If you don't beleive it go do some research!:up:

Research has also said GW would make a excellent head coach. Research would also say that Rob Johnson has potential. Research would also tell you that the Giants Oline sucked last year.
Research would also tell you that the Steelers offense sucked last year.

Buffalo and N.O. both have their heads up their asses. Hire coaches that sucked during this year (Mora,MM,JM) instead of waiting for coaches that actually accomplished something this year.

Brian Griese Rulz
01-24-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Bmax
Heck the guy got glenn porky parker and rusty dusty ziegler to playy well..

And this would be the main reason why people like him. Cause he coached 2 ex-Bills.

Just like people who wanted Haslett for a coach because he was a ex-Bill.

35Pete
01-24-2004, 07:57 AM
This guy says McNally sucks (even though ESPN differs) yet he cannot name an alternative coach!! Don't post ignorant posts please.

Jeff1220
01-24-2004, 08:13 AM

Research has also said GW would make a excellent head coach. Research would also say that Rob Johnson has potential. Research would also tell you that the Giants Oline sucked last year.

Buffalo and N.O. both have their heads up their asses. Hire coaches that sucked during this year (Mora,MM,JM) instead of waiting for coaches that actually accomplished something this year.

N.O.? Haslett's been their coach for the last few years. They didn't hire anybody. Maybe you mean Atlanta.

Research would show that GW was a terrible head coach and a really good DC.
Research would show that Rob Johnson is an athletic QB who never had the awareness or intelligence to make anything of his raw skills.
Research would show you that the Giant's O-line was decimated by injuries last year.

Research would show you that Jim McNally is a proven commodity as an O-Line coach and there are few, if any, that are better at that job. This guy has proven himself, while none of the other "research" you've mentioned is of anyone who's done that.

I don't understand how anybody could be unhappy with Mcnally as the O-L coach.

helmetguy
01-24-2004, 08:22 AM
Looks to me like McNally is right out of the Jim Ringo mold. That's a good thing. Seems to me that the guy doing most of the *****ing is big on name recognition only. In answer to that, how many different O-line combinations did the Giants use this past year due to injuries? Even God couldn't get continuity with so many changes.

Bert102176
01-24-2004, 07:17 PM
honestly it wasn't really the Giants OL that hurt them it was Barbes Fumbles

madness
01-25-2004, 03:12 PM
I don't even see why we are discussing this. This guy is known around the league as one of the best. The Giant's situation had nothing to do with bad coaching...except head coaching maybe.

Dozerdog
01-25-2004, 03:23 PM
If you traded McNally to the Bills and Ruell to the Giants last season, the Giants would have been a 2 win team, tops.

For everyone who's whining we didn't get Weis - think of this- No Bills coaches or assistants would be spending the week at the Senior Bowl - or the ones we retained (and possibly replaced) who would have gone would be no help once the draft started.

If both guys were pretty much equal, why piss away that golden opportunity to evaluate talent?

Goobylal
01-25-2004, 09:32 PM

LMMFAO! Would that include the Dols, who extended Dave Wannaclue's contract? Oh man, that's about the funniest thing I've ever heard! Man the Pats were fools to not fire Belichick last year after he couldn't even get his SB-winning team into the playoffs!

Not to worry peeps, McNally will put together a great O-line, as has been his MO throughout his career.