• Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Direct quote from Terrell Owens

(YESTERDAY on FoxSports.com)

Owens on what other teams are on his short list:
    "There are three or four teams out there. I would probably say Philly and Atlanta. Everybody wants me to come to Philly. I talked to (Ravens linebacker) Ray Lewis and he said they would love to have me, so definitely Baltimore. I would just like to go somewhere where there is a good chance of winning the Super Bowl and definitely playing with the likes of Donovan McNabb, Anthony Wright and Steve McNair. I just want to be able to do something and blossom as a receiver. I really don't feel that I have shown the people around the country what I am really capable of."

With Moulds and Owens being friends I find it interesting there is no mention of them discussing the possibility of Buffalo, but he says Ray Lewis has made a pretty good effort in getting him to come to Baltimore and playing for a crap QB in Wright. But then again, he says "Three or four teams" (Philly, Atl, Bal)... could the 4th be Buffalo?
  • JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

...playing with the likes of Anthony Wright...

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

TO won't be in Philly... the Eagles are a bunch of tightwads and their owner tries to keep them close to the NFL salary cap minimum.

Look for him to be in Atlanta with Price and Vick next year.
      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by JJamezz
        :As for him coming to Buffalo, you guys gotta give up this fantasy - it ain't gonna happen.
        I don't think it will happen nor do I want it to happen... I just thought I heard Moulds say he was going to "talk to him" and pursuade him to come here, but there is no mention of it.

On a side note, I think its hilarious that he said this: "I just want to go somewhere where my talents can be used in an abundance... There are some good teams out there that I feel that I could fit in well with." Like his talents will go through the roof playing with Anthony Wright and Jamal Lewis.

Comment

• elltrain22
          • Sep 2003

TO is a great, great talent, but we can get someone else, for alot cheaper, and who is alot better guy in the locker room
          If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• zone
            No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
            • Oct 2003

I think he is not mentioning buffalo and is going to suprise everyone when he sign.
            www.blzbus.com

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by zone
              I think he is not mentioning buffalo and is going to suprise everyone when he sign.
              God I hope not
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

Baltimore and Philly are 20+ million under the cap so they are in the best position to make a run at him. The question is what type of salary would he command and would a team team be willing to pay it.

Comment

• zone
                  No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                  • Oct 2003

Originally posted by elltrain22
                  TO is a great, great talent, but we can get someone else, for alot cheaper, and who is alot better guy in the locker room
                  Great talent that wants to play hard every down, is a born leader on the field. One of the best blocking WR in the game, let alone maybee the best all around in the game.

Yea why would we want someone like this. Why would we want someone who is not afraid to get in players faces when they are playing like crap, and get them pumped up.

I think this is EXACTLY what we need! We have it on d-fense why not on offense.
                  www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                    • Jan 2004

Terrell Owens has taken more shots at Jeff Garcia, saying that the 49ers quarterback is a reason why Owens likely will leave the team this offseason as a free agent.

In that article he rips on Garcia. I don't know if I would really want a guy like this in the locker room, I don't think he's much of a team player.

Comment

• The Natrix
                      • Jul 2002

TO would be to much of a "luxury" signing for Buffalo in my opinion. The money can be better spent elsewhere. I'm glad he didn't mention Buffalo.

If WM and Henry are both 100% there would be no reason for TO. Buffalo's WR group is fine. Moulds was hurt and Bledsoe and the O-line made them look bad.

Byrd.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by The Natrix
                        The money can be better spent elsewhere.

Buffalo's WR group is fine.
                        I agree. I don't think its necessary to bring in a guy like him, Moulds is our #1 and we don't need another guy in here to cause problems and argue who's getting the ball more... the offense has more important areas to deal with.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by zone
                          Great talent that wants to play hard every down, is a born leader on the field. One of the best blocking WR in the game, let alone maybee the best all around in the game.

Yea why would we want someone like this. Why would we want someone who is not afraid to get in players faces when they are playing like crap, and get them pumped up.

I think this is EXACTLY what we need! We have it on d-fense why not on offense.
                          ...Yeah... right.. and when Henry and Mcgahee get 40 touches a gamre, and Moulds & Reed get their dozen- Is Owens going to start *****ing he's not the focus of the offense?

He doesn't care what the team record is- he wants his 8 grabs and 130 yards a game.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dozerdog

Is Owens going to start *****ing he's not the focus of the offense?

He doesn't care what the team record is- he wants his 8 grabs and 130 yards a game.
                            Exactly my point. Why else would he want to play on Philly and Bal?... neither team has a good reciever.

Comment

• The Natrix
                              • Jul 2002

I never heard anyone say we should have run the ball less and passed more. Now A good number of people want TO when WM will prolly be almost 100%.

Sense this makes: None.

What, are we going to depend on the draft to shore up the O-line? Laughable.

Byrd.

Comment

Working...
                              X